Confirmed with Link: QO: Dach, Primeau, Schnarr, Teasdale & Montembeault

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Teams that want to compete in the NHL playoffs don't usually say that.
Oh you're talking about the deadline. At which point they would say "no thanks, he would be a 4th liner for us and he doesn't bring the elements we want on our 4th line - we'd take him for a 6th but that's it". I like the guy but he was claimed on waivers twice last year and had a PDO hot streak on a basement team. For most contenders he's a 4th liner and most contenders like to have more jam on their 4th line, or at the very least some defensive value.

They kept him around instead because he was a warm body who filled a role in the top 9 while they ran out the clock on the year. There's no sense moving him at the deadline for a 6th or whatever garbage would have been offered. If that's all you're being offered just keep the guy around and try to sign him, and if you can't it really doesn't matter.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Should've moved Pitlick at the deadline knowing that... Another Hughes L.

He's been racking them up lately.
Hughes probably thought he would've been able to move out more players to create cap space. Petry deal never materialized, and it was thought that Weber was going to Arizona. Having to take back Dadonov from Vegas probably wasn't part of his plan at the deadline.

Hughes' first trades were no brainers. It's easy to trade players that have value. Toffoli, Chiarot, and Lehkonen all had good value. Kulak was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting a 2nd for him. The rest of the contracts he wanted to move are a little harder to move. Habs are in a vulnerable position with their cap situation. I expect to see some more stinker moves before this all over.

Reactions: A stormy night

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
Called it before this year started that Brook was not the hype he was getting despite the injuries and that it was going to be a make or break year for him.

Following him will soon be Struble and Norlinder and we’ll finally be rid of all the Timmins picks that his cheerleaders were kept to tell me were Top 4 d’s along with Mete.
Not sure if it’s a Timmins thing or just the constant over-fantasizing of any young player with a youtube reel.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Wonder what's going on with Mony? Interesting signing.... I wonder if there will be a team that wants to give him a try?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Brook was hyped up on the Reddit Habs board. I think he was good in the WHL. Nasty injury has pretty much derailed his career but I can see some team kicking the tires on him. Maybe the Habs will sign him for Laval.

Rem Pitlick is an interesting omission. Not sure what the plan is.
I forgot who it was but one of the OG posters argued with me that we should let go of Petry to make room for Brook a few years back.
I hope he reads this today and feels ultimate shame.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
eeeee

Slaf is fine but Id much rather other players ahead of him.
Dach could be great but probably won't and he 100% won't be better than Nazar and you can quote me on that.
Beck, I expect to be good, I even see him as better than most people. I think he has 2C upside. Its who they left on the board that is the problem, they went for a reach for no reasons and left great talent there.
I love the « you can quote me on that » such a strong statement. I wish I could quote every know-it-all here whooo loooves prospects over anything (probably more than winning Stanley Cups).

Guess what you know damn well nobody is quoting you on Dach-Nazar in 5 years…

so stop trolling your goofiness and trying to be a smart ass… you don’t know…

WhY dIdNt HuGhes TrAde PItliCcck thEn … wHaT a L

damn if gorton was your buddy we would be in such better shape , damn it !

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
If anyone told me this was how the josh brook story ended a few years ago I'd have been shocked. All the best to the player.

Some prospects who were hyped to infinity and did a lot less than Brook. It happens. See Collberg or Avtsin aka Ovechkin lite.
Until they're in a Habs jersey performing, its all unrealized profit.
The end of the story for a prospect is more often than not what some fans would label as a failure (i dont).

Sometimes its an injury, sometimes the step is too high. It is what it is.
But I was never that high on Brook to be 100% honest.

Reactions: Fenris

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not that surprising. Good offensive season for an undersized player on the back of really unsustainable percentages. He was a prime overpay candidate.
Qualifying is not overpaying him though. His QO was in the 1 millions range. This said maybe he's asking too much and they offered him to other teams and nobody wanted to pay for him in which case yeah qualifying him was wasting everyone's time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I forgot who it was but one of the OG posters argued with me that we should let go of Petry to make room for Brook a few years back.
I hope he reads this today and feels ultimate shame.
It was me.

Petry would've brought back a haul. Brook wouldve busted anyway. The Habs don't win a cup anyway. The franchise in a better state today than it is right now.

Thanks, making me look like a genius

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Qualifying is not overpaying him though. His QO was in the 1 millions range. This said maybe he's asking too much and they offered him to other teams and nobody wanted to pay for him in which case yeah qualifying him was wasting everyone's time.

If he's qualified, then he can elect for arbitration and if the number is less than $4,538,958, then that's his contract with Montreal. Qualify him and he has a lot of control to get a 1 year overpay.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Came here thinking that it was a bad idea to let Rem go, but it's clear to me now that it was the good move. We were used to MB resigning Byron, Armia, Weise, Prust... These spots should always be filled with our most productive ready AHLers until we are ready to compete, and the team is already at full capacity on the wings

Forgot to quote the poster who reminded me that we'll be first in line for waivers come next training camp. We might be able to grab a RHD who has Pitlick value, or a player with a higher ceiling, which would be way better for us in the long run. If not, it's a younger-Byron kind of loss, a fair gamble imo

Reactions: jrom

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Right, because winning WHL Dman of the year as a 19 YO, something even our very own GEM Kaiden Guhle couldnt do is nothing.
Because going 1.3 PPG in the WHL as a Dman of of 19YO is nothing. Turn in the picks, Guhles a bust.

Guhle's a bust, every pick in the draft is bad, we should've traded PItlick at the deadline, I'm MMrb1p and I know every goddamn thing.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
It was me.

Petry would've brought back a haul. Brook wouldve busted anyway. The Habs don't win a cup anyway. The franchise in a better state today than it is right now.

you had no idea tho… and he wasn’t talking about trading petry … he was specifically speaking about trading petry and playing Brook … nice gymnastics tho

can’t believe it was actually you he was talkmg about loll

such a genius

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Guhle's a bust, every pick in the draft is bad, we should've traded PItlick at the deadline, I'm MMrb1p and I know every goddamn thing.

Youre goddamn right

you had no idea tho… and he wasn’t talking about trading petry … he was specifically speaking about trading petry and playing Brook … nice gymnastics tho

can’t believe it was actually you he was talkmg about loll

such a genius

Damn a prospect busted because of injuries, stop the presses. Youre holding me up to standards even NHL teams don't have for their scouts, thats nice of you.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
It was me.

I respect the fact that you are leaning into it. But no. It doesnt make you look like a genius. If you were ready to make room for Josh Brook at that time? It is past Grant McCagg territory.

If you would've targeted a young player from another organization who was near ready, or if we had someone ready to skate those minutes within our system, by all means.

But Josh Brook? I still respectfully disagree my friend. Makes no sense, bapa.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I respect the fact that you are leaning into it. But no. It doesnt make you look like a genius. If you were ready to make room for Josh Brook at that time? It is past Grant McCagg territory.

If you would've targeted a young player from another organization who was near ready, or if we had someone ready to skate those minutes within our system, by all means.

But Josh Brook? I still respectfully disagree my friend. Makes no sense, bapa.
If you remember I was calling for a few names. Brook, Lindell, Hague. The only reason why Brook isnt in that conversation is because of injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
For a comparison, went through the non tendered list, the main ones (most are forwards, most are 25-26 years old):

Sonny Milano Ana 66gp 14g 20a
Sam Steel Ana 68gp 6 14a
Christian Fischer Arz 53gp 5g 5a
Kyle Capobianco D Arz 45gp 2g 7a
Cam Dineen D Arz 34gp 0g 7a
Dylan Strome Chi 69gp 22g 26a
Dominik Kubalik Chi 78gp 15g 17a
Gabriel Carlsson D Clb 38gp 2g 7a
Nicolas Aube-Kubel Col 74gp 11g 12a
Mitchell Stephens Det 27gp 0g 6a
Olli Juolevi D Det 18gp 0g 0a
Brendan Perlini Edm 23gp 4g 1a
Brendan Lemieux LA 50gp 8g 5a
Rem Pitlick Mtl 66gp 15g 22a
Kale Clague D Mtl 36gp 2g 8a
Matt Luff Nas 24gp 3g 3a
Adam Gaudette Ott 50gp 4g 8a
Victor Mete D Ott 37 gp 0g 7a
Danton Heinen Pit 76gp 18g 15a
Jonathen Dahlen SJ 61gp 12g 10a
Nicolas Meloche D SJ 50gp 2g 5a
Ryan Donato Sea 73gp 16g 15a
Daniel Sprong Sea 62gp 13g 6a
Haydn Fleury D Sea 36gp 2g 2a
Ondej Kase Tor 50gp 14g 13a
Juho Lammikko Van 75gp 7g 8a
Matthew Highmore Van 46gp 5g 7a
Brett Howden Veg 47gp 9g 11a
Ilya Samsonov G Was 44gp 23-12-5 3.02gaa .896sp
Evgeny Svechnikov 71gp 7g 12a

Hawks are making things interesting.

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
If you remember I was calling for a few names. Brook, Lindell, Hague. The only reason why Brook isnt in that conversation is because of injuries.

Nope. I dont remember that at all. Maybe it wasnt you then. Because that was a truly horrible take. The equivalent of trading Caufield to make room for Belpedio.

Anyway, it is Out of Town talk now I guess. I hope Josh gets better and that he gets another crack at it with another team.

Reactions: nicehiss

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nope. I dont remember that at all. Maybe it wasnt you then. Because that was a truly horrible take. The equivalent of trading Caufield to make room for Belpedio.

Anyway, it is Out of Town talk now I guess. I hope Josh gets better and that he gets another crack at it with another team.
The goal was to move an aging vet at max value to help the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad