Quinn Hughes Predictions

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
What a pleasant surprise it was for me, when I would have been satisfied with 30 points. What a raging disappointment it must have been for the dude who wanted 60 lol
I didn't think he'd be THIS good, but I knew he would be a beast. People are going to have to go easy on him next year though - sophomore slump is a real thing and players are going to play him much harder.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I didn't think he'd be THIS good, but I knew he would be a beast. People are going to have to go easy on him next year though - sophomore slump is a real thing and players are going to play him much harder.

yeah because i will be surprised if we get a 50 game season nest year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
J.D. Burke of the Athletic, claiming that the Canucks got the best two players in their entire draft class; Pettersson in 2017; and Hughes in 2018. Almost without precedent for a team that didn't have a top-three pick in either of those drafts.

It's an argument bound to create some controversy.....but by the time the careers of both guys are over, this is probably the way most people will look back on those two drafts.

But I suppose when you've had as many 'swings and misses' in the draft as the Canucks over the years, the odds are bound to even out eventually.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
J.D. Burke of the Athletic, claiming that the Canucks got the best two players in their entire draft class; Pettersson in 2017; and Hughes in 2018. Almost without precedent for a team that didn't have a top-three pick in either of those drafts.

It's an argument bound to create some controversy.....but by the time the careers of both guys are over, this is probably the way most people will look back on those two drafts.

But I suppose when you've had as many 'swings and misses' in the draft as the Canucks over the years, the odds are bound to even out eventually.

Hmm, interesting. Only other team I can think of that came close to doing this is the Islanders — they got the best player in 1996 with Zdeno Chara at #56 overall and then arguably the second best player in 1997 with Roberto Luongo at #4. Or I guess you could try to make a case for Detroit with Datsyuk/Zetterberg in 1998/'99 although I definitely wouldn't rank Zetterberg over the Sedins.

Although those examples also show why it's way too early to make this call. Three years after the '96 draft no one had any clue that Chara would be by far the best player from his draft year, same with Datsyuk.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

in back to back years the oilers got messier and coffey/kurri. coffey was the highest pick, at #6. there's an argument that bourque was better than messier but still.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm taking a guess here as no one knows but if given PP1 time right away and 15-18 minutes a night right away he could break 40 points. Now factor in we have a decent top 6 now so we should be average scoring at worst now he could break 60 points if he really does break out. That would be the absolute dream scenario but with a PP1 of Elias, Boeser, Horvat,Hughes and Myers I can see great things. I'd be very happy with 40 points from Hughes though but anything under 30 I'd be disappointed.

Damn you Covid he had a chance to get there !! Well I did believe our PP was gonna be good but had Myers on it not Miller :( I screwed that part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad