GDT: R4G6 - Avs @ Lightning - For Great Victory - 6PM

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not sure why you’re so angry but welcome to my ignore list. Sorry your life sucks
I’ll wear it like a badge of honor.

And not like you can see this but I’m not angry in the slightest. You’re the one who apparently has a huge issue with the number of a player hanging in the rafter the past twenty-one years, not me. Maybe you should deal with that.

There is literally no rules in place for retirement of numbers. None. They can do whatever the hell they want. I have no issue with them retiring a legend’s number no matter how short a time he was with the club.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hah!

But worse. A losing NHL mealy-mouthing coach/lawyer. Jesus... is that what he spews in the locker room?
I have a feeling Cooper is great in the locker room. I imagine him whining at everything to the media is his way of getting the conversation off of his players. It's much the same as Torts tantrums. He does a lot of that to deflect criticism off of the players by making himself the story.

Reactions: flyfysher

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
A term for Cooper is also ''mealy-mouthed'.

mealy-mouthed​

Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.

meal·y-mouthed

(mē′lē-mouthd′, -moutht′)
adj.
Unwilling to state facts or opinions simply and directly.

[Akin to the German expression Mehl im Maule behalten, to be indirect in speech (literally, to have meal in the mouth).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

mealy-mouthed​

adj
hesitant or afraid to speak plainly; not outspoken
[C16: from mealy (in the sense: soft, soft-spoken)]
ˌmealy-ˈmouthedness n

Definition:

adjective
avoiding the use of direct and plain language, as from timidity, excessive delicacy, or hypocrisy; inclined to mince words; insincere, devious, or compromising

Example: Our local government is filled with mealy-mouthed politicians and self-serving bureaucrats.

Used in a sentence, Jon Cooper is a world class mealie-mouth

Your analysis is spot on about him. His post game pressers were appalling.
Huh...

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I have a feeling Cooper is great in the locker room. I imagine him whining at everything to the media is his way of getting the conversation off of his players. It's much the same as Torts tantrums. He does a lot of that to deflect criticism off of the players by making himself the story.
I believe you are right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad