GDT: R2G4: Avs @ Blues 9:30pm ET (7:30pm MT) **COL Now Leads 3-1 **

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Oh I get all that and I agree with you. I think that some fans perception is that if Bednar behaved like 'most' of the other whiny coaches in the playoffs, that the Avs would get their share of PPs too.

I just wish NHL officiating - across the board - was better to the point where you barely notice them - now THAT would be an accomplishment. I can deal with a few bad calls or non-calls on each side but if one team is dominating and the other is getting smoked and taking penalties - then call that shit. Don't do the opposite and give them a huge advantage by letting them get away with those things AND start calling the other side for infractions. That's just f***ing horseshit.
We are in 100% agreement here.

The refs way of calling games has been decided. It’s sad. And it’s seriously the only major sport that’s reffed this way.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
We are in 100% agreement here.

The refs way of calling games has been decided. It’s sad. And it’s seriously the only major sport that’s reffed this way.
It's Bettmans way of making the difference between two teams closer than it actually is on any given night. He's convinced fans care at all about parity.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Wait really? The button hook is a great play. If Nate doesn't see a high percentage play he doesn't try to force something stupid. If they give him the blue like but not the net, he smartly takes the zone and then waits for backup. This creates sustained pressure and makes everyone else on the team better.
I understand once in awhile, but he's not Nate right now and we all know it. Saying 9296/8 are off seems to be an understatement. It makes me frustrated, but equally bummed because they're such talented and nice (based on limited knowledge) dudes that you can see struggling. I don't think Cale can believe it.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
He's not even playing "meh"....that would be a HUGE upgrade over how he's currently playing. Guy has been downright awful the entire playoffs. Yeah, he's getting points, but his only goal was an ENG with like 2sec left yesterday. He's way too good to not be an ACTIVE offensive threat
He's been saving up all his energy since about January for a potential Round 3 and a potential Round 4. Moose hibernate, right?

But seriously though, I thought it was a great move to put him next to Kadri. You know that Kadri would have mad energy from feeding off of the boos and playing the villain role, and for his linemates, that energy and willingness to battle has to be at least somewhat contagious.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
The categories that I understand - goals, assists, and shots - aren't so great. Three assists and a combined 17 shots, but 8 were in Game 1.

This should only excite Avs fans, they're up 3-1 in the 2nd round coming home with a chance to close the Blues out...all with the normal superstars not carrying the load.

Too much talent for this slump to last long, but this is the reason you trade for guys Kadri or Lehkonen as you are building your team. The past several years there's no way the Avs are where they are in this series if the top line was held in check the way they have been. The Blues were supposed to have more depth, their depth has gotten owned.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This should only excite Avs fans, they're up 3-1 in the 2nd round coming home with a chance to close the Blues out...all with the normal superstars not carrying the load.

Too much talent for this slump to last long, but this is the reason you trade for guys Kadri or Lehkonen as you are building your team. The past several years there's no way the Avs are where they are in this series if the top line was held in check the way they have been. The Blues were supposed to have more depth, their depth has gotten owned.

Makar, Mackinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog haven't done much. It's more Manson, Girard (RIP), Byram, Kadri, Lehkonen, Nichushkin. It's a good thing, as long as no one is seriously injured.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Wait really? The button hook is a great play. If Nate doesn't see a high percentage play he doesn't try to force something stupid. If they give him the blue like but not the net, he smartly takes the zone and then waits for backup. This creates sustained pressure and makes everyone else on the team better.
There are other ways to delay. Like, going wide and around the net. The problem is not the button hook, it's the use of that play over and over and over.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Our PK would get completely annihilated by Mcdavid or Kucherov if it stays the way it is right now
This is what concerns me most if (when) we get to the next rounds. Our pk better get our shit together or else that’s what’s gonna cost us a Cup.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
stumbled across this gem

1653435806988.gif

He’s just a “heat of the moment” kinda guy!

No. No he’s a fking scumbag 28yo grown man who acts like a petulant 12yo who has no self control and starts fights with everyone possible.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So looks like the mods over on Blues board are having an extra hard time reconciling with that L they took last night. Liked a few posts in their GDT and now my ability to like posts has been removed without warning. Just a heads up to the rest of ya that may be enjoying the cope over there. Guess I'm in the same boat as you now, @Sea Eagles :cheers:

How DARE you like posts ! Hehehehe. Never fear mate, you are here with the best fans on the planet, following the best team on the planet. Other teams 2-3 page GDT's aren't too exciting to me.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
They are all equally terrible. The fact that Don Koharski is the "rules expert" is completely pathetic, he was worse than McGeough, he was Kerry Frazer level atrocious.
I feel like every time they cut to his audio to get his take and he doesn't talk right away he's having a senior nap.

I was not happy that TNT (that I saw anyway) didn't mention the Kadri death threats and racism in the pre-show. It was definitely worth mentioning, especially with Anson Carter on the studio team, who I am sure has dealt with plenty and maybe probably hates Berube a bit for that "monkey" business back in the day.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
How DARE you like posts ! Hehehehe. Never fear mate, you are here with the best fans on the planet, following the best team on the planet. Other teams 2-3 page GDT's aren't too exciting to me.
Haha too true. Luckily for me I shot an email through the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page and was able to appeal my suspension. Maybe you could give that a shot yourself. :thumbu:

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad