Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th - Part II

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Realistic? It was overly negative and looking at things in a negative light. What is there to be so negative about?
For the careful reader, that was a bit of tongue-in-cheek prose there at a few points. I've been portrayed, admittedly accurately, as a negativist here, so I was playing on that; and my last line, not being able to get excited, inasfar as hockey is concerned, was a bit of cheeky innuendo, but I digress.

To be sure, I'm not optimistic, but, as has been pointed out by other posters herein, one man's "negative" is another man's "factual."

We are still really a one line team at this point. Could that change and a youngster or two have a breakout year? Sure. But at this point, that hasn't happened.
Are we hampered by pretty weak acquisitions/contracts/buyouts/failed draft picks? The answer is yes, and it's really not debatable. Could we overcome that? Perhaps, but at this point, we are hampered.

Drawing inside straights is possible, but it's not frequent.

KrecjiMVP framed it quite well; we're looking to win it all.

Those claiming that the Caps lucked into a Cup weren't paying attention; their management has run circles around ours.

Yes, we're have been and will likely remain a good, entertaining team with just as good a shot to win as a lot of other teams, with some luck, karma and health, but let's just say that our acquisitional missteps, to include perhaps this trade of McQ54, have not helped.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
For the careful reader, that was a bit of tongue-in-cheek prose there at a few points. I've been portrayed, admittedly accurately, as a negativist here, so I was playing on that; and my last line, not being able to get excited, inasfar as hockey is concerned, was a bit of cheeky innuendo, but I digress.

To be sure, I'm not optimistic, but, as has been pointed out by other posters herein, one man's "negative" is another man's "factual."

We are still really a one line team at this point. Could that change and a youngster or two have a breakout year? Sure. But at this point, that hasn't happened.
Are we hampered by pretty weak acquisitions/contracts/buyouts/failed draft picks? The answer is yes, and it's really not debatable. Could we overcome that? Perhaps, but at this point, we are hampered.

Drawing inside straights is possible, but it's not frequent.

KrecjiMVP framed it quite well; we're looking to win it all.

Those claiming that the Caps lucked into a Cup weren't paying attention; their management has run circles around ours.

Yes, we're have been and will likely remain a good, entertaining team with just as good a shot to win as a lot of other teams, with some luck, karma and health, but let's just say that our acquisitional missteps, to include perhaps this trade of McQ54, have not helped.

Not surprisingly, I disagree with a few things.

I think Pasta gets moved down with Krejci and one of the young guns ends up with 63 and 37. That would make this team more than a “one line” squad.

I think between Grizz and a couple of the young D, the B’s feel they have enough depth on the blue line. The money they save on McQ ($2.75m) gives them more than $5m in space. Space that can be used towards adding a Top 6 player if the DK/Pasta experiment doesn’t work.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
So because he isn't Bourque, Neely, Orr he can't be someones favorite Bruin? Interesting.
people get "favorite" and "best" confused all the time.

"Look at the Rain" by The Meat Puppets is one of my favorite songs, but it is definitely not the best song.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
i didnt find it that negative, more it went against the Sweeney echo chamber that all is great and we should be quiet. His concerns about having 1 line and the Bruins being hampered by bad contacts and buyouts are completely legitimate to have concerns over
Bad contracts? I'm maybe missing the plural here, I see Backes and maybe Krejci as the worst contracts on the team, and even then they aren't crippling by any means. I would even go so far to argue that paying an 8th dman almost 3 mil might have been the biggest waste of money on the team.

Additionally, you can't want the Bruins to add someone on forward because we are only a one line team or for them to make improvements in other spots, and then at the same time turn around and be upset that they freed up 2.75 mil by getting rid of McQ which could now go towards other improvements either immediately or at the trade deadline.

And contrary to what posters who don't like what Sweeney has done so far loves to claim, no one is saying that there aren't concerns with the team either, it would be ignorant to say that this team is perfect or that it can't improve. Linesmen's post was ripped into because it was very much doom and gloom which overshadowed some of the legitimate points he made (obviously his latest post clarified that he was purposely being a lot more negative than how he actually feels).

EDIT: I guess we can put Beleskey in the bad contracts, but he's long gone.

Last edited:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
people get "favorite" and "best" confused all the time.

"Look at the Rain" by The Meat Puppets is one of my favorite songs, but it is definitely not the best song.

I don't doubt people confuse the two. That said I'm not doing that here. I just don't particularly champion the 6th D fighters as much as other people. I used to respect them though before all the CTE stuff. But that part of the game is vanishing a bit more every year into hockey nostalgia. Truth is that people shouldn't be punching each other in the head like that. It's putting them in harms way and we know that now. Another 20 years of Bruins hockey and it'll almost all be gone.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't doubt people confuse the two. That said I'm not doing that here. I just don't particularly champion the 6th D fighters as much as other people. I used to respect them though before all the CTE stuff. But that part of the game is vanishing a bit more every year into hockey nostalgia. Truth is that people shouldn't be punching each other in the head like that. It's putting them in harms way and we know that now. Another 20 years of Bruins hockey and it'll almost all be gone.

McQuaid had 6 fights lasting what a total of ten minutes? So that’s all he contributed the entire year?

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Okay but what does all this have to do with you making a snide comment because someone considers McQuaid an all time favorite Bruin?

Sergei Samsonov is my all time favorite Bruin and it’s not like he’s one of the best bruins to ever play.

At the end of the day, who gives a f*** if someone likes a player who maybe isn’t going to be one of the best on the team?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Watch the rangers make the playoffs. Smart trade by both teams especially the rags IMO. We will miss Quaider!

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
When 54 was in the lineup every player on both teams knew he was out there. For those who don't think that is still a factor in the "modern NHL" your dead wrong.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He's a heart and soul guy...

Are the Rangers that bad?

The Rangers will be fighting to stay out of the bottom of the division, not for a wild card.

Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Jersey are all still better as the former playoff teams
If Carolina finally gets goaltender they are easily above them.
I think Philly is a better team as well.

That leaves NYR and NYI fighting out the bottom slot. Love what McQuaid brings. Change any of that he does not.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
The Rangers will be fighting to stay out of the bottom of the division, not for a wild card.

Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Jersey are all still better as the former playoff teams
If Carolina finally gets goaltender they are easily above them.
I think Philly is a better team as well.

That leaves NYR and NYI fighting out the bottom slot. Love what McQuaid brings. Change any of that he does not.
We will see. Rangers have no pressure, are young, and a great goalie.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
We will see. Rangers have no pressure, are young, and a great goalie.

They also don't have that many good players. Being young doesn't mean anything if they aren't talented. The defense is a disaster.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
When 54 was in the lineup every player on both teams knew he was out there. For those who don't think that is still a factor in the "modern NHL" your dead wrong.

I'm sure it a factor....so is the fact that he was the 8th dman and wasn't going to see much action. Can't imagine he has much affect watching in a suit and eating popcorn

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Watch the rangers make the playoffs. Smart trade by both teams especially the rags IMO. We will miss Quaider!

So much would have to break right.

Devils could possibly take a step back. Islanders will be no threat IMO. Pens caps and jackets are locks IMO. Bruins, Lightning and Leafs are locks.

The last two spots will be a dog fight between the Devils, Flyers, Canes and Panthers IMO. Rangers could sneak in there if all goes very very well.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm sure it a factor....so is the fact that he was the 8th dman and wasn't going to see much action. Can't imagine he has much affect watching in a suit and eating popcorn

Kevan Miller has played less games than Adam McQuaid the past what three seasons due to injuries? All it would have taken is him to get an injury which is all but a given.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kevan Miller has played less games than Adam McQuaid the past what three seasons due to injuries? All it would have taken is him to get an injury which is all but a given.

Last 3 seasons:

Miller - 197 games played
McQuaid - 179 games played

Its taken me longer to write this response than it did for me to look up their GP for the last 3 seasons. Instead of just assuming something, look it up before you just throw it out there. This how things like "David Krejci is injury prone" (not saying you started it) start to spread among folks that rather just take someones word for it vs actually researching it themselves.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I still miss this guy.

That said, I'm well aware he would've been limited in gameplay this year, save for other D getting injured.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad