GDT: Quarter Final: Russia Vs Switzerland | 6:30AM EST 12:30PM CET | RUS 3 - 1 SUI

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I understand that and somewhat agree but calling it a smart approach to any game is a huge stretch. A one mistake and they down a goal and need to totally change the way they play which easily leads to more scoring chances for an opponent and an eventual blowout.

I don't call it a smart approach !!

We should dominate and score ... and in case it doesn't work because the oponent is better ... just score !! (i am Swiss)

in other words ... we do what we can.

And so far it is not that bad. ... surviving against someone who is not threatening us to death neither.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Team Russia forces their play a lot in this game, they do not play smart.
also their tactic is very very visible and easy to read. - they do the same exact thing every time

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
But you don't seem to get it thou, it looks like they are dominating, but the Swiss are mostly keeping them away from dangerous
scoring chances, thus, playing smart.
Russian had 2 clean shots from the slot in the last 3 minutes on the first alone. I don't know which game are you watching.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Damn that was avoidable.

Hinterland meltdown incoming...

Avoidable penalty of course. The goal I don't know. Lucky bounce for the Russians on the PP and from then on our guys were on the backfoot. Moser could have been in better position and Hollenstein's rebound control was questionable but I wouldn't blame them for it. Goals like that can happen if you take penalties against Russia.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean how is that a penalty? Podkolzin tried to cut inside and got outmuscled, how is that a penalty and what is Swiss D supposed to do there?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I mean how is that a penalty? Podkolzin tried to cut inside and got outmuscled, how is that a penalty and what is Swiss D supposed to do there?

Indeed, that's no penalty. Very smart play by Moser.

Lucky goal for Switzerland, but you need these.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->