Race for the 2021 Presidents' Trophy

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
With ~19 games left here in the regular season, let's open a discussion of how the race for winning the regular season seems like. Unlike in other seasons, most of the front runners doesn't face each other at all.

Situation after Sunday games:

These are the teams with 50+ points. Yes, Minnesota has two games in hand over Pittsburgh, but I leave them out for now. I'll lift them here as soon as they beat Colorado on Monday.
View attachment 417469
Next relevant games:

Mon April 5th:
Vegas@St. Louis
Colorado@Minnesota
Toronto@Calgary

Tue April 6th:
Washington@NY Islanders
Pittsburgh@NY Rangers
Florida@Carolina
Tampa Bay@Columbus

Wed April 7th:
Montreal@Toronto
Vegas@St. Louis
Colorado@Minnesota

Thu April 8th:
Philadelphia@NY Islanders
Pittsburgh@NY Rangers
Boston@Washington
Florida@Carolina
Tampa Bay@Columbus

On bold the games where both teams are among those top teams.

What do you think, which team will win the regular season 2021?
Have a like for spelling the Presidents' Trophy correct.

Reactions: Jaymond Flurrie

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
So in summary, we can scratch off Tampa for the President's Trophy. And good riddance, I want nothing to do with it after 2019.

It still bothers me that this organization had the gall to put a banner up for that after 2019. After that catastrophe of a postseason, anything and everything to do with celebrating that regular season should've been ignored. I still feel this way even after the way the following season went. Guess what? With the talent this team has had for the last half decade+, you still haven't made up for the opportunities you've wasted, as far as I'm concerned.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Avs can’t possibly keep up their hot streak. They were mediocre to start the year and on fire through March, and they’ll probably be good down the stretch but not quite as hot

You mean they might lose in regulation again at some point?!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Florida has 4 left against Tampa and 4 against Carolina. That's pretty rough. Tampa only has 2 left against Carolina. Washington has the Islanders 4 times, Pittsburgh twice and Boston 3 times. Islanders only have 3 left against Boston, done with Pitt already. Colorado only has 2 against each of Vegas and Minnesota, but 4 against the Blues. Vegas also has 4 against the Blues and 2 against the Wild. The Blues and Wild play 7 times down the stretch.

Seems like Colorado and Vegas have the easiest road (though I still can't figure out why the blues aren't good) and Florida and Washington have it pretty tough. But who knows, it'll probably be Florida.

Toronto is the only team on that list that doesn’t have another divisional team on that list. I’d say they have the easiest road although their schedule isn’t a walk in the park with the majority of the remaining games against Winnipeg and Montreal

Toronto’s remaining schedule
Montreal 6 games
Winnipeg 4 games
Ottawa 2 games
Vancouver 4 games

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Meaningless this year.
I mean it does mean you have the home ice through everything. Unless the playoffs are in a bubble (which could happen considering recent developments), I'd say that does give an advantage. Who knows, maybe by June some states have raised their capacity to at least half of the arena. At the same time, who knows if you see fans in Canada before next season.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Updated after Wednesday games. Toronto now with the most points.

Here's a sheet showing total possible points.

FZKeExr.png

Reactions: DaveG

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Probably Toronto or Colorado. I think Tampa is the best team in the League though.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Tampa is doing this without Kucherov, pretty crazy just how good they are

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
3 of the top 5 in that chart are from the Central, and they all have to play each other multiple times. In a week it should be clearer the order of Canes/Kittens/Bolts. in the Central.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
All I can tell you is that Tampa does not look interested one bit to finish at the top. The last few weeks we played terrible and if it wasn’t for Vasy we might have lost our last ten+ straight.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->