GDT: R3G3 - Avalanche @ Oilers - Keep the Pressure On - 6PM

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If Kadri truly is done, and doesn't re-sign, I sure am going to miss him. He's such an old-school hockey player. Guaranteed to be the most hated guy by the other team in every playoff series, and causes the other team to lose their cool consistently. Meanwhile, he plays his absolute best when he's getting booed and chirped. He's the cause of his own motivating factor, and it's wonderful to see. He absolutely thrives in the playoff hockey environment. It's just a shame he didn't get to experience more of it in his career. Some of that is on him for the suspensions, but mostly it's because he played for the Leafs when they sucked.

He looks like a serial killer

Looks like?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
My boy is growing up. Proud.
1654436546055.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Personally, I would move Rantanen to 2C and keep Compher as 3C.

Mikko is a top player on this team and I would challenge him to rise to the occasion.

Landeskog - MacK - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Rantanen - NAK
Newhook - Compher - LOC
Sturm - Helm - Cogliano
Game #4 is THE perfect game to at least try it, imo. If it works well then you might be on to something going forward. If not then it will be JTC and hope for the best.
I’m so pissed about the Kane/Kadri play. We’ll probably still beat the Oilers though the xGF wasn’t good for us last night, but we’re not going to win the cup down Kadri, Girard, Kuemper, Burakovsky, and NAK unless the Eastern conference team ends up coming through with a lot of injuries
I'm disappointed with the result but I'm not pissed or surprised. Let's be real here, Kadri has made those same types of "mistakes" in the past that kane did and was suspended for it - including having the book completely thrown at him for 8 playoff games last year. So as long as it's the same for that pos kane and he's also suspended then it sucks to lose Kadri but it also sucked for the bLose last year when they lost Faulk.

I will say one thing, IF that pos is NOT suspended then Bednar MUST put in MacDermid to teach that sack of shit a lesson. Oh and I'm not taking about challenging him to a fight - I'm talking about grabbing him and just start caving his head in because it's not going to stop otherwise.

They'll take those kinds of penalties all day long if it means taking out another major piece BECAUSE (and this is important LOilers fans) they know they can't win any other way.

I read some loser LOiLers fans suggest that Landeskogs post-game comments were because he wants a suspension because he's afraid to answer the bell against kane...lol

Yeah, we want our captain playing hockey you f***ing turds. I really hope you sign e.kane long term based on a small-sample size where he kept his stupidity in check for 6 months. I'm sure it's going to end well for you.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Newhook has not played well in this series. He looks very scared and very lost out there. That said, we're running low on options with Kadri and Burakovsky hurt. One of Newhook/NAK will be playing top-6 minutes.

Avs are one injury away from Newhook being in the Top 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We know it’s going to be JTC centering that 2nd line (rightfully so with how he’s been playing) but i wonder if it might help Newhook to be on a line with Lehk and Rants to get him going a bit. Lehk is a beast defensively and Rants can be used for faceoffs.
This is what I would do, too. At least for game 4 to start. The Oilers 100% are going to load up McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line for game 4 and if Kane is out it'll be Hyman up there with them, so you're going to be playing against a line likely consisting of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jesse Puljujarvi, and Warren Foegele or Zack Kassian.

Give Newhook that chance and see if he runs with it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Newhook made two fantastic defensive plays against McDavid on one shift. That's what I remember most about his game last night.

He's having to make a lot of plays along the boards in the offensive zone. Sometimes it works with his skating but other times it doesn't because he gets muscled off easily. He's at his best when he's moving and can get in space but there's no one to actually get him the puck. He was also in on that odd man rush yesterday (I forget with who) but the puck was put too far out of reach when it looked like he might have a good scoring chance.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Great game. Only reason it was even remotely close was because:

- Smith made some unreal saves;
- Avs PP didn't convert;
- Avs down their 2C for the whole game;

Also thought it was funny how TNT limited the Avs to 40 shots even though it was obvious they had more than that. On a couple of occasions they even took a shot away from the shot counter, moving the Avs from 40 to 39 and from 41 to 40. Avs were on 40 before the blocker save by Nichuskin, then the JTC goal, and finally the ENG, and yet still only showed 41 shots. Seemed like they were saving the Oilers from embarrassment as the shot count was more lopsided than TNT were showing.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
This is what I would do, too. At least for game 4 to start. The Oilers 100% are going to load up McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line for game 4 and if Kane is out it'll be Hyman up there with them, so you're going to be playing against a line likely consisting of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jesse Puljujarvi, and Warren Foegele or Zack Kassian.

Give Newhook that chance and see if he runs with it.

Drai can barely skate, he's also spending almost zero energy trying to get back defensively. Punish him when he has the puck and go the other way, he won't catch up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad