GDT: Quarter Final: Russia Vs Switzerland | 6:30AM EST 12:30PM CET | RUS 3 - 1 SUI

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Up early for this one, a great day of hockey ahead! The longer this goes scoreless, you have to think that's better for Switzerland (knock on wood).
I think it would be better for Switzerland if they scored a couple :sarcasm:

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I don't think the Swiss had any sustained offensive zone possession outside of their one power play.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Honestly, don't think this will be a close game for much longer. First 10 minutes were somewhat even but after the Russians settled in just complete domination by them. 2nd period, long change.. I think Russians score at least a couple unless Hollenstein plays the game of his life.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The game looks similar to Russia - Czech so far, like we play PP even when it's 5x5... We lost that game to Czech...
The difference is Czechs offered at least some resistance, Swiss only real shot came on PP. In the last 10 minutes, they could hardly get into the zone.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The game looks similar to Russia - Czech so far, like we play PP even when it's 5x5... We lost that game to Czech...

I didn't see the RUS-CZE game ... but the way this one is going down ... a Swiss win, in spite of the Russian dominance, is absolutely possible.

Russians are dominating ... but not to the point of anihilating all scoring attempts.
Remove the post and the best scoring chance was Swiss.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
switzerland lucky not to be down... they work hard though if russia doesnt capitalize soon the seeds of doubt will start to sink in

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Close one there. Swiss keeping the Russians a lot to the outside so far.

They better continue to do so with Hollenstein in goal. They gave up some shots but no quality opportunities. Not bad considering that Henauer is out and Gross probably banged up.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I didn't see the RUS-CZE game ... but the way this one is going down ... a Swiss win, in spite of the Russian dominance, is absolutely possible.

Russians are dominating ... but not to the point of anihilating all scoring attempts.
Remove the post and the best scoring chance was Swiss.
Remove the chance from Swiss and they are basically holding on for dear life for 18 mins straight.
If Russia doesn't change anything to 2nd or to 3rd and they won't get lucky bounces
i don't see them beating Switzerland in this game.
bruh we get it, you love yourself some swiss.

Reactions: wacko2

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
If Russia doesn't change anything to 2nd or to 3rd and they won't get lucky bounces
i don't see them beating Switzerland in this game.

have you been impressed with podkolzin at all? hes seems to be a pretty good playmaker

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Remove the chance from Swiss and they are basically holding on for dear life for 18 mins straight.

bruh we get it, you love yourself some swiss.
holding on yes ... but not for dear life !!
Russia wasn't that threatening.
Would the term soft domination be appropriate ?
(the Swiss goalie didn't have to stand on his head ... almost all routine saves !!)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This playstile requires no margin of error at all though. Turnovers like that from Knak and Moser need to stop next peroids.

I agree. But this Russian team, it seems that they don't have that many top players who can exploit those mistakes thou
you know, score goals from those mistakes, they don't have those players who can absolutely end those plays with high percentage.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
holding on yes ... but not for dear life !!
Russia wasn't that threatening.
Would the term soft domination be appropriate ?
(the Swiss goalie didn't have to stand on his head ... almost all routine saves !!)
I understand that and somewhat agree but calling it a smart approach to any game is a huge stretch. A one mistake and they down a goal and need to totally change the way they play which easily leads to more scoring chances for an opponent and an eventual blowout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad