GDT: R1G2: SEA @ COL: (Series Tied 1-1) 9:30p ET

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What if the Avs won the lottery in 2019 like they should have and got Hughes?

We all know what happened with Makar in 2017, bullet or nuke dodged there

Never going to happen but if a team ends up with the best odds for #1 and the pick wasn't theirs to begin with they should be lottery exempt. They didn't tank for that pick to be good.

I wonder how many times that has actually happened.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

1682095920638.gif

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Seattle gets last change now. Which means they will game plan entirely around shutting down MacKinnon and knowing the next threat coming down the middle of the ice is JT2C (lulz). Knowing Bednar, he'll keep Rantanen with MacKinnon. Which means Seattle really only has to shut down one line and let their much better depth beat out the Avs depth.

We saw it in the Nashville series, the SJ series, and the Vegas series. Seattle will clog up the neutral zone to prevent MacKinnon from getting any speed up the ice, forcing the dump and chase (which the Avs suck balls at). The Avs will need great performances from the defense and George if they want to win on the road this year. And they really need to stop handing Seattle free goals. Over half the goals Seattle has scored so far in the series were gifted to them.
They played 41 games on the road this year and did pretty well. There's nothing new here.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Man I wanna give some credit to Girard. He’s been probably the most steady defender this series, hasn’t shied away from physical contact even after taking a huge hit (but ultimately made the play) and in fact played fairly physical throughout. He’s never going to be perfect in front of the net, but if he’s willing to play calm smart hockey he’s going to make a big difference this year.

Hell Toews played better after getting paired with Girard and to me moving forward we should keep the pairings of

Bo-Makar
Toews-Girard

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Well, it took 4 periods but the Avs have finally arrived in the playoffs. Good lord that first was bad. Absolutely awful top to bottom. So lacklustre and just let the kraken come at us in waves. Absolutely zero urgency. No poise. No possession. Probably our worst period of hockey this year.

Then the second and third happened. That's Avs playoff hockey. Relentless, speed, pressure. Val looked like Val again. Lehky was everywhere dropping hits, fighting in corners for pucks. Makar and Bo came to life. George was f***ing amazing. That's the hockey we need to play. The broadcast panel said that in the first the Avs were being out Colorado'd by Seattle and it was true. We let them play our brand of hockey. Then in the second we said f*** these sea bitches and turned on the gas. Three unanswered goals from the moment we actually decided to play. George saved our ass a couple of times but you need a big time performer to do that shit sometimes. God I hope we see this brand of hockey again in the next two games in Seattle. Come out of there with a 3-1 lead and finish them off at home.

Go Avs.
This is my main takeaway from this post. Well said. I will use this line.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Man I wanna give some credit to Girard. He’s been probably the most steady defender this series, hasn’t shied away from physical contact even after taking a huge hit (but ultimately made the play) and in fact played fairly physical throughout. He’s never going to be perfect in front of the net, but if he’s willing to play calm smart hockey he’s going to make a big difference this year.

Hell Toews played better after getting paired with Girard and to me moving forward we should keep the pairings of

Bo-Makar
Toews-Girard

G/Toews has always been good. There’s a lot of chemistry there.

And some of those Byram/Makar shifts were absolutely dominating last night. They may have found something with these pairings.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
I absolutely loved Girard this game. Attitude was all-in and fearless. Feels like he's finally shook off some confidence problems in regard to playing the physical game.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Actually, there is a big difference between being negative versus calling out. If your play sucks, you get called out. Negative is no matter what goes right, one's response is I hate this ****ing team. :laugh:
Glad you see it that way because alot of people here dont lol Calling out shit plays isnt negative its fact. When Toews got called out for his pizza in game 1 it wasnt negative it was fact. It was horrible. Last night Comphers dumb ass throwing that make a wish pass leading to a 3 on 1 the other way late in a period the Avs took over that was stupid and worthy of being called out.

I absolutely loved Girard this game. Attitude was all-in and fearless. Feels like he's finally shook off some confidence problems in regard to playing the physical game.
He was ok. I hated him on the PK and always will. He served up a nice pie to the Kraken who nearly scored. EJ saved him there.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm positive he had Mikko taking shifts with JTC at times and had Byram-Makar and Toews-Girard were a thing as well. I thought he had them all somewhat shuffled but I could be wrong. Good excuse to go back and rewatch the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I'm positive he had Mikko taking shifts with JTC at times and had Byram-Makar and Toews-Girard were a thing as well. I thought he had them all somewhat shuffled but I could be wrong. Good excuse to go back and rewatch the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight.
Yes, Mikko did play with both MacK and JTC. Not that it mattered because the Moose is still sleeping. After Eller got slew footed (no call) the bottom lines were reshuffled, but hard t say how because Bednar was leaning on his Top 6 to win the game.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Seattle sucks at home, their fans have complained about this. They get away from good road hockey that they are suited for it appears. On paper it feels like a tougher environment but i could see the Avs bring their road game and win both up there.
It’s not as bad as they say though. It’s a bit of recency bias.

The Seattle Kraken finished the regular season with a 46-28-8 record. They went 20-17-4 at home and 26-11-4 on the road. Including the playoffs, the Seattle Kraken went 47-29-8.

Last year we were dog shit for the last 10-12 games of the season as we rested players but when the playoffs started we flipped a switch game 1.

That was not the case this year. As another poster pointed out it looked more like we were playing pre-season games for at least the first 4 periods of G1 & G2

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad