Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, C
Akim Aliu, RW
Lance Bouma, RW
Carter Bancks, LW
Paul Byron, LW
Gaelan Patterson, C
Chris Breen, D

Bolded are the ones I think we should sign... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Also, if there's any news on these players in the next few days, we can put it in this thread.

If players do not receive qualifying offers by the start of free agency (July 5) they become UFAs.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
If players do not receive qualifying offers by the start of free agency (July 5) they become UFAs.

I've read that the deadline for QOs this year is tomorrow, July 2nd. So we should hear about them pretty soon, several other teams have already released their info.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Mikael Backlund, C
Chris Butler, D
T.J. Brodie, D
Mark Cundari, D
Greg Nemisz, C
Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, C
Akim Aliu, RW
Lance Bouma, RW
Carter Bancks, LW
Paul Byron, LW
Gaelan Patterson, C
Chris Breen, D

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
The top 4 on that list are no question going to be re-signed.

Is Nemisz still worth keeping around? How much time does that guy get? I think it would be a mistake to let Aliu go. He is the agitator this team needs right now. Begin and MacGratton won't be re-signed IMO. Jackman has become pretty useless.

Stryker Island

Aug 12, 2012
Only reason you sign Byron is to trade him somewhere else. I have to believe that he does not have a future with the Flames.

Stryker Island

Aug 12, 2012
If it were me...

Mikael Backlund, C
Chris Butler, D
T.J. Brodie, D
Mark Cundari, D
Greg Nemisz, C
Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, C
Akim Aliu, RW
Lance Bouma, RW
Carter Bancks, LW
Paul Byron, LW
Gaelan Patterson, C
Chris Breen, D
Leland Irving, G

And then I trade Butler away as quickly as humanly possible.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We still need to ice an AHL team and Byron is starting to transition into a AHL veteran who can play all 3 forward positions. I would keep him around for one more year.

He isn't a bad player, but I find him very redundant. After the Iginla and Jbo trades, along signing Ramo, Berra and Granlund, to me I'm really interested on where our contract limit will be at.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He isn't a bad player, but I find him very redundant. After the Iginla and Jbo trades, along signing Ramo, Berra and Granlund, to me I'm really interested on where our contract limit will be at.

Right now we have 30 players under contract including Kipper (so really 29) so with my 9 + Monahan (I'm guessing) we will be at 39 contracts to start FA.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Right now we have 30 players under contract including Kipper (so really 29) so with my 9 + Monahan (I'm guessing) we will be at 39 contracts to start FA.

Does that include Ramo, Berra, D'Agostnini and Granlund? If Byron isn't just using up a space then I'm cool with keeping him.

First round bust

May 21, 2013
Calgary
If it were me...

Mikael Backlund, C
Chris Butler, D
T.J. Brodie, D
Mark Cundari, D
Greg Nemisz, C
Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, C
Akim Aliu, RW
Lance Bouma, RW
Carter Bancks, LW
Paul Byron, LW
Gaelan Patterson, C
Chris Breen, D
Leland Irving, G

And then I trade Butler away as quickly as humanly possible.

I like your list as I'm not high on Byron, and I think nemisz is terrible.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A quote from myself as to why we will see Nemisz get qualified.

This year was the first season Nemisz showed any regression and it was in a season in which he missed a large chunk due to injury as well as missed camp. It took him a bit to get going this year as a result but once he did the numbers didn't reflect his play. He was great along the boards, he drove hard to the net, created scoring chances and was big part of Reinhart's improvement in the second half.

Now add in the fact that Nemisz just finished his ELC, he was always supposed to be a project as a power forward, we have next to no RW prospects, next to no prospects with size and with all the players that will likely not be qualified or offered UFA contracts with the Heat and you would see it would more or less be stupid to not qualify him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mikael Backlund, C - Of Course he will
Chris Butler, D - Of course he will
T.J. Brodie, D - Of course he will
Mark Cundari, D - Of course he will
Greg Nemisz, C - Feaster said they would in the STH meetings
Brady Lamb, D - This depends on Culkin, Lamb had a great 2nd half but if Culkin is not returning to the Q then the ymay let Lamb walk.
Bryan Cameron, C
Akim Aliu, RW - Shouldn't but will, he was one of Feaster's first acquisitions and he won't give up on him just yet
Lance Bouma, RW - Of course he will
Carter Bancks, LW - Yes. But only for AHL depth, I would prefer a 2-3 year AHL only deal.
Paul Byron, LW - Yes and he should as Byron has yet to show what he can do through a healthy season. He was one of Feaster's first acquisitions and he won't give up on him just yet.
Gaelan Patterson, C
Chris Breen, D - NHL ready, would be stupid to not qualify him.

First round bust

May 21, 2013
Calgary
A quote from myself as to why we will see Nemisz get qualified.

I can respect your opinion but we shouldn't re-sign him just cause we don't have many rw we should look for another option. He hasn't shown much if any promise, and after 3 years even projects should have to show something, he's gotten worse. Nemisz I think has shown he was a product of good line mates in junior. Now after saying this I do know in all likelihood we do re-sign him, as feaster has said we would I guess I think it's a waste of a contract even though we have plenty to spare.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I can respect your opinion but we shouldn't re-sign him just cause we don't have many rw we should look for another option. He hasn't shown much if any promise, and after 3 years even projects should have to show something, he's gotten worse. Nemisz I think has shown he was a product of good line mates in junior. Now after saying this I do know in all likelihood we do re-sign him, as feaster has said we would I guess I think it's a waste of a contract even though we have plenty to spare.
he had 1 down year, he had improved every year other than that. You can't just look at 1 injury shortened (and hard luck) season and decide a guy hasn't developed. He has most definitely not "gotten worse" anyone that has watched him consistently would not say that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
When did we sign him?

It does include Berra and Granlund but not Ramo.

Pretty sure Feaster said him and Berra would officially be signed come this July. I really hope the fact that D'Agostini is really good friends with Gaudreau that helps him to ink here with no issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad