Speculation: Qualifying Offers

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No body should be defending aliu, waste of contract for a guy that can be easily replaced, also feel this way about Paul byron, although we do need a couple vets on the heat to help our guys coming in this year, haven't givin up on nemisz yet, but for me he's got this year to get himself going or we let him go, he needs to find his way on the flames roster when we get injuries, we're going to be a bottom feeder, and if he can't get there this year again, no way he can crack the roster of a better team.

No one is defending Aliu, we're just saying Nemisz is useless too. If we're talking about a guy to play RW on the 4th line my answer is neither of them. But I'd take Aliu ahead of Nemisz for that spot. Does anyone honestly think either of them is a top 9 forward? If the RW spot is the enforcer slot, the Nemisz brings no value to the position and he's not good enough to play in our top 9 even during a rebuild. These wingers are all way ahead of him: Bartschi, Cammaleri, Stempniak, Glencross, Hudler, Galliardi and Jones. So there is really only the 4th line RW spot up for grabs. I think it goes to Bouma ahead of either guy. I'd put Hanowksi ahead too.

bigchief12

Feb 22, 2010
Calgary
Really glad they gave Nemisz a QO. You can't measure him using last season. He has way more brains, skill and potential upside than Aliu who I won't miss too much. Last chance for Nemisz, hope he pans out.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Really glad they gave Nemisz a QO. You can't measure him using last season. He has way more brains, skill and potential upside than Aliu who I won't miss too much. Last chance for Nemisz, hope he pans out.

His latest disappointing season factors in alongside all his other disappointing seasons.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
sometimes you really have zero clue. I am willing to bet you have never actually seen him play

You'd lose your money again. Every Flames fan has seen him play. He played in the NHL for crying out loud. Heat games are also broadcast. The organization gave him a 1 year deal. Maybe they've never seen him play too?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Nemisz had 30 goals in the AHL. The only problem is it's over 3 seasons and 174 games. He's a poor skater, so you really can't use him on a shutdown line and he doesn't bring enough energy/physicality to be a 4th liner. He's a future AHL call-up at best and he wouldn't even be very good at that. Sometimes you have to be realistic about players you like. I had to with Boyd, I thought he'd be a top 6er. He never was, Nemisz never will be either.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You'd lose your money again. Every Flames fan has seen him play. He played in the NHL for crying out loud. Heat games are also broadcast. The organization gave him a 1 year deal. Maybe they've never seen him play too?

The organization gave him a qualifying offer, every qualifying offer is one year. I guess by your logic that means TJ Brodie isn't in the plans either right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The organization gave him a qualifying offer, every qualifying offer is one year. I guess by your logic that means TJ Brodie isn't in the plans either right?
23 year old offensive guys who average 10 goals per season in the AHL are not legitimate prospect. You must love Howse right? Sometimes guys are busts, pointing it out doesn't mean you don't cheer for your team.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I will say the amount of defense Nemisz is receiving in this thread is disproportionate to what he has done on the ice for this franchise.

Glad we qualified him all the same though, still to early to pull the plug.

Jarna

Jun 4, 2010
ŁÃ³dź
www.nhl.com
Does anyone of you know what kind of contract has been presented for our RFA players ? I mean length and number of money ?

P.S Sorry for my english but I think you understood the message :)

Gary83*

I will say the amount of defense Nemisz is receiving in this thread is disproportionate to what he has done on the ice for this franchise.

Glad we qualified him all the same though, still to early to pull the plug.

Basically my thoughts. Nemisz has had some injury issues, so hopefully he stays injury free, I think the only way he makes and stays in the NHL is by becoming a lot more physical, actually using his size, didn't really watch him play this past year, but have always come away unimpressed with him.

Still maintain that we have the wrong coach in Troy Ward, but we'll see how things play out.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Does anyone of you know what kind of contract has been presented for our RFA players ? I mean length and number of money ?

P.S Sorry for my english but I think you understood the message :)

Typically the qualifying offer is the dollar amount from their last contract for one year, with a small raise if they make less than $1 million. It's used to keep the players rights while a new contract is negotiated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad