Radim Vrbata Pt. 2

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Liking his jam so far. Glad to get a player from a different organization then we usually get players from and not be instantly disappointed in how he plays.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Glad to get a player from a different organization then we usually get players from

He came immediately from playing with a solidly run organization. Just like Hamhuis, Malhotra, Samuelsson, Ehrhoff. It should be a big consideration when the Canucks scout players.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He plays like a more shooty 3rd Sedin. I really liked the signing at the time and he's been clicking so far.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
As good as he has been I'm still waiting to see him play against some real teams. That said he has easily been our most exciting player this season.

Jun 15, 2014
That old thread is hilarious now!

To me it actually seems like Vrbata picks his shots carefully, he actually aims. Kesler kinda just, shot it the same way, every time. He'd ask for the puck, rush into the zone do a half assed toe drag, shoot it from beyond the cirlce and it would deflect out of play.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
That old thread is hilarious now!

To me it actually seems like Vrbata picks his shots carefully, he actually aims. Kesler kinda just, shot it the same way, every time. He'd ask for the puck, rush into the zone do a half assed toe drag, shoot it from beyond the cirlce and it would deflect out of play.

someone give this poster a job color commentating.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
We're so used to a 1-2 pass where the puck is whipped at any part of the net. He took that split second to analyze his shot and aim it and that's something we haven't even had in a while. Love it.

The real games start tomorrow and I'm beyond excited.

JA

From what I've seen, Vrbata is an incredibly nifty player. He has made a lot of creative individual moves; at the same time, he knows where to be positionally all the time and reads the Sedins so well. He has little bursts of speed that help him get past the opposition sometimes too.

The great thing about him is he can be the third Sedin (the closest in skill level and similarities I've seen) creating magic with them, and also be a dangerous individual threat to the opposition. His wrist shots and one-timers haven't been going in as of yet, but I'm hoping some time during the season his stick will heat up and he'll be firing pucks into the net with that shot of his. He could have had two goals tonight.

I am really impressed.

82157770_218472274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

Counting the preseason, Radim has 6 goals in his last 6 games (3 in 3 so far since the start of the regular season).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Counting the preseason, Radim has 6 goals in his last 6 games (3 in 3 so far since the start of the regular season).

He's playing great. I'm starting wonder how many he can get this year, starting to feel like we should expect 40, maybe 50 though 50 might be optimistic without the Oilers leaving him unmarked all game.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I don't even know how to express the joy I have for the Sedins finally finding that 3rd player on their line. It is like a complex puzzle was solved that people were hoping for. It won't be this easy vs LA and SJ and the Ryan Divelers but we are going to make them skate. Thats all you can ask and guys its time to embrace the fact that we are once again the NHLs one line team. And that one line is ****ing nasty. I love euro hockey.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
You offered him $4.5m, he signed for $3m. And he was waived later that year, and then went back to Europe. At least he came back and put up a couple of 40 point seasons, bit much for $4.5m.

I didn't say I predicted exactly how his contract would have unfolded. If he was playing with the twins he very well may have produced more than 40 points, so his contract would've been fine.

In any case, stoked as others are that they have found another player who meshes with the twins nicely.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Really a shame we isn't have Kesler and Vrbata as a power play unit

Verbatas lethal shot or keslers tip ins would have given penalty killers nightmares

Really upset I didn't grab him in my hockey pool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad