GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Finland 3, Russia 4 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
well, it's been more than once that a team which played one more game looked better than the opponents that rested. So we got a good chance, just gotta play hard and pay attention in d end.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
:shakehead seriously guys??? you hell about Kuznetsov at this WJC??? Are you kidding me? For me, he's the man for Russia and not only tonight. He's a constant threat with high skills. Ok, it doesnt work sometimes but stats is a thing and performance is another thing and nobody can complaint about his overall performance. He was the best Russian player last year and possibly even with Tasarenko this year.

Honestly, I dont like Russians players so much because Im an habs fans and we lost a bunch of them in the past like Korneev, Perezhogin, Valentenko, Trunev... but if Kuz was a guy that I would love to add in my prospect bank. Take Tinordi for him straight up.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I would love to see this, but you would have to agree that it would be a major upset.

Kinda harsh, no?

Sweden does have a better all-around team, but I don't think it would be a "major" upset.

It's not like Russia is a 3rd tier team or something.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Poor Russia

Winner of this game is getting royally screwed. Game started at 7:30 EST, and now Russia has to play Sweden on Monday at 3:30 EST? Just over 15 hours after this game ends, the Russians play again?

This doesn't seem right.

Every team has Jan 1 off, so when they did up the Qtrs and Semis schedules, they should have made the schedule so that the teams that played today get the regular 24 hours between start times.

Seems way unfair to the Fins/Russians.

I mean, Canada would be moaning if they had the same situation, playing the night game today and the afternoon game tomorrow.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
:shakehead seriously guys??? you hell about Kuznetsov at this WJC??? Are you kidding me? For me, he's the man for Russia and not only tonight. He's a constant threat with high skills. Ok, it doesnt work sometimes but stats is a thing and performance is another thing and nobody can complaint about his overall performance. He was the best Russian player last year and possibly even with Tasarenko this year.

Honestly, I dont like Russians players so much because Im an habs fans and we lost a bunch of them in the past like Korneev, Perezhogin, Valentenko, Trunev... but if Kuz was a guy that I would love to add in my prospect bank. Take Tinordi for him straight up.

No he wasn't.:huh:

Last year Kuznetsov was a 17 y.o. underager who played limited minutes on the 3rd line with goon Timkin at his wing.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
No he wasn't.:huh:

Last year Kuznetsov was a 17 y.o. underager who played limited minutes on the 3rd line with goon Timkin at his wing.

maybe im wrong, generally,I focus more on the draft eligible and Kuz was my favorite. Im not telling that I would pick him before Tasarenko but he was simply my favorite player from your team last year.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Seems kinda crazy to me that the relegation round teams have the extra day off. It should be the semi final teams. That would make more sense. Good luck to all on Monday.

dude67

Nov 15, 2010
Omg what happen i hit sack after 2 periods Fins had the momentum and was pretty good.

pouskin74*

Exactly. If we had lost to Canada, Sweden or perhaps even the US, it would be accepted by most of us and expected by many of us... but not to Russia... and not like this...

whats wrong for losing to Russia? :sarcasm:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Damn, was hoping for SWE-FIN.

I feel bad for Finland, they deserve to have success against their former oppressor but almost always lose against them. :(

Russia will be very dangerous now and Sweden missing their two best players won't help. But let's hope #2 and #5 are out on the ice often for Russia, then I feel Sweden has a good chance. And if they shut up the ultimate cry baby Tarasenko with some tough but fair physical play.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
whats wrong for losing to Russia? :sarcasm:

Nothing in general. I just mean losing to this particular Russian team with this particular Finnish team. Shouldn't have happened, especially when leading by two goals late in the 3rd period.

One man's individual talent and effort should never be enough to win a game like that. The other team should be able to contain one ****ing guy.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Nothing in general. I just mean losing to this particular Russian team with this particular Finnish team. Shouldn't have happened, especially when leading by two goals late in the 3rd period.

One man's individual talent and effort should never be enough to win a game like that. The other team should be able to contain one ****ing guy.

pretty sure the finns gameplan was to contain one ****ing guy. They did a very good job on tarasenko. Problem is, they ignored kuznetsov.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Is that Sweden?

Nah, up to 1809 the Finns had the best time of their history. From 1809 to 1917 the Finns were living under the terror rule of Russia before they revolted and gained their Freedom. Then Russia tried to invade Finland during WW2 but were denied by sisu. However, the commies still managed to steal 10 percent of Finland in the treaty after the war.

After that, they have continued to own Finland in hockey as well. I was hoping yesterday would be a turning point but no...:(

Sweden will revenge their former subjects tonight!

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Great interview with Kuzya after the game:

– Поздравляем! Вы сегодня спасли команду!
– Спасибо за поздравление. Мы проигрывали со счётом 1:3, и надо было как можно скорее забивать вторую шайбу, чтобы потом отыграть ещё одну и сравнять счёт. Так и вышло – забросили ещё две шайбы. А не помните, кто был тем защитником, кого я обыграл?

- Congrats, you saved the team today!
- Thanks. We were losing 3-1, we needed to sore quickly so that we could score another one and tie the game up. And that happened - we scored other two times. By the way, who was the defenseman that I outplayed?

– Ватанен.
– Это же тот, кто сказал в интервью, что у сборной России нет шансов против финнов? Ну, вы ему привет тогда передайте.

- Vatanen.
- Isn't him the one who said in an interview that Russia would have no chances against Finland? Well, tell him "hi"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad