GDT: [R1/G7 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Colorado Avalanche - 6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Here we go.

giphy.gif

After not being able to close out the series at home the Kraken are back on the road, where they have a better record than at home, to try and come up with a huge upset by eliminating the Stanley Cup Champions.

In order to do so the Kraken will have to play way better than they did on Friday and get back to the game which made them a pain in the A$$ for the Avs all series long.

Where?
Ball Arena, Denver, CO
4805989.jpg

When?
6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 pm. ET / 3:30 a.m. CET

How to watch?
TNT, ROOT-NW, ALT

------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Keep on rolling them lines

In game six the Kraken weren't really able to get it going and got outplayed by Denver.
In order to have a chance all those lines need to be rolling, causing the Avs to overplay their first line and think about ever sending out the rest of their lineup.

2) Fix the problems from game six
The Kraken didn't really have it and not only got outplayed but also outworked by the Avs.
That can't happen again so Hakstol and his staff need to make a couple of adjustments, like they've do before in this series, in order to make this an interesting game.

3) Keep things tight in the middle of the ice/ use the semi trap
The Avs are at their best if they're able to enter the zone with the puck on their stick and the Kraken had the most success during this series when denying them those entries or at least making it tough on them.
It's also a chanc to create turnovers and use our speed to our advantage, while creating offense that way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Justin Schultz: 1(G) - 4(A) ---> 5 points
Jaden Schwartz: 2(G) - 3(A) ---> 5 points
Alex Wennberg: 1(G) - 3(A) ---> 4points
Yanni Gourde: 1(G) - 3(A) ---> 4 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 25:09 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:05 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 21:18 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 3-3-0 / .919(SV%) / 2.68 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Mikko Rantanen: 6(G) - 3(A) ---> 9 points
Devon Toews: 1(G) - 6(A) ---> 7 points
Arturi Lehkonen: 3(G) - 3(A) ---> 6 points
Nathan MacKinnon: 3(G) - 3(A) --> 6 point

Work Load:
Cale Makar: 25:34 TOI/Game
Devon Toews: 23:42 TOI/Game
Nathan MacKinnon: 23:24 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Alexandar Georgiev: 3-3-0 / .913(SV%) / 2.69 GAA

------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this one goes.

The Kraken still have nothing to lose and just need to keep playing their game, knowing that the Avs will try to prevent that.
They'll also need to get out their and basically show what the arena's name states...
giphy.gif

The Avs will certainly try to replicate their effort and result from game six.
During that game they were able to finally score first and keep the Kraken from playing their game which has caused them so many problems throughout this series.

No matter what, let's hope the boys are ready to try and shock the world.
giphy.gif

Brandon certainly is.
giphy.gif

And as always....
giphy.gif

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I should be there. But I hate being that road fan in the building.

My last "road fan in the building" (Rockies/Mariners don't count) was Jay Cutler's first start - was snowing like mad and the Seahawks had the lead all game. I was waiting as long as I could because I had to drive to Superior for a beer league game.

Then the Broncos scored to send it to overtime. Now I have to leave, and people are pelting me
with snowballs as I'm leaving the stadium - they figure I'm leaving because I'm disappointed, not because I'm a goalie who has about 30 minutes to drive to Superior and get a bunch of gear on.

Got hit in the neck with a 9-volt in Autzen once, though - although I probably had that coming.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevinsane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad