WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
EPO-card. Thats unsportsmanlike :D

Again it looks like we are underdogs for this game as all these people cannot be wrong, and its really good for our team! ;)

How is the betting in norway for this game, i bet Finland has huge multiplier? Maybe i should bet at some norway's betcompany for the upset!

i bet Koivu will be on the winning team. I bet a hundred million kroner! :wg:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
2) Surely man proposes, God disposes, but divine intervention aside, it’s less than unlikely that such a lackluster hard-working star-less Finnish team (granted u have handled the norgs first, of course) can beat this flamboyant, star-studded Russian squad, coming off a victory over Canada, and therefore all fired up, clicking and brimming with confidence, TWICE IN A ROW during the same event.

hard work+grit > flamboyancy+arrogance

any day. And unless this setting changes as the tournament progresses, this flamboyant, star-studded squad will go back home pretty soon :nod:

And about you saying finns WILL NOT win a medal, I realisticly and setting my personal feelings and convictions aside feel that Finlands most likely ends its tournament winning bronze. Statisticly, Fin > Nor by a fairly wide margin. Also, statisticly, Finland has always been able to play very well in bronze games, even against big teams. And that's because they have been better at getting back up from a hurting semifinal loss, than other teams. Don't know why, and not sure if that's such a good thing, but anyway. Thats my honest prediction. My homer prediction is that Finland wins gold but thats still far away. :)

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
i bet Koivu will be on the winning team. I bet a hundred million kroner! :wg:

How much is that in Eurodollars? ;)

("eurodollar" from some of our friends dressed in stars and stripes boxers here on the HFboard last year...)

BTW, a friend of mine, who also used to live in Belgium, played many years together with your Koivu in our Mestis (Finnish 2nd highest league) :) Where is Kaunismäki? Didn't he use to play with the same jersey #5?

member 116805

Did Norway and Finland meet since the 2008 Canada WC 2-3 OT game? Anyone?

BottaFan

Jun 3, 2008
oslo
How much is that in Eurodollars? ;)

("eurodollar" from some of our friends dressed in stars and stripes boxers here on the HFboard last year...)

BTW, a friend of mine, who also used to live in Belgium, played many years together with your Koivu in our Mestis (Finnish 2nd highest league) :) Where is Kaunismäki? Didn't he use to play with the same jersey #5?

Kaunismäki was # 5

svea

Feb 18, 2006
Finland has lost one game so far, 1-2 against the Czechs.

I didn't expect much from this year's team, but I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure how much Granlund contributes to it, but the entire team has had what seems like a youthful disposition to this tournament. They've been trailing behind by one or two goals in several games now, but they just keep applying pressure for the full 60 minutes, eventually scoring the goals needed to win. They never seem to doubt their game.

Not to mention three wins from three shootouts, a rare treat in Finnish hockey.

Their scoring efficiency is still ultimate s*** as always, and they take plenty of silly penalties, but overall I've enjoyed watching them play so far.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
More suprisingly, US only has 1, tied with Germany...
That's not really surprising. They are up against the Czech Republic who has won all their games in regulation and this is right after the US had that poor outing against the Swiss. Would be more surprised if expectations were really high for them.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
With the incredible difficulty the Finns have of scoring, I have a feeling that the Norway game will be a very tough fought battle, similar to the game against Germany. Finland keeps on shooting and having chances but the complete lack of any finishing prowess among the forwards will make it a tightly contested game with Norway able to capitalize on their chances with a far higher percentage than the Finns. If this happens then I see a loss for Finland to be very possible. Or then Finland somehow finds its scoring touch and wins in convincing fashion. However it is, Finland has no business underestimating the Norwegian team, and if they keep coming out flat as they sometime do they could find themselves in a hole again. And I am not convinced the Finns have the mental toughness to come out of a hole when it's really on the line. Sure, they have done so in almost every game this tournament, but it wasn't in an elimination context. The Finns are notorious for freezing and ******** the bed in pressure situations no matter what the sport is.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
If we have to lose in this tournament, I hope it is going to be to Norway. They have really been a Team, and as this is a team game, anything can happen.

I'll drink Sandels and Nøgne ø in a "rowdy alcoholic" manner as I don't need to work on Friday :cheers:

Fulcrum

I want to see Russia do this without Malkin and Datsyuk. I'm sort of glad he is not coming.

Apparently Mr. Putin himself will attend this game. It will be a good motiviational booster for the team for sure. They just won't allow themselves to play like crap infront of the "President" :), I hope.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
The whole Russian team will be sent to Siberia if they lose to Canada :laugh:... But they won't know the difference 'cos so many of their players already play in KHL :sarcasm:.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
I want to see Russia do this without Malkin and Datsyuk. I'm sort of glad he is not coming.

Apparently Mr. Putin himself will attend this game. It will be a good motiviational booster for the team for sure. They just won't allow themselves to play like crap infront of the "President" :), I hope.

Good thing for the Czechs Putin hasn't been president for years. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad