GDT: R3G3 - Avalanche @ Oilers - Keep the Pressure On - 6PM

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
We know it’s going to be JTC centering that 2nd line (rightfully so with how he’s been playing) but i wonder if it might help Newhook to be on a line with Lehk and Rants to get him going a bit. Lehk is a beast defensively and Rants can be used for faceoffs.
Put Newhook with better players, guys who can see the play and pass the puck well. Guys who are physical and able to create space for the smaller Newhook (hit the gym this Summer, kid, and bring Bo with you).

Some combo of Nuke, Rants, Landy, and so forth. In other words, give him a chance to thrive in the top 6.

And if nobody gets out the ER soon enough I'd love to see Maltsev draw into the line-up.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Oilers are dog shit

Can’t afford to pay Kane what he will get next year.

Nurse looks like poo and hasn’t even started his legacy contract yet at 9.25 per.

Keith and smith are both signed to next year and another year older.

Kassian is still signed for over 3M

They are still paying Lucic and James Neal next year to not play for them.

This was their all in year. Unless McDavid can weld a bunch of Art Ross trophies together in the shape of the Stanley cup he will never get one.
They have 70M in salary for next season and they need a starting goalie, bottom pairing depth defender, and four forwards.

Two of those forwards would ideally be second liners. Yamamoto and Kane or replacements.

That leaves them as good as they are this year.

And with Nurse and Draisaitl healthy they could easily be better.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
They have 70M in salary for next season and they need a starting goalie, bottom pairing depth defender, and four forwards.

Two of those forwards would ideally be second liners. Yamamoto and Kane or replacements.

That leaves them as good as they are this year.

And with Nurse and Draisaitl healthy they could easily be better.
Well Draisaitl.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
We haven’t really had a reason to get this emotionally invested in the team for 20 years so here I was thinking I’ve gotten a lot more mature only to realize I’ll still jump and down like a kid without even realizing it at a big moment
I fell to my knees at the compher goal and then lay on the floor like a toddler having a tantrum, but without the tantrum. I'm nearly in my 40s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad