SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Vilardi has 3 points kilo.. :skeptic:, our own guy... really
upload_2021-1-26_13-4-56.jpeg

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I think Kaprizov, Stutzle, Lafranierres or Byram to loose.
Dark horses is Smith, Hoglander, Kahklonnen.

Draftposition has often a heavy role in this. So if players are just as equal in play, Lafranierre will draw the longest straw.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think Kaprizov, Stutzle, Lafranierres or Byram to loose.
Dark horses is Smith, Hoglander, Kahklonnen.

Draftposition has often a heavy role in this. So if players are just as equal in play, Lafranierre will draw the longest straw.

I realize its still pretty early, but at some point here Laf has to get on the score sheet before we start penciling him in as a leading contender. Kaprizov and Smith are playing at a PPG pace through 6 games.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Kings Gabriel Vilardi has 3 goals in 6 games, while playing on the 3rd line. I can see a jump to the 2nd line soon.

I hope so. It's a shame that undrafted Lizotte gets to play between the team's top two goal scorers instead of 1st-rounder Vilardi, whose potential as a top-6 player is much greater. If Vilardi were to have some assists to go along with his goals, he'd be in the Calder race.

Reactions: Dominance

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I realize its still pretty early, but at some point here Laf has to get on the score sheet before we start penciling him in as a leading contender. Kaprizov and Smith are playing at a PPG pace through 6 games.

Yes, of. But id he grts going after ten games, and Smith cools of a bit, Laf will take the lead.

Iwondwr why not actual play matters. Just points. I get that you win ehenyou score goals. But you can help the team win in many aspects of the game. Defence, boardplay, threezpne play, be a third wheel in a line. etc etc. No. Just points

dedutchhockey

Dec 30, 2020
Hoglander is going to be in this conversation by years end. Especially if one of the top guys get injured and he plays on the top line pp unit.

That’s gotta be some sort of record of having at least a Calder Finalist for 4 years in a row for Van if does happen.

Boeser Pettersson Hughes Hoglander

Then they have Podkolzin next year. Oy

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I can't see Byram in the conversation by the end of the year. The offense isn't there right off the bat like it was with Makar, and with guys like Kaprizov and Smith lighting things up immediately, Byram would be a hard sell. I'd take Hoglander and Laf over him, too, despite the points not being there for Laf yet. He's too talented and physically mature to not start scoring.

Reactions: dedutchhockey

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yes, of. But id he grts going after ten games, and Smith cools of a bit, Laf will take the lead.

Iwondwr why not actual play matters. Just points. I get that you win ehenyou score goals. But you can help the team win in many aspects of the game. Defence, boardplay, threezpne play, be a third wheel in a line. etc etc. No. Just points

Probably for the same reason the Selke has less prestige than the Hart.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Regardless of points, the best rookie has been K'Andre Miller.

Getting paired against the opponents top lines and is at +6 with a couple of points.

Reactions: SwedishFire

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Much to early to tell how the Calder race shakes out. End of Feb. we should have a much better view imo.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Is Laf contributing to NYR wins?

ODoyle

Mar 1, 2020
Kaprizov will win it. Imagine if the rest of the team wasn’t a bunch of 3rd and 4th line grinders. He’s looked great, but is being held back by his line mates.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Kaprizov will win it. Imagine if the rest of the team wasn’t a bunch of 3rd and 4th line grinders. He’s looked great, but is being held back by his line mates.

Kaprizov's game screams desperate need for adequate playmaking or finishing center. Fiala would IMO compliment Kaprizov nicely on the wing, but they seem to be separated 5v5 at the moment.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
I don't see any Dmen in the running this year. After the ridiculous 1-2 combo we had last season, this year's crop won't have the flashy stats to match up and won't look as good as they rightfully should in comparison.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
No mention of Kiviranta is weird. I know Dallas hasn't played much and he's hurt now, but if he gets back soon he's going to put up numbers on that first line with Radulov and Pavelski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad