GDT: R2G4: Avs @ Blues 9:30pm ET (7:30pm MT) **COL Now Leads 3-1 **

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
This “gentlemanly Jared” routine is EXACTLY what this team needs. Bitching and screaming at the refs completely details players focus. It opens up opportunities and gives players reasons and excuses for not winning or executing.
This game was a pitch-perfect example of why a coach should remain calm. The players kept focussing on the game entirely and not what the blues players were doing or trying to do or what the refs were doing. “Gentlemanly Jared” is more than welcome to send video evidence to the league after the game for clarification on wtf is going on and why certain calls aren’t being made.

But in a game, on the road, in which you have the lead, you keep your players focussed on what they control instead of deflecting their attention to the refs.

How someone could look at this game, and it’s outcome, swing the players laser focused on the game and not allowing anything to break their focus on the game itself despite many reasons to, and think that Jared needs to be standing up screaming at the refs oilfield been a good idea, I’ll never understand.
Tell that to DeBoer last playoffs. I think I remember the refs swallowing their whistles the rest of the series...no matter what the Knights did to Avs players.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somebody on the bench side of the rink or maybe the Avs end, must have some epic photos of Kadri's celly on his first two goals, because there were a bunch of St Louis fans that ran down to the glass to flip him off.

You couldn't see it in most of the replays but I saw one from the Avs end on the second goal, that showed some real meatheads running down to bang hard on the glass and about 30 people flipping him the bird.

There's got to be photos out there of Kadri's smug face amidst a sea of middle fingers. Hope those turn up at some point.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Tell that to DeBoer last playoffs. I think I remember the refs swallowing their whistles the rest of the series...no matter what the Knights did to Avs players.
I know quite a few people around here believe that DeBoer changed the course of that series but I'm not so sure. I feel like it's a correlation/causation thing. The Avs curb stomped the knights in game 1 and got a lot of PP chances, I know DeBoer whined but I think the course correction on penalties was coming anyway because of how dominant the Avs were. Game management became series management. And I don't really believe any referee would actively call fewer penalties because they got screamed at by a coach. They get screamed at by coaches every game.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
With all the attention being paid to the big game by Kadri (and rightfully so), the play of Byram should not be overlooked. He has such beautiful passes that dissect the defense and set up guys for easy chances. He looked comfortable enough out there but he also had a few moments of pure brilliance when stepping into a much more expanded role.

I know no one questioned his talent. But still, it's one thing to carve up a defense with his passes in February and it's another to do it under this circumstance.

I know they have to be careful with him but with all the minutes Cale is logging, maybe it's a more viable option to give Byram/Manson more minutes?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
With all the attention being paid to the big game by Kadri (and rightfully so), the play of Byram should not be overlooked. He has such beautiful passes that dissect the defense and set up guys for easy chances. He looked comfortable enough out there but he also had a few moments of pure brilliance when stepping into a much more expanded role.

I know no one questioned his talent. But still, it's one thing to carve up a defense with his passes in February and it's another to do it under this circumstance.

I know they have to be careful with him but with all the minutes Cale is logging, maybe it's a more viable option to give Byram/Manson more minutes?

Byram has been great offensively but no so great defensively. I think you have to lean on Cale/Toews unless that changes

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

yes yes yes

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know quite a few people around here believe that DeBoer changed the course of that series but I'm not so sure. I feel like it's a correlation/causation thing. The Avs curb stomped the knights in game 1 and got a lot of PP chances, I know DeBoer whined but I think the course correction on penalties was coming anyway because of how dominant the Avs were. Game management became series management. And I don't really believe any referee would actively call fewer penalties because they got screamed at by a coach. They get screamed at by coaches every game.

Yeah, people overrate that moment. Part of the reason the Avs stopped drawing so many penalties is because they stopped skating midway through game two for some reason. I do think DeBoer's whining did have an effect on the officiating, but the Avs lost that series because the Avs quit playing, and their goaltending imploded.

Just get it done, boys. Put these jokers and their idiotic coach away once and for all.

Would really like to see a better effort from MacKinnon. He's had a bad series thus far and was absolutely horrific last game. Ghastly. He needs to quit slumping his shoulders because O'Reilly is stymying him effectively, and get out there and f***ing PLAY. If the offense isn't coming then he should at least be crashing and banging and being the biggest pest he can be to try and disrupt the Blues in the neutral zone.

Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Byram has been great offensively but no so great defensively. I think you have to lean on Cale/Toews unless that changes

He's been very good defensively too. Made some really great defensive plays and done a great job just containing the opposition. But he's also had a few rookie'esque moments. One of them last game though was just the puck bouncing over his stick. It's definitely way more good moments defensively. Like a 90-10 ratio in favor of good moments IMO.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He's been very good defensively too. Made some really great defensive plays and done a great job just containing the opposition. But he's also had a few rookie'esque moments. One of them last game though was just the puck bouncing over his stick. It's definitely way more good moments defensively. Like a 90-10 ratio in favor of good moments IMO.
Yah some ups and downs but overall he was fine and helped produce offense. Did he not get an assist on the EJ goal aswell? I cant recall if they gave him one. I wanna say he poked the puck over to Newhook...who missed but got it back to EJ who scored.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yah some ups and downs but overall he was fine and helped produce offense. Did he not get an assist on the EJ goal aswell? I cant recall if they gave him one. I wanna say he poked the puck over to Newhook...who missed but got it back to EJ who scored.

Yeah he had an assist on EJ's goal. Had a nice shot just above the circles that caused a juicy rebound. Then a nice little short pass to Newhook down low for a good chance he almost scored on. Then EJ got the puck and scored.

Also had a really clever play rotating with Cale that led to his second assist. Cale was near the circles and went up high and the moment he passed to Naz and all the Blues turned their head, Bo snuck down to the circle and Naz hit him with a pass that he one timed across his body and almost scored a beauty goal. Then very skilled grabbed the rebound on his backhand through traffic, then made the sweet pass to Naz for his goal.

I feel like him and Naz might have some developing chemistry. As you would expect from those two swag heavy personalities. :laugh:

Reactions: The Kingslayer

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Byram has yet to play a full season's worth of NHL games, the way he played last game is a testament to his skill and hockey intelligence. And he will only get much, much better as we progress towards 16 victories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad