Feb 11, 2010
1084798492.84511.jpg

What a happy fun-loving people

vs.

*O fortuna playing*

finlandia_vodka_gr_78590855.jpg

knife.jpg

Heia Norge, this is your time to shine

Before you tell everyone that Im alcoholic like every other finn, think what country is overall best in educational sectors, public health care, in anti-corruption and university research. You are blaming a good country to be alcoholic barbarians. Your message tells much more about you than our country.

In finland there's old saying: Alcohol is only good for wise men

Madude

Jan 25, 2011
I'd like to see Joensuu in Aaltonen's place. Have not been impressed with him.

Good luck to Norway.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'd like to see Joensuu in Aaltonen's place. Have not been impressed with him.

Good luck to Norway.

I think he'll show up against norwegians 3-4 lines today. He can dangle against better opponents too but he has been able to dominate more against weaker opponents.

He kinda disappears or changes hes playing style against toughest opponents.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Still few hours until the game starts. Time to open new bottle of Finlandia Vodka (Which btw was voted the best in the world) and sharpen my knife.

Finnish style of putting things in order :):
pyratuolikossuarw6.jpg

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
We cant let them win today

Swedish läppä about finnish drinking:

Thats actually good one

Last edited:

Xtranova

Apr 28, 2010
Lalaland
A part of me is obviously saying that the Finns should run over Norway with a couple of goals. However I have a feeling that the wave Norway is currently riding on might be bigger than most people are aware of. If Tollefsen and the rest of the defensive machinery are up to the task today this might go Norway's way. Not only are the Norwegians creating good scoring chances, but nearly all their forwards are huge on the backcheck as well. They also have to stay the hell out of the penalty box if they want to win it. If these criterias can be filled.... Then I'm going to say Norway 4-3 (SO).

And yes.. Their goalie needs a heck of a day!

:handclap:

Good luck lads and ladettes!

Latex*

What a bunch of racists you swedes are.

:shakehead

You really should study something about this country.

Finland, please crush Norway. :)

But.. but i recall you saying during the WJC that you would NEVER EVER root for Finland. ;)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
However I have a feeling that the wave Norway is currently riding on might be bigger than most people are aware of.

Most people aren't aware that Finland is riding a wave too, it just hasn't showed in scoring but we got other strong points, like never giving up (5 comeback games or what ever so far).

Prediction is:
Finland wins 3-1
Norway's only goal is scored by the guy who did 4 goals in 1 game.
Immonen 1+1
Grandlund 0+1
Ruutu 1+0
Jaakola at least one 2min penalty

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
What, Finns drinking??? No way, it's just strictly folköl for us (that national drink of Sverige, 1,5% proof). Either for joy or sorrow! (A BIG sorrow if we'll lose tonight...)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
309iknb.jpg

Lets see how the "black sheep" plays today :P Maybe after hearing the Anthem he gets the idea to score own goals!

Last edited:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
As a finn who doesn't consume alcohol at all, I find these "all finns are alcoholics" -jokes very insulting....:cry:

Seriously though, should be a great game, hopefully a tight one too.

It's kinda cool how a team like Norway can hold it's own against the top nations. On paper the difference is huuuuuugeee between Norway and Finland, but still we can expect a close game.

Funny fact: One of Norway's top d-men, Eerikki Koivu, wasn't even good enough to hold a defensive duty job in the finnish Sm-liiga and wasn't even considered an elite-level d-man in the second tier league, Mestis. I think it's pretty fair to assume that there are about a hundred better d-men in the finnish leagues alone than Koivu, not to mention the other Euro-leagues and NA. :amazed: It's amazing how far a well-organized team play can get you.

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
Pass the vodka, pass the knife! :yo:

Finally a worthy opponent for us. Real vikings instead of those pansy Swedes! :D

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Norways multiplier at betting is 11.60.

If they won, i get pretty good insurance money.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
All I'm hopinf for is an even game. Finland should come out on top but I hope our guys put in a great performance and manage to keep the game exciting.

If Norway can get an early goal or two and stay out of the box, it can get real interesting, but ultimately Finland's the better team.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
On paper the difference is huuuuuugeee between Norway and Finland, but still we can expect a close game.

Funny fact: One of Norway's top d-men, Eerikki Koivu, wasn't even good enough to hold a defensive duty job in the finnish Sm-liiga and wasn't even considered an elite-level d-man in the second tier league, Mestis.

Disagree, I don't think the difference is as big as you Finns think. We got a lot of SEL players that are key players on their teams.

Koivu sucks, but there is always a free spot for a Finn on our team. It's pathetic.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Disagree, I don't think the difference is as big as you Finns think. We got a lot of SEL players that are key players on their teams.

Koivu sucks, but there is always a free spot for a Finn on our team. It's pathetic.

So he sucks? Well i dont know myself, havent seen yet, but they are putting him to the norwegian olympic team in Sochi 2014 preditions topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->