GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
The Flyers had little luck against us this year.

They lost the exhibition game against them, Sid and Geno are old, and Claude Giroux is the super bestest player in the world, galaxy, universe, space and time, and rabble rabble rabble CARTER HART!!!1111111111111111111 rabble rabble rabble. Purple monkey dishwasher.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Flyers had little luck against us this year.

Honestly, I’m not scared of any team this year outside of the usual fears about Boston.

The Pens will beat themselves as always if they lose.

That’s usually the Pens’ MO...I wouldn’t say the Flyers had little luck against us this past regular season...the three games were very even: early in the season before the Flyers had their new system in place the Pens beat them handily...then in January, the Flyers beat us handily...and the last game was pretty even like the exhibition game and went to OT...but Flyers have improved a lot since January ... Pens with new acquisitions and injured players were a ?...they play more structured than the Caps (and have better goaltending) which is why I think they’re a worse matchup but either Metro team would be a better first round opponent than Boston or Tampa

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They lost the exhibition game against them, Sid and Geno are old, and Claude Giroux is the super bestest player in the world, galaxy, universe, space and time, and rabble rabble rabble CARTER HART!!!1111111111111111111 rabble rabble rabble. Purple monkey dishwasher.

Who you calling a purple monkey dishwasher, you purple monkey dishwasher?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I mean, seriously...two questionable decisions could derail the Pens from the get go: starting Murray and playing JJ...let’s hope they outplay our expectations...lol
hockey is back, i'm off the covid form, teams healthy, snacks and drinks have been aquired, tv and chair warmed up. i'm a happy guy, all is well, and then you bring up this.:madfire:..to..:cry:..to..:scared:

Reactions: Andy99

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
tenor.gif

tom-hanks-qh1mJR.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's just not complain and "cheer" on the squad put forth. I want whomever is slotted in to have great games.

Don't dwell on the negatives and push through.

"It just doesn't matter...! Dat's the fact, Jack! I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's going to come down for quite awhile. Don't mess with me, pork chop. What day is this? Hey, Spaz, I was watchin' you out there. Looked like you had a chance there for a second. Baby steps! Are you coming back this way? What time? I get it... I get it... No one wants to talk to a guy in a tree, I get it. I had a really long talk with a squirrel one time, longer in fact than I can with most people.Was I talking out loud? Was I? Sorry."

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope Murray makes Sullivan look like a genius. That's all I can say.

I love Murray so I just want him to go into beast Murray mode. You can tell the guy was devastated after his father passed away. He's shown glimpses of returning to normal, but never sustains it. And life changes drastically when you go through that. It's not easy to pull through. But he's young and can figure it out.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why do people use this gif to start things? It is a failure gif. Nothing happens after this is said. It's like "here we go," NHL cancels season.

Errr what? It's an iconic moment and quote. It's said by everyone. It's right as the bombs were supposed to go off on the boats, but the people chose better. So it showed humanity was still in existence and evil was pushed to the side.

Amazing moment. Amazing movie.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Errr what? It's an iconic moment and quote. It's said by everyone. It's right as the bombs were supposed to go off on the boats, but the people chose better. So it showed humanity was still in existence and evil was pushed to the side.

Amazing moment. Amazing movie.
Sure, but it was a failure. As you said, things were supposed to happen, then didn't. And just because everyone says it, doesn't mean they use it right, see: "blood is thicker than water".

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Rangers only down 1 and get a PP to start the second. Considering how badly they were outplayed, I’d take it and run.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That’s usually the Pens’ MO...I wouldn’t say the Flyers had little luck against us this past regular season...the three games were very even: early in the season before the Flyers had their new system in place the Pens beat them handily...then in January, the Flyers beat us handily...and the last game was pretty even like the exhibition game and went to OT...but Flyers have improved a lot since January ... Pens with new acquisitions and injured players were a ?...they play more structured than the Caps (and have better goaltending) which is why I think they’re a worse matchup but either Metro team would be a better first round opponent than Boston or Tampa

We’ve dominated the Flyers like we have the Caps during the Sid and Geno era.

We won two of three games and the last game played between the teams saw us explode in the 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad