Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th - Part II

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So much would have to break right.

Devils could possibly take a step back. Islanders will be no threat IMO. Pens caps and jackets are locks IMO. Bruins, Lightning and Leafs are locks.

The last two spots will be a dog fight between the Devils, Flyers, Canes and Panthers IMO. Rangers could sneak in there if all goes very very well.

I think the Islanders may surprise. They won't be among the top Eastern teams, but new coach with good defensive system, a revitalized Robin Lehner in net, a bit of a chip on the shoulder of the rest of the group after watching their superstar leave town and everyone write them off. I think they can be in that dog fight, even if they likely don't make it in the end.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Last 3 seasons:

Miller - 197 games played
McQuaid - 179 games played

Its taken me longer to write this response than it did for me to look up their GP for the last 3 seasons. Instead of just assuming something, look it up before you just throw it out there. This how things like "David Krejci is injury prone" (not saying you started it) start to spread among folks that rather just take someones word for it vs actually researching it themselves.

typo meant 4 seasons.

Krejci is prone to injury, not sure if that's the same thing as injury prone.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think the Islanders may surprise. They won't be among the top Eastern teams, but new coach with good defensive system, a revitalized Robin Lehner in net, a bit of a chip on the shoulder of the rest of the group after watching their superstar leave town and everyone write them off. I think they can be in that dog fight, even if they likely don't make it in the end.

Could be. The remaining guys on the team are pretty pissed JT ditched em so I hope they make it as 8th seed and Leafs win Presidents Trophy then lose round 1

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I watched Adam's debut with the Rangers the other night. By his own admission (he was on first intermission interview) he's still learning the Ranger system and right now just keeping things simple when he's out there.

I'll be watching a lot of Ranger games this season.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Those claiming that the Caps lucked into a Cup weren't paying attention; their management has run circles around ours.

While I in no way want to discredit the Caps and their management on their cup victory (they earned it like any other cup winner, you don't luck into a cup win, although you do need luck to get there).

Ran circles around the Bruins management?

The had to let almost 50 goals from the previous year (2016-17) go because of cap issues in the form of Johansson and Williams.

3 of the D they let go (including expansion) played 20+ minutes a game last year, so they lost 3 quality D-men in the same off-season.

They sent out a 1st rounder + to rent Shattenkirk in 2017

A 2nd rounder + for a year and a 1/4 of Winnik in 2016

A 2nd and 3rd to rent Glencross in 2015. Another 4th that same year to rent Tim Gleason.

That's not to say they haven't made some nice acquistions. Eller, Oshie, and Kempny were all nice pick-ups for them at relatively low cost.

But if Sweeney had done what the Caps management did and didn't deliver a Stanley Cup victory, some folks around here would be roasting him more than they already do.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
typo meant 4 seasons.

Weird typo considering Three and Four share no common letters. Now had you used the actual number, I could understand it being a typo. Either way lets just pretend like it was a typo.

Last 4 seasons:

Miller - 238 games played
McQuaid - 242 games played

We're talking about a difference of 4 freaking games between the two of them over the last 4 seasons.

Krejci is prone to injury, not sure if that's the same thing as injury prone.

YearGP%
12-1398%
13-1498%
14-1557%
15-1688%
16-17100%
17-1878%
Total86%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
From the lock till now these are the % of available games Krejci has played in (not including playoffs). Outside of two seasons, I'd say Krejci has been fairly healthy.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Weird typo considering Three and Four share no common letters. Now had you used the actual number, I could understand it being a typo. Either way lets just pretend like it was a typo.

Last 4 seasons:

Miller - 238 games played
McQuaid - 242 games played

We're talking about a difference of 4 freaking games between the two of them over the last 4 seasons.

YearGP%
12-1398%
13-1498%
14-1557%
15-1688%
16-17100%
17-1878%
Total86%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
From the lock till now these are the % of available games Krejci has played in (not including playoffs). Outside of two seasons, I'd say Krejci has been fairly healthy.

Typo meaning I misremembered (I pointed out the fact that “Killer” (lol) is made from the same porcelain McQ has been I guess. didn’t realize you were so literal Haha.

Krejci 100pct season was capped off by missing 3 crucial playoff games...last four years he’s missed time and if expect him to miss more again. That’s being prone to injury imo and cannot be questioned as anything but fact the past four seasons

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Typo meaning I misremembered (I pointed out the fact that “Killer” (lol) is made from the same porcelain McQ has been I guess. didn’t realize you were so literal Haha.

I give you credit, you're great at spinning things lol

Krejci 100pct season was capped off by missing 3 crucial playoff games...last four years he’s missed time and if expect him to miss more again. That’s being prone to injury imo and cannot be questioned as anything but fact the past four seasons

If missing time indicates injury prone, then just about every player in the NHL is injury prone lol. Over the last 3 seasons, only 11 players have played 246 games (3 seasons at 82 games). How many games does someone need to play per season to not be labeled injury prone?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I give you credit, you're great at spinning things lol

If missing time indicates injury prone, then just about every player in the NHL is injury prone lol. Over the last 3 seasons, only 11 players have played 246 games (3 seasons at 82 games). How many games does someone need to play per season to not be labeled injury prone?

He's missed 20% of the games he was eligible to play in the past four years (Chara 11%, Bergeron and Marchand 8%, Krug 6%). Before that, he was a rock. Are you saying Krejci is not prone to injury now? If so, I disagree and I would think most Bruins fans would feel he is, but maybe I am wrong?

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Could be. The remaining guys on the team are pretty pissed JT ditched em so I hope they make it as 8th seed and Leafs win Presidents Trophy then lose round 1

I just love the idea that the Isles guys have a serious issue with Tavares leaving and by extension the Leafs. Hopefully they give them a lot of problems

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He's missed 20% of the games he was eligible to play in the past four years. Before that, he was a rock. Are you saying Krejci is not prone to injury now? If so, I disagree and I would think most Bruins fans would feel he is, but maybe I am wrong?

Look we can play the numbers game to skew the argument in our own favor all we want. Case and point:

Over the last 3 seasons he's missed 11% of the games he was eligible for. Factoring in the guys age and games played over his career, I'd say that's not bad.

Why stop at 4 years though? Probably because its his worst GP% over the last 6 years and it drops his % significantly to make your point sound better? I mean really which of these makes your point sound best about Krejci being injury prone?

2 years - 98% GP
3 years - 89% GP
4 years - 81% GP
5 years - 84% GP
6 years - 86% GP

giphy.gif

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Look we can play the numbers game to skew the argument in our own favor all we want. Case and point:

Over the last 3 seasons he's missed 11% of the games he was eligible for. Factoring in the guys age and games played over his career, I'd say that's not bad.

Why stop at 4 years though? Probably because its his worst GP% over the last 6 years and it drops his % significantly to make your point sound better? I mean really which of these makes your point sound best about Krejci being injury prone?

2 years - 98% GP
3 years - 89% GP
4 years - 81% GP
5 years - 84% GP
6 years - 86% GP

giphy.gif

I said he used to be a rock and then four years ago became prone to injury. If you don't think he is, then good on you. I guess you feel the same way about Kevan Miller, so again, good on you. I see it a different way. Hey maybe they will both be different this year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

2 years - 98% GP
3 years - 89% GP
4 years - 81% GP
5 years - 84% GP
6 years - 86% GP

giphy.gif

I said he used to be a rock and then four years ago became prone to injury. If you don't think he is, then good on you. I guess you feel the same way about Kevan Miller, so again, good on you. I see it a different way. Hey maybe they will both be different this year.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
NHL finally released the conditions for the 7th round pick from the Rangers,from Cap Friendly
Conditions: If McQuaid plays in at least 25 games in the 2018-19 season OR if the Rangers trade McQuaid at any point during the 2018-19 season, Bruins will also receive a 7th round pick in 2019

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
NHL finally released the conditions for the 7th round pick from the Rangers,from Cap Friendly
Conditions: If McQuaid plays in at least 25 games in the 2018-19 season OR if the Rangers trade McQuaid at any point during the 2018-19 season, Bruins will also receive a 7th round pick in 2019
So 1 more game for McQuaid and they get it.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well I was half-right. They've been a surprise for the reasons outlined and more, but they've been even better than this.

Seriously though, has an NHL team every gone from the 31st in GAA in one season to 1st in GAA the next? Don't look now but right this minute that is the Islanders.

If that continues and Trotz doesn't win the Jack Adams it will be a travesty.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
So 1 more game for McQuaid and they get it.

considering there's a 99.9% chance the rangers trade him, that pick is ours anyway.
mcquaid has been excellent for them this year. he's been a stabilizing defensive force and
seems to have a positive effect on skjei's game as well. assuming they get a 3rd round pick
at the deadline, that's a win-win trade (unless he ends up in toronto :thumbd:).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad