OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Happy Father’s Day to all whom it applies to, by the way! I don’t know what I’d do without my dad. I’m sure y’all’s kids feel the same. Much love.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Sorry for the triple post but I just wanted to say thank you guys for having my back when I was down in the dumps about my ex. Things are much better for me. I got a new house and a new job. Working on myself. Always trying to get better.:thumbu:
These boards are more than just hockey! I really appreciate all of you, and wow what a season. We had an insane year, and I’ll never forget it! Glad I started posting this year finally. You guys are the best.

Look out next year.. I’m gonna win NPPG. Book it.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Same here, too. He was so sick that at the time he passed it was merciful. He was ready and at the time I was too (sort of, you're never REALLY prepared for that, just maybe not so surprised). Over time, though, the hurt has set in--I wish I had asked him about so and so, wish I'd paid more attention when he was trying to teach me sign language. I know the letters but that's all. Little things, mostly. We cleaned out his shop a few years ago and it was both sad and therapeutic. He had at least a million different screws, washers, nails etc., all separated into various jars. We also found a cheesecake pic of my mom which was kind of funny.

Wow. My dad had the same thing with the screws and nuts and bolts.. but he had nailed the lids of the jars to an apparatus he made the looked like a rotisserie so he could keep them overhead instead of on his workbench... I guess it was that generation's inclination not to waste anything.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Bummed we couldn’t grab a drink before you left. Much luck to you, man. We’ll have to link up on NHL again sometime. I know you said you will, but you better stay on these boards!

Next season I really would like to meet up with some folks to watch the game. None of my friends in real life even remotely feel the same way about hockey. Would be a nice release for me. Lol. Plus I’m envious of the relationships you all have developed.
I'm down to meet up. although last year, i was mostly up top since tickets on a Tuesday night required selling a newborn child.

maybe us flaming out will help the prices chill out a bit and i can go to more.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What I'm saying with this rambling spasm of emotion is, Adz is right.. if you're blessed that your father is still alive,make sure you appreciate it and him, and on more than just today.
Couldn't on the day of, 'cause he was out on an extended bike trip with his grandchildren. :)

* * *​
Wow. My dad had the same thing with the screws and nuts and bolts.. but he had nailed the lids of the jars to an apparatus he made the looked like a rotisserie so he could keep them overhead instead of on his workbench... I guess it was that generation's inclination not to waste anything.
That was more my (paternal) grandfather's thing. I don't think we ever visited there without him talking us into taking back home a radio or tape player that he'd repaired with rubber bands and bailing wire. He also was constantly replacing his car (swapping out used cars for other used cars); one of the greatest compliments I ever received from him was, when I drove him to a hospital visit one day, a week or two later he showed up with the same model car I owned. ;)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
(And in reply to Viqsi)

He had glass baby food jars from when Dena and I were babies that he had glued the metal tops to various things. Pimento pepper jars held tiny things, like eyeglasses screws. He had also built or acquired multiple rotating stands and depending on the size had either plastic peanut butter jars or ancient tin cans on them. Every single tool had a place--and you knew where that place was because he'd drawn around them on his pegboard. He knew immediately if one was missing.

He was amazing at reuse. He built this cabinet out of scrap wood--plywood I think--but after he painted it and then painted "wood grain" on it you could not tell it wasn't a piece of fine furniture. My sister was blessed with a lot of that ingenuity, partly from being around him for longer, the rest from genes. I got the "pick at people about their grammar usage" gene instead. I'd trade.

I'd love to meet up for beverage consumption sometime. I used to do that prior to games with others from the board but the lockout and life changes got us out of the habit. I still go somewhere before games but it's with "a" friend instead of multiple.

Reactions: Viqsi

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Unfortunately life has got in the way of me being able to make it to live games. Getting to go the games 4 and 6 of the final with my oldest last summer was a special treat but its gonna be a few years before I can start making family trips down for games again.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone from the boards as well.

bonus if you drink as much as i do
What part of town do you stay in? I’m in Murfreesboro.

I don’t drink a whole lot, I’m at the other end of the spectrum.:naughty:

But yeah man I don’t go to games too often. Ya boy is a broke ass. I mean WAY broke lol and my car is messed up so I feel ya.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
What part of town do you stay in? I’m in Murfreesboro.

I don’t drink a whole lot, I’m at the other end of the spectrum.:naughty:

But yeah man I don’t go to games too often. Ya boy is a broke ass. I mean WAY broke lol and my car is messed up so I feel ya.

Same here. Keep cool down there. Western NY is melting right now.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Unfortunately life has got in the way of me being able to make it to live games. Getting to go the games 4 and 6 of the final with my oldest last summer was a special treat but its gonna be a few years before I can start making family trips down for games again.
That's what happens when you start over with babies when the older ones are out of the house. Grandchildren are similar--if you are "into" the game, it's hard to divert all your attention to keeping them safe but you have to. My 10 year old granddaughter is at a point where she can go to a playoff game, pay attention, knows the chants, won't ask to go home after the second period AND can respond intelligently when asked who's her favorite player and why. Happy Day! The other one has a little while, though.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So. It's been an interesting end to the season, hey?

Anyone know how much is left on Lavi's contract, by the way? Asking, for a friend.

Like you don't know down to the second hand but it is 2 years.

My thoughts are that if BT comes back to Nashville it will be as a member of senior management, not as a coach. I could see him going to (gag) Minnesota, NYI, or sit out a year and take the helm in Seattle. It's a little closer to his hometown of Manitoba. I don't know if he still has family still living there or not.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Since yesterday this site keeps logging me out--on both my home and work computer, even though I have checked the Keep Logged In box. Anyone else having this happen? I've had the "re-log in" thing happen periodically for years but this is the first time in memory that it hasn't reset for me.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Since yesterday this site keeps logging me out--on both my home and work computer, even though I have checked the Keep Logged In box. Anyone else having this happen? I've had the "re-log in" thing happen periodically for years but this is the first time in memory that it hasn't reset for me.

Site changed to a secure website. Need https in the url.

Best bet is log in, make a new bookmark and delete the old bookmark

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Thanks too, I rarely look at this thread but did just to ask what Adz beat me to.

Well never mind, even with https as bookmark I still have to log in.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks too, I rarely look at this thread but did just to ask what Adz beat me to.

Well never mind, even with https as bookmark I still have to log in.
I had to bookmark, exit out of the browser, fire it up again, THEN log in and have it "remember log in". So far no problems.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Can I no longer choose how many posts to show per page? I got logged out, too, and when I logged back in I noticed it had changed to 25 per page and I can't find any place to change it back to 50 per page. :(

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Can I no longer choose how many posts to show per page? I got logged out, too, and when I logged back in I noticed it had changed to 25 per page and I can't find any place to change it back to 50 per page. :(
There's a thread about this on the main hockey page--says it'll go back to 50 after the draft.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
This stuff is...unique. I kind of liked it, the Tabasco side in particular. I couldn't quite put my finger on the rest of it though. I can see this being a good mixer. 70 proof.

George-Dickel-Tabasco-Brand-Barrel-Finish-Whisky.png

Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad