OT: PyeongChang 2018 Olympics

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Scoring race old-Oilers/Oilers familiars (I probably forgot some)

Omark 0 G 3 A
Roy 0 G 3 A
Lander 1 G 0 A
Hartikainen 0 G 1 A
Radunske 0 G 1 A
Brule 0 G 0 A
Klinkhammer 0 G 0 A
Arcobello 0 G 0 A
Horak 0 G 0 A
Plante 0 G 0 A
Radunske?

Don’t remember this guy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Omark 0 G 3 A
Roy 0 G 3 A
Lander 1 G 0 A
Hartikainen 0 G 1 A
Radunske 0 G 1 A
Brule 0 G 0 A
Klinkhammer 0 G 0 A
Arcobello 0 G 0 A
Horak 0 G 0 A
Plante 0 G 0 A

I honestly never even noticed Brule once. even at this diminished level of hockey. I couldn't tell you what number he was wearing or one good play he made.

This is probably fortunate but I barely remember some of the above. For instance Horak, Radunske. I kind of liked Hartikainen, totally forgot about him though. He was good when he brought the big player game.

Reactions: LaGu

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It'll be interesting to see how many of the guys over there get offered contracts or PTO's around the league. It's a golden opportunity for them in more ways than one.
I saw Jim Rutherford on tv yesterday. He was asked if the Penguins have any scouts at the Olympics and he said they didn’t.

NHL GM’s and scouts know who these players are and they don’t think they’re NHL caliber anymore. I think we’ve learned in the last few years how big the talent gap is now between the NHL and everywhere else too.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I honestly never even noticed Brule once. even at this diminished level of hockey. I couldn't tell you what number he was wearing or one good play he made.

This is probably fortunate but I barely remember some of the above. For instance Horak, Radunske. I kind of liked Hartikainen, totally forgot about him though. He was good when he brought the big player game.
Horak was in the Smid deal with Broisolt wasn’t he? I remember being annoyed with Mactavish when he bolted back to Europe not long after the Oilers acquired him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Horak was in the Smid deal with Broisolt wasn’t he? I remember being annoyed with Mactavish when he bolted back to Europe not long after the Oilers acquired him.

Thanks, I don't remember seeing much of him. Afairc he played one game here. The guy escaped the Oilers. He should have a post hockey career of predicting the future. ;)

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Getting highlights for the Olympics is always so dumb.

Yeah, I love seeing slideshows of the game because it's not through NBC. :|

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I just think it's fun to follow this, same for the WHC. I just saw one game so far, but I thought I'd update the scoring race on occasion...

Edit: I think this tournament can be very significant for some players. Best of the best not in NA.

Edit 2: Dahlin scratched in game 1...

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I saw Jim Rutherford on tv yesterday. He was asked if the Penguins have any scouts at the Olympics and he said they didn’t.

NHL GM’s and scouts know who these players are and they don’t think they’re NHL caliber anymore. I think we’ve learned in the last few years how big the talent gap is now between the NHL and everywhere else too.
I don't buy that, if they don't have a person there looking they are not doing their job.

NHL has an interest to ignore the Olympics, but it is best on best non-NHL, which means it's pretty dumb to not be looking as an NHL team.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Drafted, never played. I also did not remember, but I saw a piece on Korea's team and they brought it up :)

Too bad HF purged all their old threads and didn't allow the Internet Archive to at least save some of them. Could've seen how people thought of him back then. 3rd round pick, 79th overall in 2002. Only 3 goals and an assist in 28 AHL games.

Reactions: LaGu

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Too bad HF purged all their old threads and didn't allow the Internet Archive to at least save some of them. Could've seen how people thought of him back then. 3rd round pick, 79th overall in 2002. Only 3 goals and an assist in 28 AHL games.

Same way we reacted to Geoff Paukovich.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ugh, hearing the names of Radunske and Plante makes me PTSD all over again. So much junk we had back then. And dammit, I thought we had a diamond in the rough with Hartikainen! If only his skating had improved even a little bit. :ha:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't buy that, if they don't have a person there looking they are not doing their job.

NHL has an interest to ignore the Olympics, but it is best on best non-NHL, which means it's pretty dumb to not be looking as an NHL team.
I don't by that either, Troy Terry is going to increase his interest from NHL teams. Plus there are those unknown guys from who have a chance to really make a name for themselves as well.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Omark 0 G 3 A
Roy 0 G 3 A
Lander 1 G 0 A
Hartikainen 0 G 1 A
Radunske 0 G 1 A
Brule 0 G 0 A
Klinkhammer 0 G 0 A
Arcobello 0 G 0 A
Horak 0 G 0 A
Plante 0 G 0 A
Thoreson 0 G 0 A
Pettersson 0 G 0 A
Patrick Thoreson Norway 0-0-0
Freddie Pettersson (drafted-never played) Sweden 0-0-0
Bryan Young (0-0-0) on South Korea is another. This tournament is loaded with grinders and guys who flamed out as Oilers.

Viktor Fasth is one of the goalies for Sweden.

Tom Renney and Morey Gare are also part of Canada's management group.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I see it’s already been mentioned but Scrivens still sucks. Every time the Czech’s shoot at him, I expect it to go in. Bad memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad