GDT: [R1/G7 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Colorado Avalanche - 6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 p.m. ET

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Did today, I can't believe he had three posts in addition to the goals.
Watched Bjorkstrand in just about every Blue Jackets game he played. The second goal snipe was a picture we saw often for the CBJ. Because he picks corners, we also saw him hit the post with an almost uncanny - and unlucky - frequency, certainly more than any player I’ve seen. He’s a streaky goal score so here’s hoping this is the start of that streak.

Last edited:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Old school Seattle residents like myself will get the significance behind this.

Don't have to be a Seattle resident to remember Mutombo on the floor holding up that ball....
giphy.gif

I didn't get to watch any post-game interviews. Any word on them playing ? (at least McCann)

McCann was clearly concussed and should get all the time needed before he comes back.
Given that it's only been a week or so I doubt he'll be available soon or at all during the playoffs.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Watched Bjorkstrand in just about every Blue Jackets game he played. The second goal snipe was a picture we saw often for the CBJ. Because he picks corners, we also saw him hit the post with an almost uncanny - unlikely - frequency, certainly more than any player I’ve seen. He’s a streaky goal score so here’s hoping this is the start of that streak.

I hope so too! I saw a lot of him in Portland years ago but mostly remember all the goals. Top ten goal-scorer in Winterhawks history, I was super happy to have him back in the region via trade.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I hope so too! I saw a lot of him in Portland years ago but mostly remember all the goals. Top ten goal-scorer in Winterhawks history, I was super happy to have him back in the region via trade.

Yeah. He's being clutch like he is. Dude is my all-time favorite Winterhawk. He's got the easy road to being my all-time favorite Kraken.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I have been to 3 games at Climate Pledge Arena, the atmosphere and overall game experience are electric. The only issue I had is that I am old and the musical bands that play before the game were not my cup of tea but that really doesn't matter. I live in Alaska.
In fairness, when it's Seattle, you sort of expect you aren't getting Elvis or Mariah Carey :D

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That's actually really cool. I had no idea.
It was a surprise to me to find out it goes so way back.

Oh and on the topic: congrats and good luck for R2! I'm a bit torn as I really like this Kraken team but I like Stars too... Well, may the best team win! Good enjoyable hockey coming anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00