GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Murray is 25. Goalies have growing pains. I have faith. Even Price had a couple of bad seasons at around 23.

Can't say it enough. 25. How many young players in general go through a couple rough patches?

But seriously how many goalies go back to back to win the Cup? How many goalies win games 5 and 6 after a SCF is tied 2-2 with back to back shutouts for back to back cups?

Not many on that list.... ;) He has a leash like anyone. And sitting waiting is a damn good backup.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I don't get sitting a goalie with a 921. Save percentage for a goalie with a 898. Save percentage.

And Jarry is a way better puck handler.

This is a very bad move by Sullivan.

Reactions: Khelandros

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't get sitting a goalie with a 921. Save percentage for a goalie with a 898. Save percentage.

The coach is trusting the guy his core and him won TWICE with.

That's as much about people management than it is about performance, unfortunately.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Not sure why some are shocked about analysts liking Montreal here.

They are going against a coach who knows how to stifle and frustrate the Pens, and the lineup to do it with.

Pens have a few new guys who never got time to gel with their teammates and Jake hasn’t seen meaningful game action in a long time.

Pens defense is shaky at best and it doesn’t bode well against a team that thrives on turnovers and the transition game.

PP is something out of a horror movie.

And, like it or not, there is a goalie controversy that’s been brewing for some time now.

Combine all that, going against a Habs team that will keep it simple and play fundamental hockey with a little edge and agitation thrown in, and it’s not hard to see why people are high in Montreal and down on the Pens.

It’s up to Pittsburgh to prove everyone wrong.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC

Hockey is back and the team is starting their two time cup winning goalie.

Let's give him respect.

(Down the stretch before stop in play both goalies were far closer in stats then season total)

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
can't just say that, depends how the goal is scored. like if its a defensive breakdown, breakaway...

There are going to be TOs and breakaways...that’s hockey...that’s why you need your goalie to stand up tall most of those times...I mean one goal like that doesn’t warrant him getting pulled...but if the Pens make mistakes in their own end and Murray is not bailing them out 9 out of 10 times, it’s going to end badly...and yeah, Sully needs to turn to Jarry in that case to see if he can bail them out because the Pens aren’t going to play a perfect game..they’re not that tight of a team on D

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I haven't paid too much attention but is this just one single rink? They are playing games 12/4/8. The ice will be hell after a while. And also what happens if multiple games go to multiple OT?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I haven't paid too much attention but is this just one single rink? They are playing games 12/4/8. The ice will be hell after a while. And also what happens if multiple games go to multiple OT?

More hockey to watch is all I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad