GDT: Quarter Final | Russia Vs Germany | 1/2 @ 10 AM | TSN/NHL

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It’s really too bad Germany was so decimated by covid and that Seider was held out.

Would have been interesting to see where they would have gotten with their number one goalie.

Adding Reichel and Seider to that PP would have been massive too.

Reactions: smitty10

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Germans deserved more from this than 1-2 defeat.
This Russia team will not get through next round.
- last 2 periods, Germany was better
What in the world were you watching.
Germany played really well, But Russia Controlled that game from start to near finish.

Fantastic game, Wish we could see more of Germany with a full roster.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

The thing is Germany still only has 25.000 active hockey players, this number needs to grow if we want to compete year in year out. Rinks are still rare and it's pretty hard to get into hockey in most regions

Reactions: Kleefeld

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well done by Germany. They represented themselves, their program, and their country extremely well.

Reactions: NorCalhockey

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Good game.
Germany had their chances.
Russia on to the semis. Does anyone know who they will play???
It depends on who else moves on. There is no bracket, and the remaining teams are reseeded after the quarters.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
0 points for Stutzle in the most important game

Raises some concern for sure

Not at all, they moved on. Russians are now guaranteed to play for a medal, which shocks no one. They are the most consistent team when it comes to medaling year in and year out.

It’s a very competitive hockey tournament and they got a competitive game. This isn’t really shocking.

Germans played well and gave their all as they are expected to. You better play with damn pride and vigour when you represent your country.

Russia was the better team and moved on as expected.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Is it just me or is TSN coverage of team Russia really bitter? Any mistake the Russians make gets special bashing, like they are eager and happy to point out how badly the Russian player has done

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
That’s bullshit. They are great defensively

This is team Germany, not world beaters. They easily could have scored several more goals. Canada could probably score 4 or 5 on this defense.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Future of German hockey looks bright. Faced a ton of adversity and still came out with an impressive tournament
Not too sure it looks any better than normal. Looks like every 5-6 years they produce a potential allstar with a few relegation years inbetween. It would be nice if they solidified themselves in the top 8.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Thanks! There used to be brackets, no? or has it been always like this ?
No problem. Yes, there used to be playoffs brackets, but it has changed recently, I think.

Edit: 2021 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships - Wikipedia
I think it's pretty safe to assume that Canada and USA move on. If Finland wins then we'll have Canada vs Russia and USA vs Finland semis. If Sweden wins, in turn, then we'll have Canada vs Sweden and USA vs Russia.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is it just me or is TSN coverage of team Russia really bitter? Any mistake the Russians make gets special bashing, like they are eager and happy to point out how badly the Russian player has done

I thought no one cared what Canadians thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad