Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Final standings:
upload_2021-5-16_4-8-22.png

Last edited:

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
What are the teams schedules like? I think half of the Leafs remaining games are against the Jets and Habs, so it’ll definitely be a battle for them.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
What are the teams schedules like? I think half of the Leafs remaining games are against the Jets and Habs, so it’ll definitely be a battle for them.
They beat the Flames tonight

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's an interesting year. Four divisions separates the top teams more clearly.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Florida has 4 left against Tampa and 4 against Carolina. That's pretty rough. Tampa only has 2 left against Carolina. Washington has the Islanders 4 times, Pittsburgh twice and Boston 3 times. Islanders only have 3 left against Boston, done with Pitt already. Colorado only has 2 against each of Vegas and Minnesota, but 4 against the Blues. Vegas also has 4 against the Blues and 2 against the Wild. The Blues and Wild play 7 times down the stretch.

Seems like Colorado and Vegas have the easiest road (though I still can't figure out why the blues aren't good) and Florida and Washington have it pretty tough. But who knows, it'll probably be Florida.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Florida has 4 left against Tampa and 4 against Carolina. That's pretty rough. Tampa only has 2 left against Carolina. Washington has the Islanders 4 times, Pittsburgh twice and Boston 3 times. Islanders only have 3 left against Boston, done with Pitt already. Colorado only has 2 against each of Vegas and Minnesota, but 4 against the Blues. Vegas also has 4 against the Blues and 2 against the Wild. The Blues and Wild play 7 times down the stretch.

Seems like Colorado and Vegas have the easiest road (though I still can't figure out why the blues aren't good) and Florida and Washington have it pretty tough. But who knows, it'll probably be Florida.

Florida is playing the best hockey of their season right now. Although, Carolina always seems to have their number somehow. If they can widen their lead over Carolina in the next couple weeks, I honestly think they take it. I' d bet on trade reinforcements coming in too. Two games against Canes this week.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Florida is playing the best hockey of their season right now. Although, Carolina always seems to have their number somehow. If they can widen their lead over Carolina in the next couple weeks, I honestly think they take it. I' d bet on trade reinforcements coming in too. Two games against Canes this week.

Colorado is basically in the same boat. 14 game point streak where they’ve worked their average shot differential into the double digits. But these streaks don’t last forever and they fall apart in the most random ways. Maybe we’ll drop several games to SJ down the stretch. Who knows?

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Avs also just got done playing 15 of 17 at home and only have only 5 home games left. They definitely have an altitude advantage with the pace and style of play. Don't see them losing too many games remaining, but can see them splitting games with St Louis and Vegas.

Reactions: Nihiliste

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Islanders have the following:
BOS - 3 left (all on road) - 5-0-0
BUF - 2 left (all on road) - 6-0-0
NJD - 2 left (all at home) - 5-1-0
NYR - 5 left (4 home/1 road) - 2-1-0
PHI - 2 left (split) - 3-1-0-2
WAS - 4 left (3 home/1 road) - 1-3-0

the only remaining team they’ve really struggled with is Washington. They do have a good shot to finish off these season series with solid records of trends remain.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Avs also just got done playing 15 of 17 at home and only have only 5 home games left. They definitely have an altitude advantage with the pace and style of play. Don't see them losing too many games remaining, but can see them splitting games with St Louis and Vegas.

finally we’ll see the true shot counts without Pepsi Center inflation. Can’t wait for the first game where the Avalanche score 5 goals on 4 shots

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

the only remaining team they’ve really struggled with is Washington. They do have a good shot to finish off these season series with solid records of trends remain.

We can only beat the Devils and Sabres, no way we can compete with other said teams.

Reactions: RMimagery

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain

Fast is fast, regardless of altitude. I don't think Minnesota, for example, was tired due to altitude when they gave up 25 shots in the 1st period. If so, they might need to look at their conditioning. Home ice certainly has it's advantages, the elevation thing is highly overrated though.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Avs can’t possibly keep up their hot streak. They were mediocre to start the year and on fire through March, and they’ll probably be good down the stretch but not quite as hot

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018

I look at this completely different. We play great against both teams. We suck vs calgary and ottawa.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Strength of schedule means nothing for the Lightning, we're consistently taking nights off against teams like Detroit and Columbus. We've also lost 6 of our last 7 when Vasilevskiy isn't playing.

So in summary, we can scratch off Tampa for the President's Trophy. And good riddance, I want nothing to do with it after 2019.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Thanks, I hate it.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad