GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
My brother said Jarry is confirmed starter for game 1. All call him back and ask who said that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No surprise on Murray starting. The more interesting question is the length of his leash. Hopefully, an answer never becomes necessary.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Your brother also said he didn't break your toys when you were little. :razz:

(and where the heck did he hear that)
I will find out. I was surprised when he said that. Probably the radio because he was driving.

Reactions: KIRK

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Didn’t see anyone post it but Murray is starting.

ThirdIllegalHerald-size_restricted.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
analytics, dude...MTL is a great possession team that takes a lot of shots like Carolina from a couple years ago..they just can’t finish...they enter and exit zones much better than the Pens at ES and are better off the rush...better pretty much at everything except working off the dump and chase (and of course shooting talent)
gotcha, so nothing crazy has changed, (if anything didn't the Habs just get worse at the deadline?) it's just analytics being analytics?

Reactions: Andy99

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I’ve lost so much confidence in murr over the last year or so. He just seems.. idk clunky in net? Like he is 100% positioning. Like on the flyers second goal, the semi breakaway. And listen, I’m not blaming him one bit at all on that goal. But like. You get in close on murr, backhand forehand he is TOAST. Earlier in the game one of the flyers would have scored, same move but it rolled off his stick. He just doesn’t move well, at all.

And at the same time I totally get starting him and what not. Though I do believe Jarry is better right now, and the better goalie for this team. I think if we win the Cup this year, Jarry will be the one ultimately in the net.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’ve lost so much confidence in murr over the last year or so. He just seems.. idk clunky in net? Like he is 100% positioning. Like on the flyers second goal, the semi breakaway. And listen, I’m not blaming him one bit at all on that goal. But like. You get in close on murr, backhand forehand he is TOAST. Earlier in the game one of the flyers would have scored, same move but it rolled off his stick. He just doesn’t move well, at all.

And at the same time I totally get starting him and what not. Though I do believe Jarry is better right now, and the better goalie for this team. I think if we win the Cup this year, Jarry will be the one ultimately in the net.

FWIW: Both have had a long layoff and things can totally be different now.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Change these guys’ minds!

View attachment 356720
I can't say I've caught many Canadien's games this year, but for them to be favored like this just seems off. I get that analytics can predict things our eyes cannot, but still...

Anyway, a full morning on my bike, hockey and soccer on all day long, and a noon beer to kick off my three day weekend. Lets go Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad