GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
There are going to be TOs and breakaways...that’s hockey...that’s why you need your goalie to stand up tall most of those times...I mean one goal like that doesn’t warrant him getting pulled...but if the Pens make mistakes in their own end and Murray is not bailing them out 9 out of 10 times, it’s going to end badly...and yeah, Sully needs to turn to Jarry in that case to see if he can bail them out because the Pens aren’t going to play a perfect game..they’re not that tight of a team on D

Last playoff run it seemed like the Islanders scored within a minute of us scoring. We could never gain any momentum.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone got their sb cash riding on this game?

Habs the bigger payout and seeing I lost all my money betting for the penguins, mostly on their late season snide.... I'm still going for the penguins tonight.

Prove me wrong boys.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
McCurdy's model has 22 of 24 teams with a better chance at the cup than the Pens. This despite being the most impacted in the NHL by injuries, by far, and still ended with the eighth best record in the NHL.

Time to play with a disrespect chip on the shoulders.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
McCurdy's model has 22 of 24 teams with a better chance at the cup than the Pens. This despite being the most impacted in the NHL by injuries, by far, and still ended with the eighth best record in the NHL.

I don’t remember. Were they really that bad in January-February?

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015

No offense, but I don't think a lot of people pay attention to Micah McCurdy. Especially not the players :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

mediocre and then getting worse as things approached March...had a good last game against NJD...let’s see if 4 months and having everyone back and healthy (except for likely Sid) makes as big a difference as we think

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

f*** him and his model.

We are winning the whole thing ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

They lost a lot of key players. Probably the biggest losses were believe it or not Marino and Dumo. That is including losing Jake and Crosby.

The defense had been one of the most effective in the NHL when healthy. Much maligned JJ was actually looking good on the ice and analytics based when down to the third pairing. First pairing with Letang was a predictable disaster.

Get back to the hockey that they were playing then and they will be fun to watch.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

Allow me another volley if I may sir:

tbc5P.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not saying it isn't possible or plausible that they beat us, but some of those guys must be using AWFUL metrics to predict Montreal as THAT heavily favored in this series.

I guess we’ll find out whether those RS analytics predict anything or whether the Pens can dominate...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

I don't believe for a second the players give a crap about what ''McCurdy's model'' says, I sure as hell don't, I can't imagine they do either. The Injury variable to me is huge here. You take away those caliber of players from any team, they're gonna be adversely affected. That's common sense. Of course not every team has a Geno or Sid caliber of player. Jake missed a good chunk of games, Dumo also. That's some quality players we sorely missed.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, when things shut down, we we're just getting bodies back with Dumo and Marino. 2 VERY key guys to make the engine run.
Sid was still wobbled a bit tho. We're hoping the time off means a better or more 100% Sid. Wait and see on that.
Geno's gotta set the tone here and do it penalty free.
And we need need good Letang in a huge way.
MP, JS are 2 key guys that need to step up here too.
I have faith in Marino.
Then simply pray JJ doesn't cost you too much.
I actually have more faith that JJ plays decently well than Letang playing very good.
We're gonna need some luck here with all the things above coming together.
Big woof if this roster can't get by this MTL roster.
I'd accept Price stealing the series but everything else resulting in MTL winning is a down right failure by PIT.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I haven't paid too much attention but is this just one singl They are playing games 12/4/8. The ice will be hell after a while. And also what happens if multiple games go to multiple OT?
kirk and i were talking about this earler. i was thinking there would be places like we have around pgh. with multalple rinks under one roof. with no fans they wouldn't need a lot of seating. so i saw no reason why they would not work better/ cheeper. but we got no response from any leaf fans ..... unless there is a legue rule that the pens must play on bad ice.:dunno:

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I think this is a good take. Anyone that thinks this will be easy is sorely mistaken, wouldn’t be shocked if Montreal won tonight. Let’s just hope Murray doesn’t suck and we don’t have to freak out about the goalie situation, because anything can happen with a long layoff and a shorter series especially...

Reactions: Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think this is a good take. Anyone that thinks this will be easy is sorely mistaken, wouldn’t be shocked if Montreal won tonight. Let’s just hope Murray doesn’t suck and we don’t have to freak out about the goalie situation, because anything can happen with a long layoff and a shorter series especially...

To be fair MTL's special teams are worse than ours. Gave up 2 shorties in the exhibition game.
MTL will win this series only at 5on5/evens or Price does a wall impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad