WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I don't know if it's been mentioned already but apparently Brent Wallace from TSN says Bernier will get the start vs Russia.

"Brent Wallace
Bernier starts Thursday vs Russia. Neal didn't skate today but is expected to play"

From Twitter.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
:laugh: Btw, how good is your Koivu? I mean how good player in your teams hierarchy? :) And is he related to Mikko?

Well ive been rly impressed by our Koivu. He scored a goal, but most important he is big 1.90 cm and 90-95 kg. I think small D has been a curse on our teams a long time. Now we got Tolle and Koivu :D + we got offensive D in Ask and Holøs :D Koivu is willing to block shots, use his body in front of the net, work hard i the D zone. Very impressed so far! :nod:

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
With the incredible difficulty the Finns have of scoring, I have a feeling that the Norway game will be a very tough fought battle, similar to the game against Germany. Finland keeps on shooting and having chances but the complete lack of any finishing prowess among the forwards will make it a tightly contested game with Norway able to capitalize on their chances with a far higher percentage than the Finns. If this happens then I see a loss for Finland to be very possible. Or then Finland somehow finds its scoring touch and wins in convincing fashion. However it is, Finland has no business underestimating the Norwegian team, and if they keep coming out flat as they sometime do they could find themselves in a hole again. And I am not convinced the Finns have the mental toughness to come out of a hole when it's really on the line. Sure, they have done so in almost every game this tournament, but it wasn't in an elimination context. The Finns are notorious for freezing and ******** the bed in pressure situations no matter what the sport is.

Nice blanket statement to end your rant. BTW, Finland will not underestimate Norway. They will come into the game with guns blazing and will find their scoring touch. I predict something along the lines of 5-2 final for Finns.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Nice blanket statement to end your rant. BTW, Finland will not underestimate Norway. They will come into the game with guns blazing and will find their scoring touch. I predict something along the lines of 5-2 final for Finns.

I hope so too. But all too often it's been Finland coming out with the short end of the stick when it really matters. Sometimes it's been due to simply having an inferior team and sometimes it's just been a lack of winning attitude and lack of proper scorers.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Koivu is willing to block shots, use his body in front of the net, work hard i the D zone. Very impressed so far! :nod:
I dont know how finnish he is but that sounds like he has atleast 90% of finnish gens :D

Nice that hes been good! :)

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Norway and Germans have come to end of their road. I predict 6-0 Finland takes easy win :)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Already looking forward to our nationality transvestite Peter25 (aka The Original Jags from jatkoaika.com) complaining about biased refereeing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad