GDT: R4G6 - Avs @ Lightning - For Great Victory - 6PM

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Jon Cooper in his press conference this morning: ''I'm confident for tonight's game, this series is not over.''
I've been trying to avoid spouting any negativity considering THE AVS JUST WON THE f***ING STANLEY CUP, but man did I lose respect for that entire group over there in Tampa. They get two cake Covid Cup Finals then do nothing but whine, bitch and complain when faced with a real opponent. Just a bunch of sore losers.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Waiting to hear how bad some of the injuries our guys were playing through were. I know Toews had to be hurt because his play took a nosedive during the course of the run. And we all saw all that tape wrapped around Cale's hand. Mindboggling that he got 29 points playing with a bad hand.
Nuke can't walk. Hopefully it is just a joint issue and not a fracture in the ankle. What a warrior to play the game six throughout. He must've been on some serious medication to do that and not be a liability.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
An entire second line that played awesome at both ends of the ice and were all UFA. They still gutted it out and played injured and risking future contracts.

Kadri and Bura have taken a lot of flack but gutsy play by them both. Mean while some UFA rentals didn't even want to come here because they might not get prime PP time. Good riddance.

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
is there another manager so in love with his own voice, his own self importance like cooper... damn, stfu... dude jus talks and talks
26888055-CC36-4A37-9997-FA90475125C3.jpeg

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I've been trying to avoid spouting any negativity considering THE AVS JUST WON THE f***ING STANLEY CUP, but man did I lose respect for that entire group over there in Tampa. They get two cake Covid Cup Finals then do nothing but whine, bitch and complain when faced with a real opponent. Just a bunch of sore losers.

Yep, it's one thing to contest a controversial goal or call here or there, but it got to the point where every goal, every call (or imagined non call) was whined about incessantly.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Has their been any light shed on why the officials allowed Cooper so much time to review/talk to the officials after goals in this series?

I still find that one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in hockey.
And how quickly they dropped the puck after Tampa scored..It was noticeable....

I'll add the sudden Vasi induced unofficial timeout for equipment repair when his toe strap broke. And then the headband substitution deliberately taken to slow the game down and change the Avs momentum.

The Avs scored right after that and Tampa complained that Vasi's equipment repair was rushed....

On the game winning goal, it was obvious that Bellmare had clamped down on Manson's stick, tightening/closing his upper arm on it...... But Tampa wanted that called. At best it would have been matching minors.

And the Paul "delayed penalty stop play" complaint was at best a momentary fractal arbitrary bounce of the puck that MAY have touched Paul's outreached stick blade. (Not even sure it made contact... Even if it did, that does not constitute POSSESSION.)

They pissed and moaned about every little thing. Even bitching at each other as time elapsed (Kucherov...)

They lost their composure. And lost the Stanley Cup as a result. I'm satisfied.

End of rant. LOL

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
And how quickly they dropped the puck after Tampa scored..It was noticeable....

I'll add the sudden Vasi induced unofficial timeout for equipment repair when his toe strap broke. And then the headband substitution deliberately taken to slow the game down and change the Avs momentum.

The Avs scored right after that and Tampa complained that Vasi's equipment repair was rushed....

On the game winning goal, it was obvious that Bellmare had clamped down on Manson's stick, tightening/closing his upper arm on it...... But Tampa wanted that called. At best it would have been matching minors.

And the Paul "delayed penalty stop play" complaint was at best a momentary fractal arbitrary bounce of the puck that MAY have touched Paul's outreached stick blade. (Not even sure it made contact... Even if it did, that does not constitute POSSESSION.)

They pissed and moaned about every little thing. Even bitching at each other as time elapsed (Kucherov...)

They lost their composure. And lost the Stanley Cup as a result. I'm satisfied.

End of rant. LOL

its even sweater watching the "Quest for the Cup" documentary with Cooper constantly saying how "the other team is bending to their will" or "how they are breaking down and the Rangers wanted an excuse to lose, give them one!!"

Blah blah blah Cooper, you turned your time into a bunch of whiners.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
its even sweater watching the "Quest for the Cup" documentary with Cooper constantly saying how "the other team is bending to their will" or "how they are breaking down and the Rangers wanted an excuse to lose, give them one!!"

Blah blah blah Cooper, you turned your time into a bunch of whiners.

I like how the documentary completely skipped the avs/oilers series. That made me chuckle.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

I'm not sure if you have ESPN+ but he was really gracious to Bednar after the game (it helps that Bednar was so complimentary and humble too). Some of their content had their discussion from the handshake line. I'm not sure that helps with your perception of him but it was different than how he was in press conferences.

Reactions: MartinSkoulYa

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
Nah, love the guy, love that he wanted to be here and to win here in spite of all the bad years he endured.... But ultimately he was never really a big time player for us. I'm not even sure 92 or 96 goes in the rafters ultimately. 8 is a lock at this point and 29 probably, but that's it.
92 is a lock along with Makar and Mac.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Nah, love the guy, love that he wanted to be here and to win here in spite of all the bad years he endured.... But ultimately he was never really a big time player for us. I'm not even sure 92 or 96 goes in the rafters ultimately. 8 is a lock at this point and 29 probably, but that's it.
23 and 52 are in the rafters and you’re not sure about 92? Even some uncertainty for 29! Seriously? 8, 29 and 92 are locks. 96 too if he re-ups once his current contract ends.

6 is somewhat unlikely but not impossible if the powers that be want to reward his loyalty and the intangibles that he brings. The standards are really not that high so I don’t think anyone would really complain if it was retired.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I love Makar as much as the next guy. He is the epitome of what an elite athlete should be in my eyes. But, this is his third season - to say he is a lock for his number to be retired seems a tad premature. Anything could happen. I'd say at this point EJ has a better shot. Makar is on track for it though, for sure.

Reactions: MartinSkoulYa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad