Date | CET | ET | Matchup/GDT | Final

5/11|16:15|10:15 AM|Czech Republic vs. United States|-
5/11|20:15|2:15 PM|Sweden vs. Germany|-
5/12|16:15|10:15 AM|Finland vs. Norway|-
5/12|20:15|2:15 PM|Canada vs. Russia|-

Last edited:

Wolfy*

Norway can definitely beat Finland.
My prediction: Canada vs Norway (Round 2) in the semifinals ;)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
USA-SWE & CAN-FIN at the semifinals.

As a FIN i hope RUS can beat CAN.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wednesday:
16.15 Czech Republic - USA
20.15 Germany - Sweden

Thurday:
16.15 Norway - Finland
20.15 Canada - Russia

I'm glad we get to play Wednesday!

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
CZE, SWE, NOR and CAN in the semi. Norway will upset Finland. Very difficult to predict RUS - CAN it's gonna be a great match-up, it's 50-50. I think Russia is gonna step up, but Canada win a close one, maybe OT is needed.

member 116805

If Havlat's shoulder really is messed up like it looked the US might get an easier game that first expected

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
CZE, SWE, NOR and CAN in the semi. Norway will upset Finland. Very difficult to predict RUS - CAN it's gonna be a great match-up, it's 50-50. I think Russia is gonna step up, but Canada win a close one, maybe OT is needed.

Tbh Norway's chance is next to none even if I would like to believe otherwise.

member 116805

Tbh Norway's chance is next to none even if I would like to believe othervice.

Thats what the Swedes said too ;)
I guess that one Swedish reporter still is wearing his Norwegian Lusekofte? hehe

Honestly though, it would be a giant upset. I really doubt it will happen, but we got to have a little hope atlest. Nevertheless, I believe most Norwegians will agree this tournament has allready been more than we could hope for considering the circumstances. BUT, Finland shouldnt take easily on the task ahead

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
i think czechs will beat USA, germany vs sweden will be close game but sweden to win, canada to beat russia, and finland vs norway - think finland will win but very close game but doesn't mean i am underestimating norway there is always a chance they win but i hope finland do :D

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
It was good for Russia to get Canada. Because we'll always have an extra motivation to play them. Should we play against other teams, included Norway, we'd have lost easily. Instead with Canada we'll have motivations and we have chances to move on.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Norway is clearly the weakest team in QF's but i think all teams has decent chances to reach SF's.

I think Norway is just as good as Germany. We've beaten them several times over the last years if I remember correctly. And we're also missing our starting goaltender and our two best forwards.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
We beat Sweden which is a better team than Finland. Tight games against both the US and Canada, beating the Swiss. You'll see..

I'll bet you a Belgian beer, that we'll win at least
with a margin of 3 goals, the shots smthng like
50-20 and the puck is mostly in the NOR end :)

If not all the requirements are met, you win the bet.

If you win, I'll send you a Belgian beer by post.
If I win, you'll send me... well, I don't want Norwegian
beer, that's for sure. What will you send me?

Last edited:

Fulcrum

It was good for Russia to get Canada. Because we'll always have an extra motivation to play them. Should we play against other teams, included Norway, we'd have lost easily. Instead with Canada we'll have motivations and we have chances to move on.

I would agree if Russia's biggest problem was motivation, but it looks to me like there are deeper 'team game' problems that I don't think they can solve in a couple of days at this point. We'll see...

If Russia looses this one- I think we all know Bykov and co. are gone. Can this be his last game with NT? :amazed:

member 116805

with a margin of 3 goals, the shots like 50-20 and
the puck is mostly in the NOR end :)

If I win, I'll send you a Belgian beer by post.

Lol, i cannot blame you for that really.

I dont think Finland will win by 3 goals or more, no way.
Also, I agree the shots will be unever, but if our goalie plays like he has and our D plays like they have, we still have a chance. A small one, but still a chance ;)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
We go in the norway game as clear underdogs and its good position for us, as you can easily see on these good projections! :sarcasm:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think Norway is just as good as Germany. We've beaten them several times over the last years if I remember correctly. And we're also missing our starting goaltender and our two best forwards.

Well germany won russia and slovaks and had tight game against FIN. They were 4th last year at WC's i rank them well over Norway.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
with a margin of 3 goals, the shots smthng like
50-20 and the puck is mostly in the NOR end :)

If I win, I'll send you a Belgian beer by post.

I don't doubt that Finland will win, but to say that we have no chance is ridiculous. We've beaten a better team earlier in the tournament, and our team is full of confidence. Best SG%, so 20 shots will be all we need;) and the tournaments second best PP. We got a decent chance, but Finland is the clear favorite, no doubt. But it shouldn't be a shocker if we upset the Finns in the QF, we've already proven that we're a good team.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Swedes didint take goalie away at Canada game, maybe it will occur a karma-law activation :laugh:

member 116805

We go in the norway game as clear underdogs and its good position for us, as you can easily see on these good projections! :sarcasm:

Only if you are bringing grandpa in his rockingchair over there! haha

You are the favorites, and hopefully the Finish players knows that and think about it alot. For all i care they can start planning the semi final already ;)

I must say that i think our chances of beating Finland are bigger than Germany's chances of breating Sweden though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad