GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Finland 4, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
Disagree, I don't think the difference is as big as you Finns think. We got a lot of SEL players that are key players on their teams.

Koivu sucks, but there is always a free spot for a Finn on our team. It's pathetic.

The difference does not matter so much at this point anyway. It's just one game. Good team play, good energy, some luck, and that's it. We Finns should know, as our team usually does better than it should.

And as you are playing against Finland, you have an extra bonus: Finland has an unparalled talent for screwups of Epic Fail proportions. :D

Nonetheless, good luck Norway, hopefully the game will be a real killer.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
If we lose ill promise to play the whole Angry Birds through once.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
As a finn who doesn't consume alcohol at all, I find these "all finns are alcoholics" -jokes very insulting....:cry:

It's not certainly all, there's you, and that other guy, what's his name again? No... I think he actually died recently. But there's you!

Charlie Milles*

I love Norway and their game but I really think Finland takes this as an opportunity to send a message to the remaining 5 teams. The Finns looked really good at times, this tournament, and are a contender, in my estimation. I think the Finns outplay Norway significantly throughout the game and leave Orange Arena with a very convincing win.

And, obligatory metal song....

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Disagree, I don't think the difference is as big as you Finns think. We got a lot of SEL players that are key players on their teams.

Koivu sucks, but there is always a free spot for a Finn on our team. It's pathetic.

Jesus u dnt know what ur talking about. Koivu is a big D. Thats why we screwed up last year. U cant play with dwarfs in the D zone.... Holøs, bonsaksen, trygg, jakobsen, espeland, løkken østli, ask and so on are just to "nice". Many of em are good offensivly, but weak in the D zone.

U need a big mean D to rly piss of the other teams forwards. Therefore i like Koivu and Tollefsen. Both of em are not elite players, but they got one thing in common. They blocks shots and are strong in box play. Tollefsen needs to improve his play with the puck and the same goes for Koivu. Anyways they should get a lot of cred and not stupid *****ing!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I love Norway and their game but I really think Finland takes this as an opportunity to send a message to the remaining 5 teams. The Finns looked really good at times, this tournament, and are a contender, in my estimation. I think the Finns outplay Norway significantly throughout the game and leave Orange Arena with a very convincing win.

And, obligatory metal song....

Wow is this the Finnish national anthem... I rly love it :vhappy:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Lärking :facepalm:

How does that guy still get to ref Finland games? There REALLY needs to be an investigation. There has never been a more biased referee in the history of hockey. Every game he has against Finland is full of huge mistakes while he is an alright referee in other games.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
How does that guy still get to ref Finland games? There REALLY needs to be an investigation. There has never been a more biased referee in the history of hockey. Every game he has against Finland is full of huge mistakes while he is an alright referee in other games.

Well, first of all he's legally blind and they do have that politically correct quota for the physically challenged. So, it's the guide dog we should blame and how likely it is that a canine would have national bias? It's just bad luck, and in hockey we have the copyright for bad luck...

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I got serious money on Finland taking it 4-2 and Canada winning 7-4..

Make it happen..

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Well, first of all he's legally blind and they do have that politically correct quota for the physically challenged. So, it's the guide dog we should blame and how likely it is that a canine would have national bias? It's just bad luck, and in hockey we have the copyright for bad luck...

How come he isn't blind when he refs other teams?

dfk711*

Why are all the streams in some language that I can't understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad