Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th - Part II

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm excited about some aspects of this team, curious about others.

Excited to see the (hopefully) continued impact of young players like DeBrusk, Pasta, Donato, Kuraly, Bjork, Cehlarik, Heinen and others. Another year of growth for McAvoy, Carlo and Grizz.

Curious to see how the bottom 6 shakes out with Wagner, Nordtrom et al coming aboard, as well as whether young players like JFK and Studnicka make the jump this year.

Bring it on!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Wow.
Adam McQuaid gets dealt and we are on the second thread about it.

Did not see that coming. When was the last time a Bruins trade got this much focus?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wow this trade actually made it to a Part II thread. I would have never imagined that trading our 7th/8th d-man going into the season would be such a hot topic.

If this isn't a sign that the season needs to start, I don't know what is.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Wow this trade actually made it to a Part II thread. I would have never imagined that trading our 7th/8th d-man going into the season would be such a hot topic.

If this isn't a sign that the season needs to start, I don't know what is.

It's not like he's a depth defenceman you've had for a season and a half. This guys been underrated and a Bruins warrior for years. He's my all time favourite Bruin and as a Habs fan I can like him a little more now.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I think what this thread accurately illustrates is the complete lack of trust a large portion of this fan base has in the GM. Even trading a depth player gets torched and nit picked to death.

I’d like to think it’s possible to have a nice, sentimental thread about Quaider without turning it into the Big Bad Bruins vs Twelve Alex Semins debate.

I wish Adam all the best in New York and hope he earns the opportunity for one last NHL contract. I thought he really struggled when had was forced to play early in the year but then really made a difference when he got back in the lineup at the end of the year.

As far as the current state of the defence, I see no cause for concern. With Moore they have the flexibility to shelter Krug a little bit more and Kampfer can get paid very little to sit in the press box. I’d prefer Zboril or others play full time in Providence than fill that role while Kampfer eats up the popcorn.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
All time fave Bruin? wow. Bar is low.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I'm a new fan compared to most people on here. I only really started watching hockey in 2010. I was a casual Bruins fan before that. Whenever hockey was on and people would start talking about their favorite teams (My twin was a Red Wings fan before we moved to VA) I'd always just say "Bruins" because I'd watched them spank the Panthers in Florida when I was a wee lad.

For me, Quaider's been one of the guys that I've loved watching play. I wasn't around to see Neely or Bourque. I wasn't around to see Sanderson or anybody else of the glorious old ages. For me it was Lucic and Quaider, all the way. Thornton was great too. I loved all three of them. It's sad they're all moved on now.

I'm probably gonna be REALLY sad when Chara hangs em up

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
KrejciMVP said:
It's good that you're excited and confident. The original post by Real linesman was a more realistic analysis of this years team though.

Realistic? It was overly negative and looking at things in a negative light. What is there to be so negative about?

i didnt find it that negative, more it went against the Sweeney echo chamber that all is great and we should be quiet. His concerns about having 1 line and the Bruins being hampered by bad contacts and buyouts are completely legitimate to have concerns over

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
i didnt find it that negative, more it went against the Sweeney echo chamber that all is great and we should be quiet. His concerns about having 1 line and hampered by bad contacts and buyouts are completely legitimate to have concerns over

The bolded is complete nonsense

In your view, is there any reason to be happy about this team or excited about this season?

Reactions: Pia8988

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
KrejciMVP said:
It's good that you're excited and confident. The original post by Real linesman was a more realistic analysis of this years team though.

Realistic? It was overly negative and looking at things in a negative light. What is there to be so negative about?
For him? Tom Brady doesn't play hockey

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Lou asked me a question and I answered it. sorry

There are plenty of people who constantly share reasonable concerns with Sweeney and the team. The fact that you basically just brushed off everyone who disagrees with you as part of a pro-Sweeney echo chamber is silly.

Then I asked you a question and you ignored it

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's not like he's a depth defenceman you've had for a season and a half. This guys been underrated and a Bruins warrior for years. He's my all time favourite Bruin and as a Habs fan I can like him a little more now.

No, but the consensus going into the season was he wouldn't see much playing time. Its just mind blowing that we are in the 2nd thread on trading a guy who wasn't going to play much and had no future with the team. Quite honestly most of it wasn't even about McQuaid, it was one group complaining about the direction of the team, while the other side defended the opposite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad