Confirmed with Link: Puustinen 2 way 775k

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sullivan is still coaching so I wouldn’t get too excited about having “skill” in the lineup lol…hope you like your hockey real boring

They tried, E-Rod was just a failed concept here when he didn't get the prettier minutes. That was unfortunate. Sheary wasn't some defensive dynamo. Kessel wasn't either. The Pens are literally stripped of it altogether.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
When you guys have a minute take a look at the Penguins last 8 draft classes. It’s insane how bad it is. This dude is like 1 of 3 actual nhl or potential nhl players.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully he increases his .5 games played in the NHL per season from the last two years. Meanwhile, idiots like Jank, Simon, Carter, McGinn etc were given 9 lives. Dubas can’t keep allowing sully to trot out awful players simply because they are over 30, North American, crappy, and can PK.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Hopefully he increases his .5 games played in the NHL per season from the last two years. Meanwhile, idiots like Jank, Simon, Carter, McGinn etc were given 9 lives. Dubas can’t keep allowing sully to trot out awful players simply because they are over 30, North American, crappy, and can PK.

What line would you play him on?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What line would you play him on?
I wouldn’t give him a roster spot yet, but good god, when the vets are in monumental slumps, sit their asses.

I need to see what changes Harry Potter makes before saying where I want to see Puus. There is no point in him wasting away with Granlund and Carter, for example, or some atrocious fourth line.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I still remain hopeful that Puusty and Nylander can claim middle 6 roles, would be nice cheap production that can be allocated towards goaltending or other parts of the roster.

It goes without saying that the oldest team in the league needed some young legs last year. They just looked gassed in the third period which led to so many blown leads. Honestly pretty ridiculous he didn't even get a 2nd look last year while our bottom 6 toiled away.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nah Heinen was dogshit last year, just as Kapanen, Carter and McGinn were.

The bottom-6 failed because the guys who were supposed to be good for them in the bottom-6 sucked.
1.87 5v5 P/P60. Same rate as Guentzel. 🤷‍♂️ Why are we bunching him with Carter and Mcginn, who were a 1.10?
He had something like a 8% worse rate from the prior year, when people were high on him.
If he got more minutes with better players then he woulda scored more and people wouldn't be bitching about him now imo.
He should have gotten some of Rust's 5v5 minutes in the top 6. Kapanen too. Carter should have been the one getting healthy scratched. Blueger next in line.

Compare Heinen's usage from one year to the next and adjust expectations accordingly. If you slash his minutes, worsen his average linemates and boost his D-zone starts by 20%, what results do you want from him?
If you give him 55-60% O-zone starts with his new team, with even decent linemates, watch him score 30+ points at a ~1 mil cap hit. He'll defend better than many Forwards too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Is he this year's Zohorna or Angelo where fans complain about him not playing and when he finally does he plays so good that he is out of the NHL?

In all seriousness seems like he has some skill but he likely is just another weak NHLer.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sullivan is still coaching so I wouldn’t get too excited about having “skill” in the lineup lol…hope you like your hockey real boring
We've been slowly forced to accept it for 6 seasons. If they aren't prepared yet, theys wankbuckets.

Is he this year's Zohorna or Angelo where fans complain about him not playing and when he finally does he plays so good that he is out of the NHL?

In all seriousness seems like he has some skill but he likely is just another weak NHLer.
In the lone game he got over a year ago, he displayed none of the issues Sullivan stated he needed to work on.

Was playing good 2way hockey in his lone game, helped set up a goal off a smart play. He showed a lot of what other coaches would want to see more of. But not Mike Sullivan. Nope.

I guess we still have Sullivan supporters here. f***ing bizarre as shit that we do, but we do.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I find you overly negative yet on-point for the Pens depth. What's your plan for Puustinen?

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Sullivan: I think our system works best with speed

Also Sullivan: Let’s call up the AHL players and give them 3 shifts a period for 7 total minutes a game.

Sullivan needs to do what he did when he took this team over and trust younger players again and let them work out growing pains. If you’re going to allow constant issues from vets then give the young guns a chance too.
This makes sense but it wasn't just a grab bag of young players. Tom Kuhnhackl was probably better than anything we brought out of WBS lately.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I find you overly negative yet on-point for the Pens depth. What's your plan for Puustinen?
Me or someone that's on ignore you're replying to?

This makes sense but it wasn't just a grab bag of young players. Tom Kuhnhackl was probably better than anything we brought out of WBS lately.
He only brought up blokes he coached and trusted. Sort of his shtick since then. He's rarely given youth a fair shot even when they've played well and earned a shot with the top 6 even for a shift or two. He will maybe do it for a shift in a game where it wouldn't matter anymore and say he tried. It's been going on for 6yrs and somehow blokes keep ignoring it. It's not made up shit.

There's 6 seasons of f***ing sample size.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe it's you and maybe it isn't. What do you propose?

[it's not you]
Let's see what the new gm does for fixing the team and then see how Sullivan utilizes it in the first two months. If by some miracle he's doing the right things with the roster which hasn't happened in a long time, then great. If not, then the GM and the Hockey Ops dork can finally see that this coach isn't utilizing his roster to the best of its ability and the previous years display that as well and it's time to move on.

Really depends on who they add and Sully proof the roster with, which is a damn near impossible task really because Sully will Sully the roster no matter what. He has his faves. Refuses to see past them.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Me or someone that's on ignore you're replying to?

He only brought up blokes he coached and trusted. Sort of his shtick since then. He's rarely given youth a fair shot even when they've played well and earned a shot with the top 6 even for a shift or two. He will maybe do it for a shift in a game where it wouldn't matter anymore and say he tried. It's been going on for 6yrs and somehow blokes keep ignoring it. It's not made up shit.

There's 6 seasons of f***ing sample size.
It's not made up, but no one's exactly pounding on the door here. I feel confident if another Guentzel came through he would be in the top 6. I think Sullivan is stubborn with the lineup in general, not specific to the detriment of young players.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I wouldn’t give him a roster spot yet, but good god, when the vets are in monumental slumps, sit their asses.

I need to see what changes Harry Potter makes before saying where I want to see Puus. There is no point in him wasting away with Granlund and Carter, for example, or some atrocious fourth line.

He seems like a top 2 line player or bust.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

He very well could be, but at least find out, no? We played guys who were atrocious at times, but it’s okay because they are vets and North American. Maybe try to the guy more than 1 game in two years? I would have rather played big Z last year than most of our bottom six - at least he was cheap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He seems like a top 2 line player or bust.

Which is exactly the case and why he doesn't play for the Penguins. Not good enough for the top-6 and doesn't fit into the bottom-6. The solution to "the Penguins have too many shitty players in their bottom-6" is to bring in better bottom-6 players, not try to miscast guys like Puustinen in a bottom-6 role.

The only spot for Puustinen is a top-6 RW spot, with pushing Rust to L3. I also understand why Sullivan wouldn't do that.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s really inexcusable he never got more than one game in two years. Dumbass Sully should have demoted Rust to the third line and tried him for 5 games.

My plan depends on what Harry Potter does with the third line. Will it be a garbage line again that simply goes out there so other player can rest? Will it be shutdown line? Will it be ruined, I mean iced with Granlund and Carter?

If Harry fixes the third line and makes it respectable, I’d consider giving him a shot there if he had an amazing camp. If he would be forced to play with the ghosts of Carter and Granlund, start him in Wbs and promote him the second Rust turns to garbage again. No more let the vets play through their 40 game slumps.

But we know sully will resist promoting him at all costs because of stuff.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Which is exactly the case and why he doesn't play for the Penguins. Not good enough for the top-6 and doesn't fit into the bottom-6. The solution to "the Penguins have too many shitty players in their bottom-6" is to bring in better bottom-6 players, not try to miscast guys like Puustinen in a bottom-6 role.

The only spot for Puustinen is a top-6 RW spot, with pushing Rust to L3. I also understand why Sullivan wouldn't do that.
Maybe it’s time to start considering all options? I mean the guy couldn’t lead last year’s team to the playoffs. He should be desperate and more willing to make changes this year, no? Our top six won’t be nearly as healthy this season, in all likelihood. We would have missed the playoffs by a hell of a lot more than a point or two had Sid or someone else (not Rust) gotten hurt.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
We've been slowly forced to accept it for 6 seasons. If they aren't prepared yet, theys wankbuckets.

In the lone game he got over a year ago, he displayed none of the issues Sullivan stated he needed to work on.

Was playing good 2way hockey in his lone game, helped set up a goal off a smart play. He showed a lot of what other coaches would want to see more of. But not Mike Sullivan. Nope.

I guess we still have Sullivan supporters here. f***ing bizarre as shit that we do, but we do.
No i just realize that our farm system is one of if not the worst in hockey yet many here think we have the second coming of Crosby hanging out down there and Sullivan is holding them back from some amazing breakout.

Play big Z he's going to be great
Play Angelo he has toughness

They played alright.............they played their way out of the league

Nylander got his shot before him, that should tell you something and its not Sullivan

Reactions: Factorial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad