GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yup... we have the best crowd in the world... let's deflate them and play 6 minutes shorthanded while the Swedes pelt our all star goalie. Also, let's give Sweden a lead because they're real easy to score on.haha

”Hen-rik, Hen-rik, Hen-rik!”

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Okay, that's a game. Dostal loses confidence and he is the only one preventing swedes from making this an exhibition game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
That Swedish guy seriously shushed the crowd after being given 3 PPs in a row?

lol

”given”

When you leave your defensive zone once in, what, 14 minutes, penalties are going to happen.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Is it considered a Hat trick if Sweden scores a PP goal, shorthanded goal and even strength goal?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Sweden has now allowed 2 goals in PP and scored two in boxplay, so it's a +/- game so far. Sweden has played a really aggressive boxplay this tournament.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
This would probably sound like a total Capt. Obvious' line but Czechs just can't afford giving up another goal the rest of the game. From now on it's a sudden death OT for them except a goal wouldn't seal the win for them.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nightmare!

Dostal looked great and like he was going to steal one... no fault on the powerplay goal against. Then he sets up a Sweden for an empty netter.

When we weren't taking stupid penalties we were hustling and trying.

The good news is that we can't play any stupided (well, I mean, I 'think' we can't play any stupider)... ONLY down 2-0. Who knows. A goal and the crowd starts hopping.

I originally said we had a 10% chance based on not taking stupid penalties and Dostal being our best player. I might be lowering that number now.lmao

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Is anyone outside of Sweden aware of the "boxplay" expression? ;P
Well, they should, it's a great expression. :laugh: When you play shorthanded, you're in a box, in many ways. The penalized player is in a box, the team plays in a box and the obvious disadvantage of the team is in a box.

Speaking of which, why didn't the Czech DJ pick this for the penalty jingle? "I'm living in a box. I'm living in a cardboard box."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad