Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Well, I used a glass that is normally used for whisky and ice, but it was upstairs for some reason and not at the downstairs bar. Why I don’t know. We are getting rather lazy entering the 3rd month of quarantine so it was probably used, washed and then just stuck with the upstairs glasses.

The water was fairly clear, no spring run off muck contaminating it yet but I am sure those days are ahead soon. A bit warmer than I would have liked too but I turned the faucet on and didn’t check the temperature first. My daughter must have used warm water a few minutes before I came downstairs and the residual water in the pipe hadn’t cooled down quite yet.

I was rather thirsty so I drank it anyway. It was ok, about a 5 out of 10 so I’ve had better glasses of water before. But not worth tossing it down the sink and running more water to cool it down more.

I could have put an ice cube in it had I taken the time to think about it but I was too thirsty and just drank it down! Took about 3-4 gulps. Had it been a regular water glass and not a short whisky glass it would have been 7-8 gulps for sure!

All in all, not a bad glass of water but not a good glass of water. So yeah, about a 5.

Then I ate that apple I was telling you about.
Have you ever thought of writing an autobiography?

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Have you ever thought of writing an autobiography?

My wife and I were joking last night that I could write a book about my family and people would call bullshit on it. There isn't a soap opera or miniseries that can hold a candle to it.

And now you must excuse me, as I am thirsty once again. Think I will go for a Coke Zero this time.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River

Hey @Bobieque can you make this and invite me over for curb side pickup? :nod:

Oh, that brings back memories. I think it was back in 08 or 09 this was considered the must have at a Super Bowl, most commonly called the Bacon Explosion
I’ve done 5-6 of them over the years. It actually turns out to be a ton of work. We discovered you basically had to pre-cook the bacon prior to the weave or else you would get this crispy outside but flabby inside.

You know what, if this continues much longer I’ll make one. Best sliced and on a cheese bun with a little chipotle mayo and a really spicy sauce.

Unfortunately we are in High River, so no local deliveries.

edit: And yes BBQ Pit Boys are awesome. Another funny fave and inspiration is Sous Vide Everything. They combine a lot of BBQ and Sous Vide, which I both love.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oh, that brings back memories. I think it was back in 08 or 09 this was considered the must have at a Super Bowl, most commonly called the Bacon Explosion
I’ve done 5-6 of them over the years. It actually turns out to be a ton of work. We discovered you basically had to pre-cook the bacon prior to the weave or else you would get this crispy outside but flabby inside.

You know what, if this continues much longer I’ll make one. Best sliced and on a cheese bun with a little chipotle mayo and a really spicy sauce.

Unfortunately we are in High River, so no local deliveries.

edit: And yes BBQ Pit Boys are awesome. Another funny fave and inspiration is Sous Vide Everything. They combine a lot of BBQ and Sous Vide, which I both love.

Ah nice! How far a drive is it from Edmonton to High River? Hell I drove to Red Deer a couple weeks ago to get a Petes burger. I'd drive to hell and back to get me a bacon explosion sandwich!

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Tonight, used a great Carolina Sauce from a company in Edmonton “Get Sauced”. Their stuff is awesome. Smoked Chicken thighs with the Carolina Sauce and sprinkled with smoked honey roasted peanuts
BCEE8E4B-1773-42C4-BB1A-9E8A8F0B19FF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad