Ivan Dedioulia|Linesman

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Live box score: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/gameaction_2864.html

Streams: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

Tournament stats: http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-11/iihf-world-championship-wc11/statistics.html

Please remain civil and argue the content of the posts made in these threads. Personal attacks, flamebaiting and trolling will not be tolerated. If you spot trolls, use the report button. Don't call them out in the thread, as that is flaming itself. Violators may promptly be banned from the International Tournaments forum altogether.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
1084798492.84511.jpg

What a happy fun-loving people

vs.

*O fortuna playing*

finlandia_vodka_gr_78590855.jpg

knife.jpg

Heia Norge, this is your time to shine

dfk711*

I'm assuming that Versus isn't showing this game so I'll have to stream it through the tv

Finland 4-1

Norwegian

Pitbull Sniper
Aug 17, 2010
Asker, Norway
I'm assuming that Versus isn't showing this game so I'll have to stream it through the tv

Finland 4-1

Cant wait, the biggest game in norwegian hockey ever, imagine what a win will do for the hockey here:). Lost in ot 08, against a better team suomi and this year the norwegian machine knows they are able to win and score. They will come out fireing, finland will never know what hit them 5-2 Norway:):yo:

(atleast thats what im hoping for :D)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
No chance for Norway sorry. We'll return you back to the surface of the Earth today :).

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
What a happy fun-loving people

vs.

*O fortuna playing*

finlandia_vodka_gr_78590855.jpg

knife.jpg

Heia Norge, this is your time to shine

Are you saying that vodka and knives aren't fun?! Everyone's favorite Finnish pop group Rytmihäiriö actually has a nice fun song about the subject.

About the game... Naturally Finland is a huge favorite here. I think Norway has never won us in international tournaments but they already beat Sweden so anything can happen. Everyone in Finnish team has been saying that they're not underestimating Norway and I really hope that's the case.

Finland is probably going to hold on to the puck much more, so this can be very tough game for our goalie. Vehanen is not going to face many shots but I have a feeling the shots he faces are going to be dangerous. Finland will have 40+ shots. Naturally we can't score to save our lives but if we get the puck to net that many times, it will eventually go in, probably by deflection off Ruutu's arse or Pesonen's head.

I'm not too worried even if we go down by 1 or 2 goals. This team has shown a lot of character in this tournament and they stick with the game plan remarkably well even (and especially) when losing.

Let's hope for a good game! Good luck Norway! :cheers:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Norwegians are my number two favourite people in the world. Unless they're into skiing, in which case I hate them:D

6-1 Finland.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
If vehanen has a weak game norway has a chance if not i think there is only slight chances. Haugen is most important player on ice from norway today.

roto

Oct 26, 2009
As a Finn, actually I think it would be good if Norway beats us, because it would make good for Norweigian hockey. What ice hockey needs is popularity and new players in smaller ice hockey countries. People in NA don't care about the national teams, but in Europe it's important. It would be really nice if in the future there would be tough and emotional games between the nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark).

If Norway beats Finland, I'll cheer for them the rest of the tournament. Of course I hope that Finland wins and it's quite likely to happen, but it won't be an easy game. I think Norway can really beat us if they play well and maybe have some luck, too.

svea

Feb 18, 2006
*O fortuna playing*
You are possibly offending an entire nation by suggesting that they are violent alcoholics. In any case, you might also add a picture of the latest PISA scores to even things out.

Norway has a slim chance resting primarily on the Finns' potential underestimating of them or a poor day for Vehanen.

Finland has been playing a decent tournament and has shown an ability to handle pressure, gathering most of its wins from shootouts. But this also means they've had trouble scoring during regulation – and a lot of their goals have been the result of applying massive pressure on the opposing team's end and eventually having the puck bounce into the net off of players' butts and helmets.

Norway on the other hand has some of the tournament's top scorers, including the goal scoring leader, Mr. Holtet. This impressed me, but then I realized Holtet scored four of his six goals against France. He may or may not have a tougher time finding his way to the Finnish net today, but in any case Norway will need massive defense in their own end against the usual Finnish onslaught.

Germany has surprised me with their active style of play in this tournament, unlike before when they've sometimes been content with just trapping away. Hopefully today's game is more about interesting hockey than trying to trap off the stronger team, but I doubt it.

Coog

Nov 2, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
As a Finn, actually I think it would be good if Norway beats us, because it would make good for Norweigian hockey. What ice hockey needs is popularity and new players in smaller ice hockey countries. People in NA don't care about the national teams, but in Europe it's important. It would be really nice if in the future there would be tough and emotional games between the nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark).

Second that. That's why I'm so happy to see that Germany seems to have gotten their act together. I almost felt bad for Sweden knocking them out of the tournament yesterday. I wish all the best for the up and coming teams, as long as they don't play Sweden.;)

Flip

Apr 9, 2006
Helsinki
We will absolutely crush Norway. There is no hope for our northern friends. I'll expect this game will be over after the second perioid. But I still hope that Norway could challenge us. :yo:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
You are possibly offending an entire nation by suggesting that they are violent alcoholics. In any case, you might also add a picture of the latest PISA scores to even things out.

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/08/15/interactive-infographic-of-the-worlds-best-countries.html

Even though we have a decent healthcare system, but if our health would be on par with the other measurment systems we'd be somewhat superior compaird to other countries so we have to even in out. ;)

Something that obviesly is pretty hard for Swedes to accept. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad