R.I.P. GeneralFanager.com

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Tom dosent own General Fanager anymore. He sold it to the Nation Network, they'll likely keep it running but just with out Tom.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
As many have said, capfriendly.com is very good.

I have been using capfriendly over generalfanager for some time now.

Capfriendly is much closer to capgeek.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Just read article on Nation Network about how much money and time they've sunk into getting a site like this, only to have it shut down like a week later. Unless they are planning to keep it going, that has to sting a lot.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why doesn't the NHL run a site like this on their own? Surely they know there is demand for it among fans and teams alike.

Bettman doesn't believe so. He said after CapGeek ceased to exist that he doesn't believe the demand is there from fans for a resource like that which is clearly false

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I suspect that Tom Poraszka will likely be working closely with George McPhee as his cap numbers guy. I have to wonder now...if Matthew Wuest's life hadn't been taken by cancer at just 35, if he would have eventually landed a job with an NHL team as a cap-ologist, given how precious a commodity that is in today's NHL. (Guys like Poraszka might also be valuable to NFL teams.)

Peter Skudra

Nucks fan since '02
Nov 10, 2013
Seattle with JNelson
Remember this guy saying on a podcast that he wasn't interested in using his site to get an NHL job. Obviously full of ****. Maybe this will get people to actually use CapFriendly which is far better and actually has a Armchair GM tool rather than acting like General Fanager was the only thing that existed.

Are you actually giving the guy **** for taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity? :laugh:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Remember this guy saying on a podcast that he wasn't interested in using his site to get an NHL job. Obviously full of ****. Maybe this will get people to actually use CapFriendly which is far better and actually has a Armchair GM tool rather than acting like General Fanager was the only thing that existed.

How could that help him get a NHL job?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I used CF and GF because each site did some things better than the other.

It's a sad day to lose one of them.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Any other web devs on here wanna make the next best thing? PM me if interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad