GDT: R3G4: COL @ EDM: Sent Em' Packing! (COL Sweeps 4-0)

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
Hell yeah everyone. Didn't get to post yesterday after I had an absolute whale of a day on the workfront but man it feels nice to have made the final two. I really hope the guys aren't letting it get to their heads though. Have to take this time to rest and refocus up for the big dance. With the Bolts having woken up and their series tied 2-2, I think that means that we might get a bit more rest no? Nevertheless, super pumped. Thinking of picking up a Makar jersey for the final.
Coach said the boys are NOT happy just yet , nice to win the Campbell thing but it's not what they came for.
I for one love that statement !
Avs are 96 games deep into this season , what's another 4 right ?

Reactions: missionAvs

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
1654699526944.png

Does anyone care to caption Mikko's thoughts in this moment?

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
"Cale Makar has just scored his 7th goal of this hockey game but... getting back to Adam Fox, did you know he can play the piano as well?"
"I did not know that"
"He's a multi-talented young man!"

Harvard educated! Nominally vulpine but also literally crafty and cunning with a visually impressive snout! Same amount of letters as Tie Domi but Adam Fox wins because Tie is just a diminutive nickname and Adam is not, and also was the name of the very first original man!

dwkdnvr

Mar 10, 2004
View attachment 557145

Does anyone care to caption Mikko's thoughts in this moment?
The photo I wish we got was this but in the full team photo with the WC trophy. The entire team obeying MacK's 'no smiling' order and are stone-cold killers gazing into your soul - EXCEPT for EJ. EJ is in the back with a sh*t-eating grin giggling like a little kid. That would be frame-worthy.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The photo I wish we got was this but in the full team photo with the WC trophy. The entire team obeying MacK's 'no smiling' order and are stone-cold killers gazing into your soul - EXCEPT for EJ. EJ is in the back with a sh*t-eating grin giggling like a little kid. That would be frame-worthy.
And NAK. You can see NAK in the front row having the time of his life being not in a trash organization. It's like watching someone realize they're finally out of a cult.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I thought I had this clear in my head, but perhaps not? Are there not actually 2 slightly different high stick rules?

1) A player who uses his stick to deflect or otherwise touch the puck when it is above his 'normal shoulder height.'
2) A player who used his stick to direct the puck into the net if the stick is above the slightly less arbitrary height of the goal.

In this scenario, the fact that Lekh was shooting would be immaterial. The rule dictates that a goal will be reversed if the puck was above the crossbar. The puck never constituted a goal, so the action would be the same as if it happened at the blue line - fine, because the puck did not violate #1 above. Why is this incorrect?
You are correct. Lehkonen didn't violate rule #1. Rule #2 wasn't a factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad