Confirmed with Link: Puljujarvi signs 1 year deal with Karpat, Liiga

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Did you even read his post? Didn't say Puljujarvi got robbed of a goal.
That person constantly posts totally random stuff that half the time have nothing to do with what he's replying to, really difficult to get a read even though he's Finnish as well.

Reactions: frag2

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Don't know if this is said in jest but if not I guess Hughes is an even bigger bust in your eyes, right?
Well, yes. Jack Hughes has been a major disappointment so far. Demoted to the third line already. Looking more like a Kyle Turris than an Auston Matthews so far.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Just putting this out there -
And to preface, I like and cheer for any player to make it.

However, IMO, doesn't matter to me if he is on Conners line, the swede team in Carolina, or where he is currently, i feel this player is a complete bust.

He may get a 10 game shot if traded, bit other than that I don't think he'll ever be an NHL player.

There. I feel better about confessing!
I agree with you, and I thought so when we drafted him. Team > anybody.

The Finnish hype machine is almost as bad as CP, got us to draft Puljujarvi without even thinking rationally. Imagine Tkachuk on our team.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
That's an interesting point. If the Oilers had drafted Tkachuk, I wonder what kind of cap gymnastics they would have had to do this past offseason.
I have often wondered about that too. That's how I at times get through the horrific draft picks and trades. For example, zero chance we would have Hallsy after this year if we kept him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Go back to the draft archives. Even Bobby Mac and Button said the pick was Sergachev until JP tanked to us.
I'm not saying I don't believe you.

Just surprised. For as good as Sergachev is, he's one of the last players we needed.

Especially given our history of bungling Russians.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Look at Kaapo Kakko. 1 point in 5 games, I think JP did better. I said it all along, Kakko is as big of a bust as JP. So far it's coming true.

Lol did you see Kakko on the 1st PP in the preseason? That dude is gonna be a player. He looked elite. Give him a minute and he will be in your hockey pools before this year is out.. guarantee that.

Reactions: Mestaruus

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
That's an interesting point. If the Oilers had drafted Tkachuk, I wonder what kind of cap gymnastics they would have had to do this past offseason.

The one thing Chiarelli seemed to do was lock up the RFA's before going into the final season of the ELC. He probably would have signed Tkachuk prior to last season if he was on the team.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I agree with you, and I thought so when we drafted him. Team > anybody.

The Finnish hype machine is almost as bad as CP, got us to draft Puljujarvi without even thinking rationally. Imagine Tkachuk on our team.

Yes

But I don't follow draft eligibles enough that year to know of Pulji was worth it or not.
And I'd have Tkachuk on my team anyday but I think he's a perfect fit in Calgary. Not sure if he'd be as successful here. Probably though!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm not saying I don't believe you.

Just surprised. For as good as Sergachev is, he's one of the last players we needed.

Especially given our history of bungling Russians.

Remember that draft was in 2016.

Sekera was the undisputed best defenseman on the team. Klefbom wasn't great and hurt 75% of the time. Nurse was a rookie. Schultz was just traded. Davidson and Fayne spent a big chunk of the season in the top4.

They were pretty desperate for defensemen back then.

Reactions: harpoon

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yes

But I don't follow draft eligibles enough that year to know of Pulji was worth it or not.
And I'd have Tkachuk on my team anyday but I think he's a perfect fit in Calgary. Not sure if he'd be as successful here. Probably though!
I knew Puljujarvi was high but some were trying to bs many people and say that he was potentially better than Laine. While they had a great wjc, as soon as the Kekalainen passed over him for Dubois I would have said screw that.

But I’m not in that position nor is it of any relevance right now. We have to deal with this situation. Tkachuk while apparently not in our plans would have cool to have on our side. Now we have to hate his guts, and for good reason by the way.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I knew Puljujarvi was high but some were trying to bs many people and say that he was potentially better than Laine. While they had a great wjc, as soon as the Kekalainen passed over him for Dubois I would have said screw that.

But I’m not in that position nor is it of any relevance right now. We have to deal with this situation. Tkachuk while apparently not in our plans would have cool to have on our side. Now we have to hate his guts, and for good reason by the way.

Absolutely
Well said!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad