GDT: R3G3 - Avalanche @ Oilers - Keep the Pressure On - 6PM

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
You know, I didn't realize it at the time, but the JTC game winner came right after he got out of the box after the worst penalty call I've seen in an Avs game this playoffs. He definitely doesn't get that kind of chance if it were 5v5 there. This feels like the hockey gods gifting us some magical stardust as a counterbalance to that horrible Draisaitl dive and game management call.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Oilers are dog shit

Can’t afford to pay Kane what he will get next year.

Nurse looks like poo and hasn’t even started his legacy contract yet at 9.25 per.

Keith and smith are both signed to next year and another year older.

Kassian is still signed for over 3M

They are still paying Lucic and James Neal next year to not play for them.

This was their all in year. Unless McDavid can weld a bunch of Art Ross trophies together in the shape of the Stanley cup he will never get one.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I thought Jack Johnson played a fine game tonight. The less I notice him, always the better.
I just finished my rewatch of the game and came to say the same thing. Only 8 minutes and change of ice time but absolutely solid - stayed in good position, was strong on his skates and made good decisions. He's a weak link but deserves credit for his play this game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You know, I didn't realize it at the time, but the JTC game winner came right after he got out of the box after the worst penalty call I've seen in an Avs game this playoffs. He definitely doesn't get that kind of chance if it were 5v5 there. This feels like the hockey gods gifting us some magical stardust as a counterbalance to that horrible Draisaitl dive and game management call.
The trip on Leon? That was a trip. Leon might have flailed a little but its a trip. Didnt have issue with that or really any calls tonight except maybe Kane. I thought he should have been booted for that.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Oh god they thought that was a slew foot? Mackinnons foot doesnt go near Leons. Thats from the hip you see that same play happen in the corners all the time. The f*** is this? You want to see a slewfoot go look at PK Subban doin them and compare that to Nate. My god this constant bitching about the officials after every single f***in game. be done with this shit on Monday already I dont wanna hear anymore of this bitching and crying.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sorry if someone brought this up already but did they change the rules or I have a misunderstanding of them? I thought a player was automatically kicked from the game if they got a 5 min major like that?
Apparently if it's 5 for boarding, the auto kick out is not applicable for some reason. Makes no sense at all. Whoever thought that was a good idea should probably be fired.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
The trip on Leon? That was a trip. Leon might have flailed a little but its a trip. Didnt have issue with that or really any calls tonight except maybe Kane. I thought he should have been booted for that.
Maybe we didn't get the correct angle on the US broadcast, but Compher does not seem to make any contact with his skates or legs. He just takes the puck from him and Draisaitl randomly falls down

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
My god this constant bitching about the officials after every single f***in game. be done with this shit on Monday already I dont wanna hear anymore of this bitching and crying.
We're down three forwards and one goalie so far this series. Finishing it off on Monday would be great just from the fact that fewer games means fewer potential injuries

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I’m so pissed about the Kane/Kadri play. We’ll probably still beat the Oilers though the xGF wasn’t good for us last night, but we’re not going to win the cup down Kadri, Girard, Kuemper, Burakovsky, and NAK unless the Eastern conference team ends up coming through with a lot of injuries

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I know Lehkonen gets a lot of praise but I just want to say another aspect that I was impressed with last night is his composure when under duress. Edmonton was trying to hem the Avs in their own zone. In this circumstance the Avs have several guys who just try to clear the puck by throwing it along the boards or by launching it down ice. Several times last night I noticed how instead, Lehkonen will simply hold on to the puck, if he has time, but then he also simply looks for and passes to an open teammate and not give back possession. He calmed the storm of Edmonton’s pressure several times by showing this composure.

There are so many layers and subtleties to this guys game.

The Avs were winning a lot before acquiring him but now it’s hard to imagine the Avs current success without him - he’s been that good.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
I feel so bad for Kadri, what a year and playoffs he’s had and for a garbage play by a garbage player it looks like he will miss the rest. Complete shame that could be the last thing remembered on what could be the guys best career year and his last as an av. Hate to say it but everything Evander Kane touch’s goes to shit, there’s just no need for that play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00