Recalled/Assigned: Pulkkinen sent back down

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not sure what the context is here....

But saw this on twitter:

George Malik ‏@georgemalik 3m
@aeschnepp @MrAdrianKeith "It's not to say we didn't like Calle Jarnkrok, but we liked Pulkkinen a little better."

edit: Above comment is from pro scout Kirk Maltby during a segment on 105.1 from earlier today.

Full Audio segment here: http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...yoffs-o?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

But saw this on twitter:

@aeschnepp @MrAdrianKeith "It's not to say we didn't like Calle Jarnkrok, but we liked Pulkkinen a little better."

Por que no los dos?

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Appears it was a quote from Maltby during an interview. Just guessing but from the comment it appears it was between Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok going to Nashville so you have to wonder if the rumor of Jarnkrok wanting to go back to Sweden is true. For such a questionable trade I really, really want the dirt on it. **** just doesn't add up.

So the real question is; would you have rather given up Pulkkinen or Jarnkrok? Neither isn't an option.

All things being equal and they pan out I think Pulkkinen is the better one to keep. You can find Jarnkrok's in FA. RH 100+ MPH accurate bombs and saucy passing doesn't grow on trees.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

But saw this on twitter:

edit: Above comment is from pro scout Kirk Maltby during a segment on 105.1 from earlier today.

Full Audio segment here: http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...yoffs-o?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess he's saying that the Preds wanted Pookie or Iron Hook and the Wings liked Pookie more or thought he was more NHL ready. And I would've rather kept Jarnkrok.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Appears it was a quote from Maltby during an interview. Just guessing but from the comment it appears it was between Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok going to Nashville so you have to wonder if the rumor of Jarnkrok wanting to go back to Sweden is true. For such a questionable trade I really, really want the dirt on it. **** just doesn't add up.

So the real question is; would you have rather given up Pulkkinen or Jarnkrok? Neither isn't an option.

All things being equal and they pan out I think Pulkkinen is the better one to keep. You can find Jarnkrok's in FA. RH 100+ MPH accurate bombs and saucy passing doesn't grow on trees.

Yeah, if you saw my edit, the comment was from Maltby on 105.1 earlier today. Threw a link in there also, if people want to listen to his comments.

But picking between Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok would be a very tough one for me. If they both played the same position it would be easily Pulkkinen. I think it's good to know the Wings think highly of Teemu though.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

This is like one of those logic problems where you have to fill in the assumed premises. I think he means to say:

1. We didn't have room for Jarnkrok at center because Sheahan made it.
2. We only think we have one spot on the wing.
3. Jarnkrok or Pulkkinen could take that spot on the wing.
4. We like Pulkkinen better.
5. Therefore, no room for Jarnkrok.

But that doesn't make a lot of sense. Surely there's more than one spot on the wing.

edit: perhaps it's: We only have two spots on the wing going forward, and one is Anthony Mantha's.

Last edited:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Tough decision to pick between the two of them, no doubt. But despite of Järnkrok's "advantage" of being a center,
i guess the risk of him going back to Sweden has to be considered as well. So, if u ask me, i would have made the same decision.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
But that doesn't make a lot of sense. Surely there's more than one spot on the wing.

edit: perhaps it's: We only have two spots on the wing going forward, and one is Anthony Mantha's.

Holland said recently that Mantha is "untouchable".

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Yeah, if you saw my edit, the comment was from Maltby on 105.1 earlier today. Threw a link in there also, if people want to listen to his comments.

But picking between Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok would be a very tough one for me. If they both played the same position it would be easily Pulkkinen. I think it's good to know the Wings think highly of Teemu though.

This is like one of those logic problems where you have to fill in the assumed premises. I think he means to say:

1. We didn't have room for Jarnkrok at center because Sheahan made it.
2. We only think we have one spot on the wing.
3. Jarnkrok or Pulkkinen could take that spot on the wing.
4. We like Pulkkinen better.
5. Therefore, no room for Jarnkrok.

I tell ya, I would have loved to have been a fly on Holland's wall on the trade deadline day

I saw that tweet from Jiri that Mantha was going to get a shot with the Red Wings after his playoffs are done. Whether or not that's true, who knows. Maybe he breaks the mold and plays his way onto the roster next year. They bring Alfredsson back. Tatar, Nyquist and Jurco are up full time. Jarnkrok isn't bulking up so breaking into the center position isn't going as planned so they think about converting him to wing. Makes sense, he's smart, probably better suited for it. But winger spots are actually starting to disappear pretty quick. They obviously have enough passers on the team, Pulkkinen can pass well and splits pucks in half with his shot...

Just so many ? marks. Usually Holland and co. are pretty cryptic but this feels, I don't know...

I'm heading over to capgeek...

Anchor Town*

Holland said recently that Mantha is "untouchable".

Doesn't mean much. He would trade Mantha for Crosby so he's not untouchable, just would take massive overpayment. Just Holland being hyperbolic

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Oh, hey, Emmerton is still playing. I continue to find this utterly befuddling. Babcock KNOWS that Emmerton cannot play effectively in the NHL, yet continues to give him the nod over Ferraro because he has played in the NHL and Ferraro has not.

****ING ANNOYING.

Ericsson played point on the power play in his very first game, also because of injuries.

My thoughts exactly.

If anything, switch out Glendening and call up Ferraro. Ferraro is everything Glendening is right now and could potentially have offensive upside. So why not?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
My thoughts exactly.

If anything, switch out Glendening and call up Ferraro. Ferraro is everything Glendening is right now and could potentially have offensive upside. So why not?

I'd rather switch out Emmerton. Glendening brings an element of grit and sandpaper. Plus he could still round out his game. Emmerton has had his chance for a few years now and he's just not good enough. Plain and simple.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not excited one bit by this news. I would rather keep him in GR actually, and let him help the Griffins. This team will not suddenly be able to win games because Pulkkinen is here. He is a downgrade from Jurco, so we basically just got worse. The Oilers game is a toss up because they are also a joke, but after that we will be lucky to win 2 outta the next 9 with games against Chicago and Boston and Pittsburgh and Minnesota.

DatsyukianDeke*

Not excited one bit by this news. I would rather keep him in GR actually, and let him help the Griffins. This team will not suddenly be able to win games because Pulkkinen is here. He is a downgrade from Jurco, so we basically just got worse. The Oilers game is a toss up because they are also a joke, but after that we will be lucky to win 2 outta the next 9 with games against Chicago and Boston and Pittsburgh and Minnesota.

Yea because rewarding him with NHL experience after playing great in the AHL is not a good thing. :shakehead

He's earned a spot right now with this depleted lineup, and we are still trying to make the playoffs. Have you already given up ? sure sounds like it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Yea because rewarding him with NHL experience after playing great in the AHL is not a good thing. :shakehead

He's earned a spot right now with this depleted lineup, and we are still trying to make the playoffs. Have you already given up ? sure sounds like it.

I gave up when they announced Datsyuk was out for 3+ weeks. That was the end of the season. We are not good enough without both Datsyuk and Zetterberg, its fairly obvious. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to watch the games and support the team, but realistically speaking, we are not good enough with this depleted roster. The record without both of them speaks for itself, there is nothing that will suddenly make this current lineup start winning games.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

I'd pick Jarnkrok between the two, but I'd take both over Legwand any day.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
One thing to keep in mind with Pulkkinen is he has transitioned amazingly well at each step in his career. Now certainly this is a big jump, but it will be interesting to see, we are talking about a guy that excelled when very young in the WJC, upon arrival in SM-Liiga and then the AHL. He makes a habit of elevating immediately and figuring out how he fits in and what he does well at the new level very quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad