World Cup: R16: Belgium vs. Japan, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Japan was clearly manipulating the result of the match against Poland and should be penalized in one form or another. They lost, but their interest was on advancing to the Round of 16, knowing that Senegal is behind them. And adding a stupid speculation that Poland had no incentive to win is, I repeat, pretty stupid. :)

What? Are you drunk?

Poland won you know. But they hardly cared if they won 1-0 or 2-0 - hence why they let Japan just keep the ball in their own half.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
What? Are you drunk?

Poland won you know. But they hardly cared if they won 1-0 or 2-0 - hence why they let Japan just keep the ball in their own half.

Still doesn't deny the fact Japan manipulated the game results. What you're saying implies that Poland was involved? To support something like that tells me you're the one who's drunk. Did your Japanese friend promise cans of Asahi?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I give up. Slow day at work so I have respectfully tried to understand what you are on about, but I don't think it is possible to understand. Maybe someone else could help me....

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I give up. Slow day at work so I have respectfully tried to understand what you are on about, but I don't think it is possible to understand. Maybe someone else could help me....

It's probably because you're saying something so ridiculous that you don't know what's coming into your brain. Just saying. ;)
Besides, what you're saying is meaningless because Japan lost to Belgium, even though they somehow had a 2-0 lead. Oh, pity! :)

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
The last goal was impressive. Totally "screwed" Japan there.

They deserved better tbh. Even had a couple chances to make it 3-0. That Honda FK was straight out of an anime. imagine if it went in. Belgium to me are gonna get expose on defence by Brazil to much space open on their side of the pitch.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
They deserved better tbh. Even had a couple chances to make it 3-0. That Honda FK was straight out of an anime. imagine if it went in. Belgium to me are gonna get expose on defence by Brazil to much space open on their side of the pitch.

Should've been 4-0 or 5-0. Hazard hit the post, and some other guy whom I don't remember quite readily.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Still doesn't deny the fact Japan manipulated the game results. What you're saying implies that Poland was involved? To support something like that tells me you're the one who's drunk. Did your Japanese friend promise cans of Asahi?
While not attacking is a cheap way to play footy, it's not manipulation, though.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I knew this game wouldn't be as easy as everyone said it would be. Japan have a good team, they are too smart and play with too much energy for you to destroy them as a lot of people here thought.

Having said that of course it was pretty shocking to see them go up 2-0 and at that point all we could think about was the Wales game two years ago. I mean after that second goal we looked completely lost. Took a lucky Vertonghen goal to get them to believe again.

That GWG was awesome though. Thought for sure Courtois was gonna catch that, go down and run out the clock, like he usually does.

Tactically we still looky very suspect and our balance at times is horrible but hey at least it's entertaining :laugh:

I have no idea how we're gonna beat Brazil though. I can see a repeat of the Argentina game four years ago.

Reactions: Kalel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad