GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Finland 3, Russia 4 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
End of the first.

I think it was an even period, both sides had their chances and both goals haven't been the best

I may be biased, but I think a lot of the Finland's chances came from stupid mistakes by Russian players that could and should have been easily avoided.

As mentioned, Russia's leaders haven't really been too visible so far. Hopefully that will change in a good way in the 2nd.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Russia started pretty good but it turned the other way towards the end.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
End of the first.

I think it was an even period, both sides had their chances and both goals haven't been the best

I may be biased, but I think a lot of the Finland's chances came from stupid mistakes by Russian players that could and should have been easily avoided.

As mentioned, Russia's leaders haven't really been too visible so far. Hopefully that will change in a good way in the 2nd.

Tarasenko has been ok, he tried a couple of rushes. Same for Orlov, whose defensive play seems a little improved.
Kuznetsov needs some :help:

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Good game. Finns controlling the play a bit, but Russia generating some good shots.

Finnish coach Marjamäki should be getting some job offers, fantastically co-ordinated hockey for a junior team.

tikkanen5rings*

Pulkkinen should shoot all the time from everywhere. Vatanen has been a disappoint for me trough the tournament. He is fun to watch but doesn't seem to produce and also a couple of bad mistakes at own end.

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Tarasenko looks nothing like the other games I've seen him, so far.

In the other games he was ridiculously dangerous offensively every time he was on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad