GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Finland 3, Russia 4 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
well if one goal does that and ignoring 5 bad games, congrats

Kuznetsov hasn't had a stellar tournament so far for sure and this was his best game so far, but regardless he's a fine prospect for the caps and if anything, had a pretty good WJC last year albeit in a losing cause to the Swiss at this stage.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Am I reading the semi final schedule right? Russia gets to play tommorow at 3ET, which is like, what, 18 hours after tonights game?

That scheduling seems to suck ferociously.

Icetime

Oct 28, 2006
LA
well if one goal does that and ignoring 5 bad games, congrats

One goal?

Why don't you go ahead and watch the highlights of the last THREE goals.

Kuznetsov was a one man wrecking ball with two goals and a ridiculously sick assist.

That was an utterly dominant man amongst boys display of hockey talent.

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
Am I reading the semi final schedule right? Russia gets to play tommorow at 3ET, which is like, what, 18 hours after tonights game?

yep. usa is home team so they can choose when they play, and they chose the evening game.

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia

Yeah the Russian commentator said we have advanced to the bronze medal game :laugh: Don't see Russia having any chance tomorrow still glad they showed some fight today.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
yep. usa is home team so they can choose when they play, and they chose the evening game.

Of course the US wants to play at night. But isn't the issue why Canada played the early game today? Wouldn't it make sense to have the game feeding the first semifinal go first?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
oh c'mon. Sweden is probably the favourite, but we definitely have a chance to win tomorrow.

finland was probably the favorite today, but look who won. We're down to the final 4 - I dont think any team has an advantage over another.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
finland was probably the favorite today, but look who won. We're down to the final 4 - I dont think any team has an advantage over another.

it probably doesn't matter as much at this age, but fatigue has to play a factor and this extra day of rest for US and Sweden is going to be pretty big. besides, on paper Sweden is already a great team and they've beaten Russia already, so as much as I hate to say it, they are the team to beat in the matchup.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Saw 2 different Russian teams this tournament...

1) The Russian team that played in a) the first 2 periods of the Canadian game AND b) the last 12 minutes of tonight's game.

2) The Russian team that played the rest of the time.

If Team # 1 would just stick around the Russians could do some damage.

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Wow what an epic comeback

I was all but ready to write off this team and they surprise me, finally one of our big players actually stepped up his game.

I feel for the Finns they played great and deserved to win, but hey I'm not complaining:)

Sweden better watch out tmrw:yo:

Hyperkookeez*

That is just a heartbreaking loss

Finns deserved to win. If only they could catch a break or two... :(

Berakos

Jan 29, 2010
Virginia
Russia needs to capitalize on the scoring chances they've been given if they want a shot at beating sweden.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
This OT will probably be noticeable in the Russian legs in the last period of the game against Sweden in 17 hours.

That's why its important that Russia come out flying and capitalize early tomorrow. They'll be on an emotional high from the victory.....but as the game progresses and fatigue sets in.:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad