Quinn Hughes Predictions

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Was watching a few highlight reels of Quinn Hughes in his brief, five game appearance with the Canucks. And damn, it's hard not to get a little pumped.

The way this kid uses the boards and the net to pass the puck to himself and befuddle the defenders is more than a little mind-blowing. And of course his elite wheels and hockey sense are off the charts.

Still only 19 and undoubtedly will have a few rocky moments in his rookie season. But still, what are your projections for Hughes? Could he hit 50 points? And do the Canucks have a legit prospect for the Calder for a second year in a row?

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Considering he will receive lots of offensive and power play opportunities... I expect mid 30s-early 40s points for Hughes.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
It depends how many prime offensive minutes he gets, IMO. If he ends up on the PP1 unit (as opposed to Edler or Meyers) most of the time, I could see him hitting 40.

Otherwise, 30 would be a good rookie season I think

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
5 G 43 A 48 P

2 G 20 A 22 PPP
1 G 2 A 3 otp
2 G 21 A 23 ESP

He will have better rookie year than Makar and Bouchard

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
5 G 43 A 48 P

2 G 20 A 22 PPP
1 G 2 A 3 otp
2 G 21 A 23 ESP

He will have better rookie year than Makar and Bouchard
So he will be better than Dahlin?Better temper your expectations a little or your going to be very disappointed. Kid is going to be good, he’s just not Dahlin good.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
So he will be better than Dahlin?Better temper your expectations a little or your going to be very disappointed. Kid is going to be good, he’s just not Dahlin good.

Hughes will 20 in his rookie year and Dahlin was 18. If Dahlin was 20 as well in his rookie year. Sure he would be better than Hughes.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Depends on how much top unit PP time he gets. The Canucks will likely still want to work Edler and Myers in on the first unit here and there, too. (Not saying I want that, but...)

I’m going to guess 31 points - which would be great.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
If by chance Quinn and jake are on the ice at the same time things could get really interesting. We got ourselves two dzone exit monsters

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
25 points

Edler/Myers will alternate sucking on PP1. Green will go with what he knows, plus the new UFA's. Hughes will be used on PP2 only when injuries happen, and will be on the 3rd pairing. He'll see large stretches of bench during the games, especially when there is lots of special teams stuff going on. He'll barely see the ice in 3rd periods.

kallor

May 15, 2015
27 points in 60 games.

Will spend more time on PP2 than PP1 and will struggle down the stretch as most college players do.

I also expect some injuries, healthy scratches and possibly a bit of time in Utica.

He's a good prospect but very overrated by many in this fanbase.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
My Prediction:

4 goals 33 points.

• People will complain that he doesn't have a shot that can cleanly beat goalies.
  • At least 5 or 6 times during the season, he'll be cleanly out-muscled in front of the net which will lead to an opposing goal or A+ opportunity. Although it only happens a handfull of times, people will blow it way out of proportion.
  • He will be nominated for Calder and lose to a forward other than his brother
  • He will be a plus player by the end of the year
  • While he will be generally adored by the fanbase, there will be a small group of haters that pick apart his game and hate on him but neglect to compare him to Juolevi who'll be years behind Hughes

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
27 points in 60 games.

Will spend more time on PP2 than PP1 and will struggle down the stretch as most college players do.

I also expect some injuries, healthy scratches and possibly a bit of time in Utica.

He's a good prospect but very overrated by many in this fanbase.

You are predicting close 0.5 ppg. That is in the range of Most people. If he is producing those results. Don't think he is going to Utica

Stecher is not even half of the player Hughes is and Stecher put up close to 30 points in per 82 game schedule during his rookie year

Go to Utica. Lol.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Was watching a few highlight reels of Quinn Hughes in his brief, five game appearance with the Canucks. And damn, it's hard not to get a little pumped.

The way this kid uses the boards and the net to pass the puck to himself and befuddle the defenders is more than a little mind-blowing. And of course his elite wheels and hockey sense are off the charts.

Still only 19 and undoubtedly will have a few rocky moments in his rookie season. But still, what are your projections for Hughes? Could he hit 50 points? And do the Canucks have a legit prospect for the Calder for a second year in a row?

THIRD year in a row. Brock was the runner up in his rookie season as well (came second in voting, I believe), even with missing a third of the games.

I'm having a hard time keeping my projections keyed down, to be honest, especially with how spoiled we've been with our best rookie totally outperforming the expectations in the last two years, and gaining league-wide acclaim. That said, there should be about 3 or 4 rookies that outperform Hughes, his brother being one of them.

Still, being one of the top 5 rookies in the league is nothing to sniff at. We're all but assured that he's going to have a great/excellent season if he stays healthy, is in our top 4 d-men for PP time, and stays in Green's good books. How good it'll be remains to be seen, and how good the other rookies are as well... I'm really really looking forward to keeping a close eye on him. Def one of the most interesting stories for this team in 19/20.

kallor

May 15, 2015
You are predicting close 0.5 ppg. That is in the range of Most people. If he is producing those results. Don't think he is going to Utica

Stecher is not even half of the player Hughes is and Stecher put up close to 30 points in per 82 game schedule during his rookie year

Go to Utica. Lol.

Stecher was 2 years older during his rookie year and ended up playing 20 min a night alongside Edler. He also averaged 2:45 per game on the PP.

I don't think Hughes gets those types of minutes.

I'm not sure if he ends up for a stretch in Utica or not, but I certainly wont be surprised. There's nothing wrong with a team developing their players.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019

Boeser
Pettersson
Hughes

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Myers is very likely to get PP1 minutes.

That will lower Quinn's point output greatly as Dmen rely on PP time for points.

Lets say... 5 goals 20 assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->