Race for the Calder

Status
Not open for further replies.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
Jesus Christ... there's nothing "ridiculous" about not talking about guys that were rookies 15 years ago. Should we talk about Makarov too? I don't think anyone who has played more than 50 games in any pro league should be eligible for ROTY. Happy?

Guys like Barkov and Laine had more than 50 games, when they came to league immediately after draft. Matthews luckily had only 36 games.

Reactions: alexgreeen

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've never seen an argument get so swiftly and thoroughly decimated by everybody. That was fun.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Seems like it.

Strangely enough Kaprizov hasn’t won any of the rookie of the month award this season having such an advantage in rookie scoring
Yea but they don't come with the main prize , he deserves it and has earned it

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
2-1 for Kaprizov tonight. Wild PP is starting to finally click, which will probably put the nail in the coffin on this race.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s always apparently over after he has a good game. Then we hear nothing in this thread until he has another good game. Weird how it goes. Maybe the award isn’t based off of one player.

I'll bump it next game he doesn't score, and even tag you, just so we can talk about it. I hope that someday you can move past your insecurities in a thread that has nothing to do with your players.

I've never seen someone so personally offended by another teams fanbase posting about their player having 3 points in a thread about a trophy that said player is the favorite for, yet every time Wild fans do it, you're here to remind us that, "hey, sometimes Kaprizov has games where he doesn't even score."

Thank you for your service to the forums.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'll bump it next game he doesn't score, and even tag you, just so we can talk about it. I hope that someday you can move past your insecurities in a thread that has nothing to do with your players.

I've never seen someone so personally offended by another teams fanbase posting about their player having 3 points in a thread about a trophy that said player is the favorite for, yet every time Wild fans do it, you're here to remind us that, "hey, sometimes Kaprizov has games where he doesn't even score."

He's going to be so confused on why he's getting tagged in an old thread next November or December....

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Once again, Dallas and Jersey and Ottawa and Chicago and even Rangers fans are very welcome to provide updates as to how their guys are doing. It would be a welcome add to the discussion.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I love watching Kaprizov play, his skating is fantastic, just amazing edges and so smart. His vision is outstanding and he has that ability to find people that are open without forcing passes.

I think his passing/vision has been the biggest surprise for me. Knew about the goal scoring obviously, but this has been a bonus.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think his passing/vision has been the biggest surprise for me. Knew about the goal scoring obviously, but this has been a bonus.

His goal scoring is really interesting to me. He doesn't necessarily over power you, but he has a quick release and just gets himself into good positions. Really impressed with how he reads the game, and how he makes the most use of his weapons. Just the way he blends his skating with his quick plays makes it so hard to shut him down.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I’m merely pushing back on the faulty narratives. Kaprizov has done nothing to have locked this race up, yet the thread is quiet when he doesn’t score and then when he does apparently he’s won the award. The updates we were getting from a Wild fan for the statistical leaders have stopped, and this thread is bumped almost every time when Kaprizov or Kahkonen plays well. Others aren’t bumping it for their team’s players.

Kaprizov is 38th in PPG, T28 in total points. Second on his team in PPG. It’s a good season, but award locked up? You’d think he’s one of the top scorers in the league the way some discuss his position compared to everyone else. There’s still a long way to go. Many players who can win it. No reason for this faulty narrative to be spread. While some try to push it, we should at least be transparent about what’s going on.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m merely pushing back on the faulty narratives. Kaprizov has done nothing to have locked this race up, yet the thread is quiet when he doesn’t score and then when he does apparently he’s won the award. The updates we were getting from a Wild fan for the statistical leaders have stopped, and this thread is bumped almost every time when Kaprizov or Kahkonen plays well. Others aren’t bumping it for their team’s players.

Kaprizov is 38th in PPG, T28 in total points. Second on his team in PPG. It’s a good season, but award locked up? You’d think he’s one of the top scorers in the league the way some discuss his position compared to everyone else. There’s still a long way to go. Many players who can win it. No reason for this faulty narrative to be spread. While some try to push it, we should at least be transparent about what’s going on.

They should.

I don't think any reasonable person thinks that the race was over after 10, 15 or 20 games. A lot of it has hyperbole to it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

It's the f***ing Calder. Are you confused? Are you lost? This isn't the thread for the Hart and the Art Ross.

You keep posting stats league wide among all players as they matter in this thread. He's 38th in PPG, great. Robertson is 77th. Stutzle is 177th. Lafreniere is 360th.

Come back when another rookie actually has a valid claim to the award in the future. As of now, he leads all relevant rookies in goals, assists, points, +/-, scoring per game, scoring per 60, even strength scoring. He leads in enough categories to be the clear front runner.

You have an issue with people saying the race is over and it's his to lose, I get it, but if that's the case, maybe you should work harder to show why anyone else deserves it more than Kaprizov at this point.

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Please explain how it's Wild fans fault other fans of teams with rookies "somewhat" in contention for the race don't post in the calder thread because their rookies aren't in any real contention. This is HFBoards, if they thought they were in actual contention they'd say so.

Robertson has been coming on and his fans have been posting every good game he has.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But being impressed by this is something that bothers you, for some reason.

Am I bothered or is it the people who constantly get mad that someone else doesn’t buy into the faulty and contrived narratives about their team’s player that is always very conveniently timed? There should be no reason that like 4-5 different fans of the same team have to attack me for posting my opinion here. Whose the bothered one(s) again?

I think everyone should be educated about where this award stands. I’m trying to give my opinion, and I hope it helps inform the forum to push back on the narrative that one fan base is crafting. If we could all be transparent about the award race and the contenders that’d make everything easier. Unfortunately, this thread is only bumped to talk about one player, occasionally two, both playing for the same team.

Are you not the guy who was posting the stats leaders for all rookies every day or two until the Wild rookies started to go into slumps or is that someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad