OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone know why when I come back to the forums it acts like I’m not signed in until I click on a thread? A thread that also goes back in time a bit instead of to most recent post like it used to?

May just be a glitch across the system right now but very annoying.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
RIP Vinnie Paul. He and his brother are responsible for pumping up our crowd at least 2 or 3 times per night.

Vinnie Paul, Legendary Drummer for Pantera & Damageplan, Dead at 54
See you back home Cowboys!
:yo:
dimebagvinnie-getty.jpg

Reactions: FFWRX and LCPreds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone know why when I come back to the forums it acts like I’m not signed in until I click on a thread? A thread that also goes back in time a bit instead of to most recent post like it used to?

May just be a glitch across the system right now but very annoying.
There was a changeover to a secured site so now it says https on startup. If you go back up this thread a little there are instructions and information about it and there is also some on the main hockey forum, but basically it involves re-signing in and resetting your bookmarks.

If you've already done this it may have been due to larger volume of visitors due to the draft. I know they said they were changing the amount of posts on a page temporarily, so it could be related to that change.

Reactions: Jonesey and LCPreds

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He claims that everything is good now but the wife of my friend since middle school gave birth late last night, but apparently the baby couldn't breathe because the cord was wrapped around his neck. Said his face was purple because of it, but my friend seems to have gotten enough reassurance to think that everything will be fine.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He claims that everything is good now but the wife of my friend since middle school gave birth late last night, but apparently the baby couldn't breathe because the cord was wrapped around his neck. Said his face was purple because of it, but my friend seems to have gotten enough reassurance to think that everything will be fine.

Happens frequently. May have caused them to have to do an emergency cesarean section but ultrasound and fetal heart monitoring during labor calls attention to this before if becomes dangerous in most cases, and as soon as the baby is delivered the problem is over. Is the baby in the NICU? if not then everything is almost certainly fine

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Happens frequently. May have caused them to have to do an emergency cesarean section but ultrasound and fetal heart monitoring during labor calls attention to this before if becomes dangerous in most cases, and as soon as the baby is delivered the problem is over. Is the baby in the NICU? if not then everything is almost certainly fine
He said "he couldn't breathe when he was born" because of the cord and that there was a lot of panic for a few minutes but he still maintains that it should be okay now. I just don't know how those things play out.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He said "he couldn't breathe when he was born" because of the cord and that there was a lot of panic for a few minutes but he still maintains that it should be okay now. I just don't know how those things play out.
They would have cut the cord around the neck as soon and it was visible(my second child had this). Most likely the baby required some resuscitation(suctioning, using a bag and mask to help the baby breathe, give extra oxygen). Was very harrowing I'm sure for the parents but not uncommon.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
This stuff is...unique. I kind of liked it, the Tabasco side in particular. I couldn't quite put my finger on the rest of it though. I can see this being a good mixer. 70 proof.

George-Dickel-Tabasco-Brand-Barrel-Finish-Whisky.png
Is it gimicky spicy, or is it worth the purchase? Dickel No. 12 is my go-to so I'm curious if its worth the purchase.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
No, it's Tabasco heat, not at all like the cinnamon Fireball or Tennessee Fire flavoring. To me it's light (35% alcohol) and sweet on the start then finishes with the Tabasco kick. The heat and spice linger in your mouth after the swallow. I like it for what it is and also advertised as - not as a sippin whiskey/whisky. So far I've only had it neat and have enjoyed it.

If you don't want to risk $24 for the bottle then you can see if the bar has it the next time you're out and about.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm in NYC on business and checked out the NHL store near Times Square. I was disappointed in their selection. A few of every team's jerseys and some throwbacks (I saw Whalers) but nothing else. All the shelves were bare. There were lots of boxes, not sure if it was last season or upcoming season. I know it's the off season but that's pitiful.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Currently in the process of moving to Pittsburgh for work. I’m gonna need t’s, p’s, and a lot more to keep from punching one of these yinzers (or whatever you call them) in the face.

Gonna need the Preds to come up big soon so I don’t have to hear the usual bs from Chicago east. Nice city, but eff the sports teams.

Reactions: PredsV82

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Currently in the process of moving to Pittsburgh for work. I’m gonna need t’s, p’s, and a lot more to keep from punching one of these yinzers (or whatever you call them) in the face.

Gonna need the Preds to come up big soon so I don’t have to hear the usual bs from Chicago east. Nice city, but eff the sports teams.
My condolences.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Despite the reputation that bandwagon Pens and Steelers fans outside of Pittsburgh have, the city and people are actually pretty great. And that's coming from a Philly guy!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Good luck. I just made a long distance move about two weeks ago, however the teams where I went don't have any real history with Nashville teams (mainly because there's no NHL, yet) so that's nothing I have to worry about. I've heard Pittsburgh is actually pretty cool for the most part.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
12 hours in the car yesterday with two small kids... today better be a good day...
I hear you. No kids but...Friday we got an early start out of NYC. 2 PM, were expecting it to be 5 or so. So we got to 11th street (literally 3 streets away from our hotel) and sat there for 2 hours. It was "the" way out. People honked and honked. "It's blocked" "I know, what's going on?" "We don't know, it's blocked!" Finally got through and we're in New Jersey...

...where Car Siri sent us to a route that was closed to traffic. So I consulted Phone Siri, who would say "turn left" and the other one would say "turn right" at the same place. So we saw some sights in NJ before both Siris routed us incorrectly to a bridge that was out (via different routes). Finally got out of the state of NJ around 6. Stopped to eat around 8:15 which was too late and food was suspect.

Then there were NO HOTELS. All of them, booked, didn't matter the size, price or location. So we drove...and drove...and drove the 863 miles. Stopped at a rest area where the security guard let us sleep for a couple of hours. Got home at 7:30 AM and crashed. Older bones do NOT react well to this. At least there were no kids involved!

FYI Mr. Adz does NOT fly and he got a new car to play with, hence the driving thing was a given.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I forgot to add after that long ride the little one puked a whole days worth of food/milk on the hotel room floor after we had been in the room for 10 minutes...

But will be on the beach in the next hour so all is good...

Reactions: Jonesey and Adz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->